***official Boston Red Sox Thread***

Nomah's back at Fenway!
That was a great ovation, I was actually in Boston for that (not at the stadium mind you, a few blocks away at a bar) and could swear I could hear the crowd noise. Just was so cool to see Nomar really touched by it.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woot I'll be at the game tomorrow.
Nice, I'll be in town this weekend too so I can at least see the games on tv. Too bad you're not there tonight, you could see Wakey go for his 11th win.

And the Sox score 4 to put Wakefield in line for the win. He's gone 6 innings so far with 1 run allowed.And.....I don't want to jinx it, but I think we can all agree that Big Papi is motherfucking back. For awhile there it seemed like he might have really just lost it - not that he would never hit another home run, but just that he was not the same player he had been in the past. But, now he is that player again!

So am I making this up, or is it starting to look more and more likely that we will not re-sign Papelbon but will instead have Bard be our closer next season? Faced 4 hitters tonight and got them all out, 3 strikeouts.

So am I making this up, or is it starting to look more and more likely that we will not re-sign Papelbon but will instead have Bard be our closer next season? Faced 4 hitters tonight and got them all out, 3 strikeouts.
yeah I think we were talking about this while you were up but he is going to want a 20 million + contract and with Bard back there it is going to be tough. Also I think they need to go get a short stop eventually which isn't cheap.You never know though he if shuts everyone down all through the playoffs or something they might just pay them. It isn't like Fenway hasn't been sold out.
yeah I think we were talking about this while you were up but he is going to want a 20 million + contract and with Bard back there it is going to be tough. Also I think they need to go get a short stop eventually which isn't cheap.You never know though he if shuts everyone down all through the playoffs or something they might just pay them. It isn't like Fenway hasn't been sold out.

Nice triple post, you donkey!Wakefield to DL, Buccholz recalledWake has a lower back strain, and is on the DL retroactive to July 18 :club:. I mean obviously I'm excited for Clay to get a few more starts and give himself a chance to become a permanent member of the rotation, but I just wish he was replacing Smoltz or Penny obviously.

• 2 weeks later...

So, uh, Papi took roids, we got Victor Martinez, he got FIVE hits today, uh...Daniel Bard, uh, Josh Reddick, Josh Beckett, almost back in first place, um, where is everybody!?P.S. Friggin Ellsbury! Catch more home runs please.

I have to ask Red Sox fans something.When Bonds came to fenway 3 or 4 years ago he was chasing the HR record and it was at the height of the roid situation in baseball. You guys really grilled him. Cheater signs and many others like that. But when Ortiz gets caught doing the EXACT same thing, you guys support him, where you boo'd bonds for roiding. I just want to get your reasoning.

I have to ask Red Sox fans something.When Bonds came to fenway 3 or 4 years ago he was chasing the HR record and it was at the height of the roid situation in baseball. You guys really grilled him. Cheater signs and many others like that. But when Ortiz gets caught doing the EXACT same thing, you guys support him, where you boo'd bonds for roiding. I just want to get your reasoning.
Bonds was on the team of one of our opponents? People cheer for the uniform, so when a player wearing that uniform does something disrespectful or worse, people try to rationalize it. If he's a poor player or if he's done something really bad he'll get run out of town pretty quickly. Basically, Bonds got booed because people don't like him. He's rude, he's arrogant (at least that is how he comes across, and why people dislike him), and like everyone else he used steroids. People probably latch onto the steroids for 2 main reasons with him: First is that it's a great thing to make fun of him for, and it's always fun to make fun of your opponents' best player. Second he has the most homeruns ever, so he's not just some other roider. He represents how skewed the recent statistics have been by steroids, and the idea of him unseating Hank Aaron offends some people.Also I'm not entirely sure Ortiz didn't/won't get booed. They announced it at like 12:30 pm last week and the Sox played a 1:00 game at Fenway that day, and have been on the road since then. So probably very few people in the stands were aware of the story during that game.
I hate Barry Bonds because he left the all star game before it was over, and the many other stupid things he has done.People did steroids, lots of people I would say 60-80% of players, and you would have too.Anyway I am glad to see that the red sox have gotten younger and injected some new life into there beaten up rotation. It is going to be interesting to see what the expanded rooster is going to look like.
I hate Barry Bonds because he left the all star game before it was over, and the many other stupid things he has done.People did steroids, lots of people I would say 60-80% of players, and you would have too.Anyway I am glad to see that the red sox have gotten younger and injected some new life into there beaten up rotation. It is going to be interesting to see what the expanded rooster is going to look like.
[Crickets]
Ahh, I thought it was locusts picking at the carcass of what was once our season. Seriously though, everything was smooth sailing until TW went on the dl. Come back Timmmay!

LOL at Yuke. A bear hug? What a puss. Throwing the helmet was bush league as well. Charging the mound is cool with me but that was pathetic. Oh well, makes me like the rookie more. Might get me a Porcello jersey.

LOL at Yuke. A bear hug? What a puss. Throwing the helmet was bush league as well. Charging the mound is cool with me but that was pathetic. Oh well, makes me like the rookie more. Might get me a Porcello jersey.
I only saw the replay but it seemed more like the pitcher backed away from Youkilis, who charged him down and tackled him. It wasn't like Porcello just stood there and Youk went up and gave him a big hug. Also, and more importantly some might say, Porcello managed to get himself ejected in the 2nd inning. Nice outing. Also, nice loss, Tigers.
I only saw the replay but it seemed more like the pitcher backed away from Youkilis, who charged him down and tackled him. It wasn't like Porcello just stood there and Youk went up and gave him a big hug. Also, and more importantly some might say, Porcello managed to get himself ejected in the 2nd inning. Nice outing. Also, nice loss, Tigers.
No, this didn't happen.The pitcher backed away to avoid the helmet Youk was wielding, and Porcello threw him down.
No, this didn't happen.The pitcher backed away to avoid the helmet Youk was wielding, and Porcello threw him down.
I don't care if Youk gets down on his knees and pretends to suck your pitcher's dick, if it gets him (your pitcher) ejected in the 2nd inning.