***official Boston Red Sox Thread***

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Wicked pissa, an official Red Sox thread! Pennant Fever Gribs Hub!Glad I wandered out of general/fcp room :Pps. TimWakefield, can we have the dancing krablar redsox pitcher avatar back please : :club:

ps. TimWakefield, can we have the dancing krablar redsox pitcher avatar back please : :club:
It'll probably make a comeback at some point. What, you don't like hot girls surrounded by marijuana??
It'll probably make a comeback at some point. What, you don't like hot girls surrounded by marijuana??
lol nope, don't care for either :PBut, hey Wake looked good the other day in spring training.

Watching my first spring training game of the season on NESN right now. God I love baseball. Its just so refreshing when you see it for the first time again every year.I'm really excited about this season. Well I'm excited about every season when it starts, but this year should be better than last year. The Red Sox are definitely one of the top 5 teams in all of MLB and are WS condenders. The only queston is the bullpen but I think it will get worked out somehow.Oh and how about Sheffield saying Boston was his first choice? I never would have thought he would want to come here. I've always hated the guy, especially since he went to NY, and I thought the feeling was mutual.

Oh and how about Sheffield saying Boston was his first choice? I never would have thought he would want to come here. I've always hated the guy, especially since he went to NY, and I thought the feeling was mutual.
Do have a link on this? I'd love to read about it. Last I heard, he'd never ever want to go to Boston....under any circumstances...Ah well....looking forward to this year. High median for performance....high variance. Let's hope that unlike last year we hit some of the positive variance.Bullpen is an absolute mess, but the rotation's looking quite strong and the offense should be good...complete with a strong bench.
hey, that'll get you a chat ban on Stars ! :PBlueJays fan I assume?
Yup, and I'll take the Yanks over the Sox everyday. AIDS FOR BIG PAPI ONE TIME.
God I love baseball. Its just so refreshing when you see it for the first time again every year.
:D Absolutely!
tx for bringing back the dancing krablar guy, now move him back to the avatar! :D hee hee
Yup, and I'll take the Yanks over the Sox everyday. AIDS FOR BIG PAPI ONE TIME.
Blasphemer!!!!!!!!! :club: lol
I think that this year's team has the potential to be better than the 2004 team.Just throwing it out there.
Absolutely. The 2004 team wasn't a great team really. They struggled for much of the season, but managed to do enough to hang in there. I could see this year's team easily exceed the quality of the 2004 team....of course, I could see it going the other way as well. It's the same thing as last year really...a high variance team with a low-90's median for wins with 2006 leaning more towards 90 and 2007 more towards 95.

I like how they completely are throwing out the reasons for making Papelbon a starter in the first place. So Papelbon isn't a health concern as a closer anymore, cause that's what we were told before. Hmm

I like how they completely are throwing out the reasons for making Papelbon a starter in the first place. So Papelbon isn't a health concern as a closer anymore, cause that's what we were told before. Hmm
Schilling's Blog about Papelbon.
Yeah, he blogged about the situation. So? The fact of the matter is that they are pulling their best John Kerry impersonation.
Better than doing their best George W. Bush impersonation and signing Juan Pierre for the money he got. My feeling is that the arm trouble stuff was just misinformation to be able to transition him to the rotation (where he'd almost certainly be more valuable) with minimal backlash from the talk radio mouthbreathers. Or maybe not. I don't hate the move. Let's start playing baseball, huh?
Better than doing their best George W. Bush impersonation and signing Juan Pierre for the money he got. My feeling is that the arm trouble stuff was just misinformation to be able to transition him to the rotation (where he'd almost certainly be more valuable) with minimal backlash from the talk radio mouthbreathers. Or maybe not. I don't hate the move. Let's start playing baseball, huh?
9 more days and you have your wish