***official Boston Red Sox Thread***

Hiya I am really excited about this team I think they are going to do great things. The lineup combined with the bull pen.Also I think that we are finally seeing the real big Papi.Big question who goes to make room for smoltz?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya I am really excited about this team I think they are going to do great things. The lineup combined with the bull pen.Also I think that we are finally seeing the real big Papi.Big question who goes to make room for smoltz?
Francona said it'll be a 6 man rotation for a while.
Francona said it'll be a 6 man rotation for a while.
I heard that but there is no way that they are going to stick with that for more than a week or two imho. I mean I think Francona wants Smoltz to start a two or three games before he makes a decision but there is no way that they are going to stick with that till the all star break.
I heard that but there is no way that they are going to stick with that for more than a week or two imho. I mean I think Francona wants Smoltz to start a two or three games before he makes a decision but there is no way that they are going to stick with that till the all star break.
Yeah, well Daisuke might be subject to a move somewhere if he doesn't get it together after a while. I dunno, just such a log jam with all the pitching, not really a bad thing at all. The bullpen has been one of the best I've ever seen, and with Buchholz just destroying AAA and waiting to get his turn, it can be tricky.
fypI don't want him in the bullpen.I don't know if you can DL somebody for ineffectiveness, but they could probably just call it a tired arm again or something.
shoulder weakness

Bob Ryan on Dice-K:http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/reds..._doesnt_add_up/"The issue before us as Dice-K begins his open-ended stay in the Japanese Pitcher Witness Protection Program, otherwise known as the disabled list, is whether the bigger story is his almost complete collapse or that his absence is actually a blessing as the Red Sox attempt to seize control of both the division and the entire American League."

I would like to go on record as saying that I think Dice-K will return to his best form at some point, either late this year (if he gets an opportunity to return) or at the start of next year. I think he will at some point be even better than the best he's showed us so far. He can still be a 20 game winner with an ERA under 3, imo. Just keep him the hell away from any future WBCs.Unrelated...wouldn't it be great if we had a Red Sox/Dodgers WS? I think it would be good for baseball and it would have pretty high ratings all over the country.

How often do you see two batters in a lineup getting 4 hits each? Well it's certainly nice to see when it's your team. Ellsbury 4 for 4 with two triples, Bay 4 for 6 with a homerun.

So Wakey snagged win # 10 with 6 shutout innings, 3 hits, 1 walk. And when he makes his next start, he will become the sole owner of the 'most games started as a Red Sock' record.

Well, we made up for it today! Weird 2 games. I had a dream last night, and in it the Sox were playing a game against some team and were winning 40-0. Literally. I was with a girl in the dream (that's how I knew it was a dream! diss! ouch :club:) and I was trying to explain how 40-0 was unfathomable, and then the final score ended up like 56-12. Weird dream.

Well, we made up for it today! Weird 2 games. I had a dream last night, and in it the Sox were playing a game against some team and were winning 40-0. Literally. I was with a girl in the dream (that's how I knew it was a dream! diss! ouch :club: ) and I was trying to explain how 40-0 was unfathomable, and then the final score ended up like 56-12. Weird dream.
I've had sports dreams where crazy stuff happened. Mostly about the Patriots though. I literally had nightmares after the game that shall not be spoken of. I also had dreams in which they won that game.

Did anyone listen to Sean (shawn i forget which) Casey do color comentary? I think he was pretty darn good all things considered. I like Eck but Dave Roberts is pretty bad. Really I miss Remy but I have a feeling he isn't going to be back till at least the playoffs. Anywho... crazy games lately. The Mariners showing whats up. I am glad Ken Griffey is going to retire as a Mariner. Ashame he couldn't stay healthy.

Did anyone listen to Sean (shawn i forget which) Casey do color comentary? I think he was pretty darn good all things considered. I like Eck but Dave Roberts is pretty bad. Really I miss Remy but I have a feeling he isn't going to be back till at least the playoffs. Anywho... crazy games lately. The Mariners showing whats up. I am glad Ken Griffey is going to retire as a Mariner. Ashame he couldn't stay healthy.
I agree with all of this, except I would like to add more praise to Casey. He's been great the last two games I've listened to, and him and Orsillo get along great. Roberts tries, but he really just isn't that interesting. Casey just dropped a Phil Nevin reference, and that's more than enough for me to approve him.
That's what's up! He's gotta be the oldest player to be a first-time all-star, right?
Satchel Paige was 46 in his first all star game. Still impressive tho.
Satchel Paige was 46 in his first all star game. Still impressive tho.
Ahhh how could I forget Satchel.Nice story on Wakefield in today's globe:http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/reds...or_the_red_sox/"He is also the first knuckleball pitcher to be an All-Star since Charlie Hough in 1986.Perhaps there’s a reason. In that appearance Hough was reached for two hits and the only two runs given up by the victorious AL in his 1 2/3 innings of work. Hough also had a wild pitch and Rich Gedman was charged with a passed ball.“Means the knuckleball was working,’’ shrugs Wakefield."