***official Boston Red Sox Thread***

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty crazy that 21-12 isn't division leading. Oh well, just gotta keep winning, starting tonight with Timmy Wake. Been our best starter, keep it up man.

Pretty crazy that 21-12 isn't division leading. Oh well, just gotta keep winning, starting tonight with Timmy Wake. Been our best starter, keep it up man.
It's pretty crazy that they're 21-12 and have the worst starting pitching in the league so far.
You are behind the Jays..And you will stay behind the Jays..BRING IT
I think we should flip the starters and the bullpen.Starting rotation:PapelbonRamirezDelcarmenOkajimaBardWakefield can close.
Is Bard projected to be a starter? I knew surprisingly little about him until last week. Also, can we please start winning games again?

geee, my favorite ball park in the league. Especially where the Jays love to do some hitting.I Have been to some great Jay matches in Boston the most memorable had to be when the Jays where down 10 zip and came back to win beating the sox in extra innings it was awesome. One of the best weekends in Boston, that was the same year we lost out on the 85 American finals to Kansas.any ways Go Jayslogo_torontobluejays.gif

OMFG Big Papi hit a homerun. Yayyyyy! Now if he can just hit 4 or 5 more this weekend I think we'll all feel a lot better about things. :icon_confused:Oh, and lol @ YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK going 3 for 5 in his first game back off the dl.

Oh, and lol @ YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK going 3 for 5 in his first game back off the dl.
How dead sexy is that guy?!I still think JBay has enough staying power in my #1 slot though.

Lined down the right field line hooking toward the corner, BRUNANSKY!I miss Sean McDonough. I love me some Orsillo (and to my ear they have a very similar voice and style, especially when excited), but I still miss McDonough.By the way, mlb.com has a lot of pretty cool classic videos like that one. They don't really seem to be organized anywhere, but if you search for like 'baseball's best moments' or 'classics' in that video search bar you get some good ones.Their daily recaps and highlights are pretty good too, especially for those of us who listen to a lot more games than we get to watch.

Wooo go Sox!Apparently Ortiz is getting his eyes examined, which is how they would fix a slump in a children's movie. :club:
Tigers just handed us that game, bit fortunate, but a sweep is always sweet, and realistically what we needed.

So I'm assuming Penny will be out of the rotation when Smoltz is ready, right? So then Penny would go to the bullpen and Bard goes back down? I don't really like that. There isn't anyone in the bullpen right now that I'd want to replace with Penny.I'm very happy to see Beckett really rolling now. If the starting pitching starts performing close to expectation it'll take pressure off of other things. Regarding the Papi issue: I think we have to give him more time, and no matter what happens I don't want to see us trade any prospects for a bat unless its a really great deal. If Papi doesn't hit I think the answer is to start using Baldelli more both at DH and RF, and when he's in RF Drew can DH and get the rest that he needs. Papi should play every day until the all-star break, and if he's still the same by then we should cut him back to 2 or 3 games a week. We're still not sure if Baldelli can play every day so that'll give Papi an opportunity to keep getting some at-bats in the 2nd half and figure it out...even if it's unlikely that he will.Of course if we start falling behind and are in danger of not making the playoffs something more drastic may have to happen.

So I'm assuming Penny will be out of the rotation when Smoltz is ready, right? So then Penny would go to the bullpen and Bard goes back down? I don't really like that. There isn't anyone in the bullpen right now that I'd want to replace with Penny.I'm very happy to see Beckett really rolling now. If the starting pitching starts performing close to expectation it'll take pressure off of other things. Regarding the Papi issue: I think we have to give him more time, and no matter what happens I don't want to see us trade any prospects for a bat unless its a really great deal. If Papi doesn't hit I think the answer is to start using Baldelli more both at DH and RF, and when he's in RF Drew can DH and get the rest that he needs. Papi should play every day until the all-star break, and if he's still the same by then we should cut him back to 2 or 3 games a week. We're still not sure if Baldelli can play every day so that'll give Papi an opportunity to keep getting some at-bats in the 2nd half and figure it out...even if it's unlikely that he will.Of course if we start falling behind and are in danger of not making the playoffs something more drastic may have to happen.
Penny has been pretty solid lately though, so it'll be interesting to see what happens. Definitely huge to see Beckett pitching like he used to. I agree with you about Papi. Thankfully Bay has really stepped in to fill that slugger role, and Varitek is no longer an automatic out.

Wow Jon Lester was outstanding, pitching literally perfectly for 6.1 innings. And Ortiz went 2 for 3 with a home run. Now THAT is a good win.

Ortiz hit another homer, and Wakefield improved to NINE and three. Wooohoo! Remember when you donks wanted him to be long relief this season? PIZZZZOWNED!!1