***official Boston Red Sox Thread***

THEY WEREN'T THE FIRST 6 GAMES THOUGH. IT'S TOTALLY DIFFERENT. LARGE SAMPLES ARE IRRELEVANT COMPARED TO SHORT, OPPOSING SAMPLES.Everybody knows that.
^ ThisI don't think he understands things.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last week everybody in Boston was calling for Dice-K's deportation, this week he pitches 7 shutout innings, 1 walk and 1 hit. He retired the last 16 batters he faced.

Last week everybody in Boston was calling for Dice-K's deportation, this week he pitches 7 shutout innings, 1 walk and 1 hit. He retired the last 16 batters he faced.
Don't buy into it yet. The Jays batters have been swinging wiffle bats for the last few days. No one except Bautista can take a pitch either, which is perfect for Matsuzaka's inability to throw strikes consistently.I like Matsuzaka, but until he makes one more good start, he hasn't done much. I wish I didn't have to say these about my beloved bluebirds.
Don't buy into it yet. The Jays batters have been swinging wiffle bats for the last few days. No one except Bautista can take a pitch either, which is perfect for Matsuzaka's inability to throw strikes consistently.I like Matsuzaka, but until he makes one more good start, he hasn't done much. I wish I didn't have to say these about my beloved bluebirds.
Alright, that's two. Now we might have something.

Yeah, I didn't really believe in him myself until today. 8 innings, 1 hit. Astonishing and amazing. In his last 2 starts combined he's given up 2 hits and 4 walks and no runs in 15 innings. I think his plan this season was to make every sports writer and radio commentator in Boston look like a fool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah we've been winning like motherfuckers after that awful start.We beat Cleveland 14-2 yesterday and beat Detroit 14-1 today. Our pitching has been pretty great since about April 10, Adrian Gonzalez has been almost exactly as good as everybody hoped, Jon Lester is 7-1 with a 3.36, and Josh Beckett is 4-1 with a 1.69. Carl Crawford has struggled like hell but he's 8 for his last 9 with 2 doubles, 2 triples, and a home run. Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Except Pedroia hasn't been great (just good). Hope his foot isn't bothering him.
I don't think it is. He's been stellar defensively, and I would expect a hurt-foot to slow him down there. But he's been...stellar. I posted some Pedroia defensive highlights in the 'Which fan is best' thread actually.
  • 2 weeks later...
Mrdanny and Tim... congrats on your Sox returning to form.
Danny is a Blue Jays fan :club:. He does seem to have a certain affinity for dem Red Sox though.
Danny is a Blue Jays fan :club:. He does seem to have a certain affinity for dem Red Sox though.
Fantasy Baseball does strange things to people.
Fantasy Baseball does strange things to people.
This. Last year I had Red Sox pitching and Pedroia in our pool. This year I dropped the pitching but have Adrian Gonzalez and Youkilis to go with Pedey.I am a Jays fan, though I prefer the Red Sox to the Yankees, and Boston is a great city. But yeah, its really just about fantasy baseball.
This. Last year I had Red Sox pitching and Pedroia in our pool. This year I dropped the pitching but have Adrian Gonzalez and Youkilis to go with Pedey.I am a Jays fan, though I prefer the Red Sox to the Yankees, and Boston is a great city. But yeah, its really just about fantasy baseball.
I prefer __(insert any team here)___ to the Yankees.
  • 2 weeks later...
This year I dropped the pitching but have Adrian Gonzalez and Youkilis to go with Pedey.
Well, at least Gonzo is working out well for you, and Pedroia has been heating up a little. They're certainly giving you a good day today (so far they're a combined 4 for 8 with 2 hrs and 5 rbi).
Well, at least Gonzo is working out well for you, and Pedroia has been heating up a little. They're certainly giving you a good day today (so far they're a combined 4 for 8 with 2 hrs and 5 rbi).
Solid weekend from my boys. Gonzalez is going nuts of course - should be a top 3 1B in Boston, but he is really taking advantage so far with lots of doubles. Youkilis is walking plenty - striking out too often, but if the rest of the season is like May-June I'll take a rough April. Pedey has normalized his K/BB, so I trust his his power/speed will come through.I have all of these guys signed through 2015, with about half my team's total budget (26-man rosters)....so I have a lot invested : )