***official Boston Red Sox Thread***

That better not be one of those plays remembered forever.
Tribes third base coach obviously felt bad for him, so he gave us one back by holding Loften. Nuts.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so fking gross
It really is. To be fair though, that wall gets hit all the time and a lot of the time it bounces right to the shortstop when he backs up a few steps. I'll have to see it again.

Bad shoulder causes Red Sox to leave Wakefield off roster--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Associated PressBOSTON -- Knuckleballer Tim Wakefield is being left off Boston's roster for the World Series because of a bad shoulder.The 41-year-old Wakefield fought through back problems late in the season and was kept off the roster for the first-round series against the Los Angeles Angels. He has pitched once since Sept. 29, allowing five runs in 4 2/3 innings in Game 4 of the AL Championship Series against the Cleveland Indians.Wakefield was 17-12 with a 4.76 ERA in the regular season.Also Tuesday, Red Sox manager Terry Francona said Jacoby Ellsbury would start Game 1 in center field in place of Coco Crisp.Crisp struggled in the playoffs and was replaced in the lineup for Games 6 and 7 against Cleveland, and he also banged into the wall catching the final out of the ALCS.

There's a great chance that we head to Colorado up 2-0. The pitching matchup is quite unfavorable for the Rockies. A rookie who walks a lot of guys, who averages 5 1/3 innings per start working in front of a not-so-fresh bullpen facing an extremely hot, patient, and experienced line-up in Fenway is not quite what you want in this situation if you're Colorado...

god ****ing damnit....if Poppy Hillis asks, I died...i cant send him the $50, or whatever we bet*check sig*oh, it was only $25.....sweet, still, im dead
Yikes...and he didn't lay you any odds?

Did anyone else feel the meltdown coming as soon as you saw Timlin?Has it not been obvious that he has been done forever?jfc wtf

Timlin has had a pretty decent season/post-season, no? And they haven't exactly melted down yet.
His stats, are *ok*, the thing you don't see in the stats is: 1) he can't come in with runners on base, and 2) he's been brought into so many games in the last two or three years that are tied or where they are down by one run, and he immediately gives up a few more to put the game out of reach.He's done. I'd rather take the chance with anyone else myself. Gagne excluded of course.I immediately felt sick when Timlin came in. I love the guy, he's done a lot for the ballclub and has put every ounce of his heart into it, but he's done.

Play of the game:1193535838_2603.jpgAfter Matsui's single (reached 2nd on an error), it was a great play by Matsuzaka to field the ball and have the presence of mind to look to 2nd, and then to catch Matsui in a rundown and keep the game scoreless.

:club: So depressed......so very, very depressed :D Congrats Red Sox, this thing is over with. *sigh*
Not over yet. If the Rockies can win 20 of 21, they can win four in a row. Win or lose, they had a hell of a run and will be a fun team to watch for a few years at least.
Not over yet. If the Rockies can win 20 of 21, they can win four in a row. Win or lose, they had a hell of a run and will be a fun team to watch for a few years at least.
its doneterrific run by the Rockies though, great young team thats going to keep getting betteredit:just noticed we live in the same town, i shouldve just yelled out the window to say this.