***official Boston Red Sox Thread***

Nice to see Wake getting his first win. 6 IP, 1 run, unearned. Especially nasty in the 6th inning, started with a double, then a single putting runners on the corners. Then he struck out the side swinging.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All sorts of reports flying around about Coco Crisp. Either:a.) he jammed his finger and will play on Tuesdayb.) he broke his knuckle and will be out ~4 weeksc.) he broke his finger and is out 6-8 weeksObviously this is a disappointment and like Manny breaking his finger sliding into home a couple years ago, this was completely avoidable. Assuming he'll be out for a while, this probably means Adam Stern won't be sent down to Pawtucket once his rule V time is up. He'll likely see the bulk of the action, sharing time with Wily Mo and either Dustin Mohr/Willie Harris, though my guess is Mohr. On the bright side, Stern did look good today and he is the Canadian Babe Ruth after all...Edit: Willie Harris is not a good idea.

All sorts of reports flying around about Coco Crisp. Either:a.) he jammed his finger and will play on Tuesdayb.) he broke his knuckle and will be out ~4 weeksc.) he broke his finger and is out 6-8 weeksObviously this is a disappointment and like Manny breaking his finger sliding into home a couple years ago, this was completely avoidable. Assuming he'll be out for a while, this probably means Adam Stern won't be sent down to Pawtucket once his rule V time is up. He'll likely see the bulk of the action, sharing time with Wily Mo and either Dustin Mohr/Willie Harris, though my guess is Mohr. On the bright side, Stern did look good today and he is the Canadian Babe Ruth after all...
Any definite reports?? I mean..I haven't even heard of this...when/how did it happen? This would definitely be a big blow if he broke his finger and was out for 6 weeks.

Wow that is terrible news, if true. All I heard was that he jammed his finger and was taking the afternoon off. I would guess Stern would get most of the playing time, since Pena doesn't play CF (as far as I know), and lord knows neither Trot nor Manny could be moved there either.

Any definite reports?? I mean..I haven't even heard of this...when/how did it happen? This would definitely be a big blow if he broke his finger and was out for 6 weeks.
No definite reports that I know of. It's a bit of a surprise because he didn't even come out of the game after he jammed his finger. He even took fielding practice before the game today. It happened early in the game on Saturday when he tried stealing third. Bruce Chen saw him take off and threw to third. Coco made this godawful tumble and that's when he did it.
Bah. Well, on the bright side, it really doesn't cost us more than a fraction of a win, and taking variance into account, we could be better off without him. Way to kill the momentum though. Season was going quite smoothly until this crap.

Beckett had a rough first but has settled down. Stern's looking great.Lowell has two doubles.Trot Nixon may be hurt.And the Sox just turned one of the coolest double plays I have ever seen.

Heh...Bronson Arroyo hit another home run. That's 2....about as many pitches as Wily Mo Pena has not swung at this year. Trot's got a mild groin strain or something. Doesn't seem serious. He wasn't going to be playing tomorrow anyway.

Heh...Bronson Arroyo hit another home run. That's 2....about as many pitches as Wily Mo Pena has not swung at this year.
A pitcher who can hit homeruns? Dammit put that guy in left field!!! Ever heard of Babe Ruth?Nice game for Lowell, 3 for 3 so far in front of the new crowd. I can't see the games out here in NY, just have radio. Who threw out the first pitch?
A pitcher who can hit homeruns? Dammit put that guy in left field!!! Ever heard of Babe Ruth?Nice game for Lowell, 3 for 3 so far in front of the new crowd. I can't see the games out here in NY, just have radio. Who threw out the first pitch?
My attention was divided at that moment. They brought out living members of the 1946 team, so probably one or all of them. I tried not to watch the opening ceremonies...between the old people and the kid with cancer there was too much death looming for my tastes. And how about shortstop. Manny can hit, but Gonzalez...

An open letter to Wily Mo Pena:Dear Wily Mo,TAKE A ****ING PITCH!Sincerely,MDXSOh god....Wily Mo just played a fly out into a home run. He's a little further away that I thought.

How about that Mike Lowell??? He is LOVING Fenway.
I'll bet. Good things happen when you move a righthanded pull hitter from a pitcher's park to a hitter's park with a short fence in left. No doubt in my mind that he can exceed Millar's numbers by a substantial margin. Heh...Papelbon's so good. 3 pitches and the K to Overbay.

"After today’s missed catch, Pena made back-to-back plays on fly balls to end the inning, prompting a mock cheer from the sellout crowd. Pena didn’t get the sarcasm.“That was incredible,” he said. “It gave like more energy to me. They’re happy here, whatever you do.”Um, Wily ..." - Eric Wilbur

"After today’s missed catch, Pena made back-to-back plays on fly balls to end the inning, prompting a mock cheer from the sellout crowd. Pena didn’t get the sarcasm.“That was incredible,” he said. “It gave like more energy to me. They’re happy here, whatever you do.”Um, Wily ..." - Eric Wilbur
haha
Well, whatever. As long as he takes it positively....which is the only thing he's taking these days. Heh...that's really funny though.
I have a feeling Wells is gonna pitch an absolute stinker tonight. Hope I'm wrong.
Yeah...I'm not confident about this one. He was our best starter last year, but I almost hate to see him back in the rotation. Hopefully he's either good again, or so bad we take him under the bleachers and shoot him in the back of the head, make Papelbon the fifth starter, and open up a spot in the bullpen for Hansen.
Wells line tonight:6 IP, 6 H, 0 BB, 4 K, 2 ER
Remember what happened the last time we got into a pitching line prediction contest with Koop? As such, I refuse to participate.