***official Boston Red Sox Thread***

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys....what's up? I'm digging the team. Lotsa depth. Tonsa bullpen.
Yo! I was honest to god gonna pm you earlier today and be all 'It's baseball season, where you at?' but then my internet broke and now here you are. Sup!Seven straight now!
Yo! I was honest to god gonna pm you earlier today and be all 'It's baseball season, where you at?' but then my internet broke and now here you are. Sup!Seven straight now!
Huh...perhaps beaming it out psychically was enough. Such a thing could be profitable at Foxwoods. We should investigate further.I think I've absent mostly because of work. It's been pretty crazy. They keep sending me to Kentucky right near Ohio. I'll be there all next week, so I'll be disappearing again. The good thing is that I'm going to catch a million Reds games by the time it's all over. I already caught them against the Mets. It's weird to walk up to the ticket office on game day and get my choice of seats for dirt cheap. Of course, I had to spend hours watching Mike Pelfrey fail to find the plate...Anyway, Yankees coming up. I wish it were in their empty mystique and aura-filled joke of a bandbox they got going right now.

YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKinside_the_park_homer.jpgNote: that isn't a photo from tonight's game. It is actually from Kevin Youkilis' now-defunct blog, which apparently exists. YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUK!!!Oh, and Jacoby Ellsbury, nice goddam job going from second to home on a passed ball, again. He did that in one of his first games in the majors, because the ball took a funny hop. This time he was stealing third and took home when the ball went to the backstop. Molina shoulda just sat there and caught the ball. Ellsbury had 3rd easy.

YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKNote: that isn't a photo from tonight's game. It is actually from Kevin Youkilis' now-defunct blog, which apparently exists. YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUK!!!Oh, and Jacoby Ellsbury, nice goddam job going from second to home on a passed ball, again. He did that in one of his first games in the majors, because the ball took a funny hop. This time he was stealing third and took home when the ball went to the backstop. Molina shoulda just sat there and caught the ball. Ellsbury had 3rd easy.
Great game. Youkilis cannot be stopped. I really didn't think he'd be able to be BETTER than last year. He's been improving at a high rate for 3 straight years, I just can't believe that he's possibly the best hitter in the AL right now.

Thank God Nick Green is hitting, otherwise he'd be looking a lot like Julio Lugo with the bat and with the glove.This post was going to be a "Eff can we hit into any more double plays in a game?!" type of thing. Game really shouldn't have been into extras. Jacoby and J.D. hit into some killer ones. Burnett vs. Beckett today, I'm just salivating at the prospect of that matchup.

Burnett vs. Beckett today, I'm just salivating at the prospect of that matchup.
Well, they did match each other...5 innings, 8 runs (each), all earned. Another great win though!1__1240714492_6232.jpg

"The last time a Red Sox player had a pure steal of home such as the one pulled off by Ellsbury was Billy Hatcher on April 22, 1994."BAM! That was so friggin awesome.7883cb70-1da3-4b68-a9f7-40f43e274a18.jpg

10 game winning streak and you are STILL behind the mighty Jays.Looking forward to smashing you guys shortly.

10 game winning streak and you are STILL behind the mighty Jays.Looking forward to smashing you guys shortly.
Get back to me after you sweep the Yankees. :club: :icon_dance:These were really some of the most exciting regular season games of the last few years, and all three in one weekend! Friday Bay ties the game off friggin Mariano Rivera with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th with a shocking 2-run homer, and then Youk wins it a few innings later. Saturday the Sox come back from 6-0 and then make another late comeback to win a slugfest. Sunday Jacoby Ellsbury steals home plate in a one-run game. Just outstanding. And I didn't even get to see the game on Saturday!Globe -
Ellsbury, who said he last stole home before college, was going to slide feet first, but stumbled and then quickly decided to go head-first, which normally he doesn't prefer. After he scored Ellsbury said, "I was fired up. I usually don't show that type of emotion. The guys were fired up and it was pretty exciting for me."Ellsbury said the toughest part was "getting the courage to go. I guess in that situation, bases loaded, you've got to make it. It could be one of the worst base running mistakes if you don't make it, but I was pretty confident that I could get in there and make it so that's why I went."
10 game winning streak and you are STILL behind the mighty Jays.
11 game winning streak and now we're tied, although the Sox are technically ahead on winning %. And even though Tim Wakefield probably doesn't read this thread, I think he's settled the issue of whether or not he's in the rotation with his third straight outstanding start, bringing his season ERA to 1.86. Wakefield 7.0 1 0 0 4 5He's given up 16 hits in 29 innings, with 12 walks. Walks aren't that much of an issue though when he's pitching like he is now - they're just something that comes with the territory when the knuckleball has a lot of movement. But..he gave up 1 hit through 7 yesterday, after going 7.1 no-hit innings 2 starts ago. I'm just talking him up cuz he will inevitably even out at some point, so it's best to enjoy it while I can.Oh, and he hasn't given up a homerun yet. How retarded is that?

So I was thinking about Ellsbury's steal and wondering how it sounded on WEEI, and mlb.com was nice enough to oblige and sync it up with the video. http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/media/video.j...tent_id=4317185It's actually pretty interesting, in that Castiglione clearly had his eye on Ellsbury before he went.EDIT: On second listen, the clip is sort of a mash-up of the radio announcers (and some from cbs), so it's possible that there is a bit missing at the beginning. It's awesome either way. "A straight steal of home! A rarity in Red Sox annals!" <3

so quite in here*crickets*
Seriously, where is everybody except me? Dave Roberts is set to make his NESN debut tonight if this game ever gets going.

The game finally started, and it's a good start. 2-0 Sox in the 2nd, and Lester friggin struck out Damon, Jeter, and Texeira in the first.

Bit of a weird game/night yesterday, but that JBay can still mash it, damn he is awesome.
Yeah him and Lowell are totally on fire. Yoooooooouuuuuuuk too obviously, but Bay and Lowell have really helped carry us so far.

Joba needs a beating. He must use his mothers face as a target when throwing fastballs in off season.amd_mom.jpgI guess if that were my mother and she was just arrested for selling meth I'd be mad at the world and want to hit people too.

Now that's what I'm talkin about (12-run 6th-inning)! Get Timmy that fuggin W!Note: I made this post when it was a 7-run inning, and have updated it at 9 and 12. Let's see how many they can get..And this is with a lineup of LugoPedroiaBayLowellBaldelliDrewBaileyGreenKottaras