***official Boston Red Sox Thread***

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sox win by at least 7 tomorrow. Book it.
Man, I hope so. If you're going to pull out the game where you were 99.4% to lose, you might as well finish the job....even if it does give the Rays all sorts of focus and determination for next year.
Lester looks so good, though just the Rays hanging around worries me. In my best dream Jon goes 7. Oki goes 2/3 and Pap goes 1 1/3 to seal it.
Garza settled down very well...still just the one hit given up.This Aybar double is huge.
I bet Garza doesn't even make it out of the 3rd. BoSox 11Rays 3That's my prediction.
I blame you for this. When I first saw this post right after you made it I didn't like it, but I didn't say anything.I didn't know that it would feel so bad. I thought it was in the bag after 3 innings the with the way Lester was pitching.I want Coco Crisp gone. That was inexcusable.I didn't know that it would feel so bad. This has been a great decade for Boston/New England sports fans. We've had more than our share of championships, but we're still getting more than our share of heartbreak.
I blame you for this. When I first saw this post right after you made it I didn't like it, but I didn't say anything.I didn't know that it would feel so bad. I thought it was in the bag after 3 innings the with the way Lester was pitching.I want Coco Crisp gone. That was inexcusable.I didn't know that it would feel so bad. This has been a great decade for Boston/New England sports fans. We've had more than our share of championships, but we're still getting more than our share of heartbreak.
Uhhh..what?? I don't agree with that part. I'll trade my Royals teams from 2000 onward for your "heartbreak" even without all the WS titles. Come on............

Heartbreak's a little over the top. We were beat by a good team. Still a successful year. Won a playoff series, almost won a second after an improbable turnaround. It was fun. Let's do it again next year.....really kick up a Rays-Sox rivalry into high gear.

lol where is the violin? Combine the Patriots, Celtics, Red Sox championships since 2001 and that equals seven.
lol where is the violin? Combine the Patriots, Celtics, Red Sox championships since 2001 and that equals seven.
I think it's 6, but yeah we've had a lot of good fortune and it's been a great decade. In fact it's been a dream come true. But forgetting about the championships for a minute, consider these moments:The '03 ALCS where the Red Sox had the lead late in game 7 was extremely painful. If only Grady little had taken Pedro out a little earlier at the time when everybody though he should have. The 2006 AFC Championship game in which the Patriots had a big lead vs the Colts was extremely painful. Last years superbowl was obviously soul crushing. I've never felt so bad because of a sporting event. Losing Brady in the first game of this season pretty much killing the Patriots chances to redeem themselves was extremely painful. Last night they did get beat by a better team (if the Red Sox were as healthy as TB it might be different), but it still hurt. If they would have lost in game 5 it wouldn't have hurt as much. If game 7 would have been a blowout it wouldn't have hurt so much. If Coco had only slid into the base instead of trying to take out the 2nd baseman. If Ortiz wasn't a shell of his former self. If we could have had just one timely hit...that's why it hurts so much.
I think it's 6, but yeah we've had a lot of good fortune and it's been a great decade. In fact it's been a dream come true. But forgetting about the championships for a minute, consider these moments:
You forgot:2002 - Patriots get handed the AFC divisional playoff game vs the Raiders via the 'tuck rule'. Dynasty born soon after...
I think it's 6, but yeah we've had a lot of good fortune and it's been a great decade. In fact it's been a dream come true. But forgetting about the championships for a minute, consider these moments:The '03 ALCS where the Red Sox had the lead late in game 7 was extremely painful. If only Grady little had taken Pedro out a little earlier at the time when everybody though he should have. The 2006 AFC Championship game in which the Patriots had a big lead vs the Colts was extremely painful. Last years superbowl was obviously soul crushing. I've never felt so bad because of a sporting event. Losing Brady in the first game of this season pretty much killing the Patriots chances to redeem themselves was extremely painful. Last night they did get beat by a better team (if the Red Sox were as healthy as TB it might be different), but it still hurt. If they would have lost in game 5 it wouldn't have hurt as much. If game 7 would have been a blowout it wouldn't have hurt so much. If Coco had only slid into the base instead of trying to take out the 2nd baseman. If Ortiz wasn't a shell of his former self. If we could have had just one timely hit...that's why it hurts so much.
never making the playoffs or the superbowl is true misfortune. you're like an old lady with a virginia ham under each arm crying becuase she doesnt have any bread.
never making the playoffs or the superbowl is true misfortune. your like an old lady with a virginia ham under each arm crying becuase she doesnt have any bread.
I'm not crying, overall I'm still extremely happy. I'm just defending my previous statement.