Daniel At The Foxwoods Poker Classic

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, he had Brokeback.
I like the idea of naming a hand brokeback, but, I think AJ off or Jx off or QQ would be better suited to be named brokeback.

I was watching that video of Daniel and the guy asked him what kind of music he listened to but Daniel ended up talking about something else. Do you guys know what kind of music he listens to?

Anything new? It's been almost an hour since the last update, and I'm starting to get antsy. :club:

From WPT webpage:"That's a big bluff"Thursday, April 6, 2006 02:27 PMDaniel Negreanu bets 10500 on the preflop; Player calls from the Big Blind.The flop 4JKBoth players check.The turn QNegreanu bets 1500; Player calls.The river 9Player bets 3k; Negreanu goes deep in the tank and mumbles "that's a big bluff". Negreanu calls.Player shows 5-10 and lands his straight on the river.Negreanu mucks and "says" he had the A-K, but never shows.

I like the idea of naming a hand brokeback, but, I think AJ off or Jx off or QQ would be better suited to be named brokeback.
Well, I think it came from the idea of Brokeback Mountain being a film about cowboys and that's what you call Kings in poker.I got it from RGP and Wikipedia. Here's the Wikipedia list of slang names for poker hands - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_slang...for_poker_hands

2:46 pm: "I'm not looking at my holdcards. I'm raising with the following: two paints, two 4 acrosses, two nothing acrosses."2:47 pm: "That means I could be raising with 2 3 offsuit and I wouldn't even know it."I know that Daniel is the best and can out play pretty much outplay anyone at his table but isnt this a little dangerous in the overall scheme of wanting to make the final table? Or when is he looking at his hole cards?

2:46 pm: "I'm not looking at my holdcards. I'm raising with the following: two paints, two 4 acrosses, two nothing acrosses."2:47 pm: "That means I could be raising with 2 3 offsuit and I wouldn't even know it."I know that Daniel is the best and can out play pretty much outplay anyone at his table but isnt this a little dangerous in the overall scheme of wanting to make the final table? Or when is he looking at his hole cards?
He's doing it because the players at his table are easy to push out of most pots.
2:46 pm: "I'm not looking at my holdcards. I'm raising with the following: two paints, two 4 acrosses, two nothing acrosses."2:47 pm: "That means I could be raising with 2 3 offsuit and I wouldn't even know it."
:club: I have ALOT to learn about poker...DN is frickin rigged.......
2:46 pm: "I'm not looking at my holdcards. I'm raising with the following: two paints, two 4 acrosses, two nothing acrosses."2:47 pm: "That means I could be raising with 2 3 offsuit and I wouldn't even know it."
Someones bored...
Not really. This is a tactic used by many mixed game players. It helps ensure they are changing up there play enought to avoid giving any reads. From the sound of his table it seems this is the PERFECT time to do it.
I was watching that video of Daniel and the guy asked him what kind of music he listened to but Daniel ended up talking about something else. Do you guys know what kind of music he listens to?
I do, I do!! lol. It is relaxing meditating music. He was not kidding when he said birds chirping. Other examples would be the sound of the ocean, etc.

I'm still not getting it.... he could play a lot more hands than that and win vs these players. Is he playing other hands besides these? I would hope so.If he's not, he's folding hands like 88, 77, 66, 55, 44, AK, AQ, AJ, AT, A9, and all of the mid suited "connectors" he likes.

I'm still not getting it.... he could play a lot more hands than that and win vs these players. Is he playing other hands besides these? I would hope so.If he's not, he's folding hands like 88, 77, 66, 55, 44, AK, AQ, AJ, AT, A9, and all of the mid suited "connectors" he likes.
isnt 88 4 across?
come on now think this out. He doesn't ONLY play hands in that mannor. It is simply a way to play every once in a while
come on now think this out. He doesn't ONLY play hands in that mannor. It is simply a way to play every once in a while
He said he's not looking at his cards and he said which ones he's raising with. He didn't say sometimes... he said he's not looking.
He said he's not looking at his cards and he said which ones he's raising with. He didn't say sometimes... he said he's not looking.
It means that he can not give off any tells. I am sure he looks when it is next action to him, the KK hand is an example.It adds a degree of randomness to your play, I think it is sort of odd for him to do this on what appears to be a weak table. But it allows him to focus on picking up on his opponents easier, I would imagine.
It means that he can not give off any tells. I am sure he looks when it is next action to him, the KK hand is an example.It adds a degree of randomness to your play, I think it is sort of odd for him to do this on what appears to be a weak table. But it allows him to focus on picking up on his opponents easier, I would imagine.
I know it makes his hands random, but I don't think he looks at his cards until after the flop. Which is why I don't get why some of the hands would be folded that don't meet his criteria.Maybe he can answer since he's reading the thread.