Daniel At The Foxwoods Poker Classic

If the hand isn't nothing across, 4 across, or paint, then I look at the cards. The only time I don't look is when I know that I might have one of the following hands:A-2A-32-3A-A9-99-1010-10J-QJ-KQ-KJ-JQ-QK-K I'd raise first in with most of these hands anyway, except for the A-2, A-3, 2-3 combos, but since the table is weak I added those. I also wouldn't normally raise with the 9-10's either.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the hand isn't nothing across, 4 across, or paint, then I look at the cards. The only time I don't look is when I know that I might have one of the following hands:A-2A-32-3A-A9-99-1010-10J-QJ-KQ-KJ-JQ-QK-K I'd raise first in with most of these hands anyway, except for the A-2, A-3, 2-3 combos, but since the table is weak I added those. I also wouldn't normally raise with the 9-10's either.
OK, thanks for the explanation.

I forgot about the food situation here, man it's tough to grab a quick snack! This place is always so packed yet there is little on the menus for a guy who doesn't want cow or pig. I ordered a couple sides to my room but it wasn't quite what I wanted. A side order or rice, some raw brocolli, and a side order of fries. Looks like that'll be all I eat till we finish tonight. The room service menu really sucks so it looks like I'll have to go to the Chinese restaurant tonight.

I forgot about the food situation here, man it's tough to grab a quick snack! This place is always so packed yet there is little on the menus for a guy who doesn't want cow or pig. I ordered a couple sides to my room but it wasn't quite what I wanted. A side order or rice, some raw brocolli, and a side order of fries. Looks like that'll be all I eat till we finish tonight. The room service menu really sucks so it looks like I'll have to go to the Chinese restaurant tonight.
Why not eat at the table??Good luck- it looks like you are off to a solid start and have a fairly soft table. I hope you take it down!

DN, watch it buddy, if I recall foxwoods has been good to you, face it bro being a vegitarian is not the norm. dont complain about the room service menu or anything else about foxwoods. DONK

Kate Beckinsale :club:
I thought it was a pic of Patty?? :D Daniel Negreanu plays a hand...Thursday, April 6, 2006 04:56 PMPlayer (late position) raises to 1500 preflop. The button and Daniel Negreanu (small blind) call. The flop comes AK7.Everyone check.The turn 10.The late position player bets 4k, the button calls, and Negreanu calls.The river K.The late position player bets 6k, the button player calls, and Negreanu folds.Late position player shows pocket 7's for a full house. The button player folds.

What the Hell?Daniel Negreanu Eliminated Log: With board of 10c-7h-5d-9s, Daniel Negreanu bets $5,500. His opponent raises to $23,000 and Negreanu moves all in. His opponent calls the additional $12,500 and shows 8d-6d for the straight. Negreanu turns over 9h-9c and needs the board to pair. However, the river is the 6c and Negreanu has been eliminated from the tournament.

Daniel I was just wonderingHow does Foxwood's new poker room look? I haven't had a chance to go down and see it yet.Also are you playing in the poker room? or are you they still having it in the ball room?

Josh Schlein. Isn't that the guy who finished second in Aruba?
Yeh, I was watching WPT with my friend the other night, and he said he went to HS with Schlein in Owings Mill, just a few miles from where I live. My friend said he was a weird dude, but very smart. Surprised I haven't heard of him as a local player till now.

the thing is, u have a perception of players as being weak so u dont think they "have it". I dont get how someone can push all their chips with trips when there is a str8 on the board....

maybe, just maybe, he thinks his hand is good? T759 is not very scary. only two possible straights, J8 and 68, both of which are pretty shady hands to be in with, assuming daniel raised pf. i dont fault the guy's play but its not like trips isnt very good there. maybe the reraise shoulda scared him, but then again, there was a huge reraise when all the guy had was JJ and DN's KK held up.

dont worry DN even the best get eliminated sometimesDate / Time: 2006-04-06 04:38PMTitle: Robert Varkonyi EliminatedLog: Robert Varkonyi has been eliminated from the tournament when his pocket nines failed to improve again against his opponents pocket kings.

the thing is, u have a perception of players as being weak so u dont think they "have it". I dont get how someone can push all their chips with trips when there is a str8 on the board....
there was no straight on the board

there was a possibly str8, and he needed to "hit" a boat to win the hand...i just dont get the all in move with a set when the guy could have TT or a made str8, end of discussion.