Best Child Hood Sports Accomplishment

What was either your best or most interesting accomplishment of your sporting career.
I wouldn't call it an accomplishment, but it's one of my favorite memories. I played for the West Frankfort Redbirds (IL)we were playing the Pinckneyville Panthers(IL) in a football game and I was at middle linebacker. They ran an off tackle play to the 5 hole, I had a clear shot & a good run, and I hit the ball carrier so hard that I took down 6 other people along with him. I still have the video tape of it.My best accomplishment was that I was a 3 year varsity letter winner in baseball (at a large school) and had a batting average of .427 my senior year.

I once grabbed 17 rebounds in a 30-minute game back in...eighth grade, I think it was. Unfortunately, the only things I was any good at was rebounding and blocking shots, so my contributions were limited to things like that. I might have hit double digits in points like twice in my career.

I don't think it was my best, but definitely the moment I look back on most fondly.High school basketball; I was the point guard. We were without our top two scorers (and probably just our two best players) for an away game against our league rival.I scored 24 points with 6 or 7 assists in a game we won ~50 - ~40. What stands out the most was getting taken out of the game with about 30 seconds left. The bench was right in front of the bleachers and as I was walking off the court our fans gave me a standing ovation. I remember being completely physically and mentally exhausted as I sat down and the crowd's reaction to me was one of my most emotional sports moments.

I pitched No-Hitters in back to back outings for my little league team. We went undefeated and won the league championship that year. I made the paper and everything, pretty huge for a 12 year old.

I socred 3 goals in a period once in hockey. I stank at hockey (especially for a Canadian kid obsessed with hockey), so that stood out.I played defence in soccer, so no offensive moments stand out. I once scored an end to end goal in U18, but I also scored in my own net that year :club: .I took a nasty fall and bloodied my knee during a provincial (highschool) tennis game and my partner finished the point (and won it). That always stands out.

I shut out a Russian All-Star team who was visiting the states when I was 11.

Football: 3 Inteceptions in semi-pro game, 4 touchdowns in hs game. got to travel to hong kong while playing semi-pro ball.Baseball: hit for cycle in hs gameGolf: hole in one on 284 yard par 4...still none on any par 3Also, I have a similar football play as previuos poster and have it on tape also. I catch a screen pass and run over tackler, step on his stomach and continue for about a 40 yard run...It is even funnier cuz the HS video opperators are like wow did you see that hit :club: I really feel like bundy living my past all over again, but hey you asked :D

I played defence in soccer, so no offensive moments stand out. I once scored an end to end goal in U18, but I also scored in my own net that year :club: .
I hear you there. Played defense for eight years growing up, and I'm pretty sure my career stats went something like 0G, 2A. On the plus side, I didn't score any own goals either.

Shooting 300 when I was 16.Winning bronze in the U-18 Canadian championships when I was 16. Throwing all 3 strikes in the 10th frame of the final game just to get into a medal roll-off when I needed all 3 strikes. That's clutch for a 16 year old. Unfortunately, I didn't appreciate it as much as I wish I could have at the time.

Let's see, nothing great, but I'll throw stuff out there...Team stuff:Won PA states in AA travel hockey in 1998.3rd in the nation in college roller hockey for Purdue in 02 and 03.Personal:Scored with 2 second left in OT to beat the #1 HS team in the state in 98. They finished the season 25-1 and won states. I still bring up the 1 lose to players from the team I know, haha.This goal: You'll need mypace to watch it National semi-final game with a cast on my right wrist. We still lost, haha.

Golf: Soph year, I won a 24 person quad when I hit a 83 on a par 71 course. Birdied twice during that round, first ever birdie on par 4.Tennis: Won conference last year and almost made it to state, but lost in last qualifying game.Baseball: Made all star team almost every year in little league.Basketball: Got my first and only double-double in 7th grade.

Won a golf membership for coming in the middle of the pack. I was neck and neck with another junior at the time, where on the last hole I 3 putted, ending up in 2nd place in the Junior division. The golf course had one prize for whoever had the average score out of all competitors including adult mens and womens as well as junior divisions. My 3 put gave me the prize of a free membership for the following year. If I would have won the junior division, all I would have got was a stupid golf bag. So I thought that was intreresting.I also recieved 2 MVP awards for hockey tournaments and 1 MVP award for a full hockey season. It's funny that I put these after the golf thing, as I actually deserved these.

Haha now this is my kinda thread.No great "accomplishments" except for some all star team baseball championships, getting to play in some minor league parks, etc.Some good memories though1) Summer league ball when I was 18, hit my first over the fence home run... and it was a bomb. Kid grooved a fastball and I hit it about 400. As soon as I hit it everyone knew it was gone, and I stood there watching it like Ken Griffey Jr in his prime lol2) HS ball senior year I made all league, but one memory stands out most. Game against one of our biggest rivals, and we were down just about all game. We battled back to tie it in the 5th (out of 7) inning and they walked our #3 hitter to load the bases for me (are you kidding me?? ****ing you lol). So I'm taking some practice swings and my coach comes up to me, looks me in the eye and says "go up there and break this game open". That's pretty much all I needed as I crushed a hanging curveball for a GS (had to run the bases though... gey).I'll definitely never forget those as long as I live

I was Leinster champion in the javelin a couple of times. It was almost comical how bad the competition was though. Javelins went backwards. No joke. I also won the Senior Rejects league in rugby. That was for people who didn't want to go for their school's senior team. With my school's cricket team I got to at least one final a year all through school, while winning I think one(1).Not a terrible record for someone with no athletic ability. That was one of the benefits of going to a sporting school.

My favorite is striking out 16 and making one of the other two put-outs in a six-inning game in little league. It was our team's only win of the season. Our coach thought it best to draft his own, talentless kids first before picking up some talent. The following year, I was first drafted for the next highest level, so that was cool.

golf: 1. shot 80-64 to get into a playoff for league indiv champion. when to win the playoff on the 9th playoff hole (against my best friend).2. On a 176 yard par 3 one hopped it in for a hole in one two win a car, trip to hawaii, and a new set of clubs. :club: (except you had to be 18 yo, me=17 and 8 months so i got a big bag of nothing :):D football: i was terrible so i played special teams mostly but on one kick off i was running down field and the kid who caught it tried to lateral it but somehow it wound up in my arms :D . score my one and only touchdown that season and career :D Soccer:when i was 12 i scored a goal that was called back because of offsides (except i was on my side of half field when i got it so i call bullshit) so i flip off the ref get a yellow card and punch the kid nearst to me from the other team in the chest. yea i was a little angry

Let's see:Junior year of High School, we beat the Number 1 team in the State in soccer. It was the first time that group of seniors had ever been beaten on their home field. I scored the winning goal, and would have had an assist for the opening goal, but our player was tripped in the box (he scored the penalty)I won the American Quarter Horse Youth Association World Championship in Calf Roping. It was especially sweet because the year before I yacked it up pretty good as one of the favorites.2 time qualifier for National High School Rodeo Association finals in cutting (Texas won both team titles!)All star teams in basketball and baseball. ahh memories...

No paticular order.Soccer - Winning a Gold medal in state games. Making my first Priemere Division team. Scoring my first goal. While sitting out one season due to league stipulations, I coached a under 8 team that was winless the year before to a perfect season. For a period of about 4 months I was the youngest FIFA certified ref in the country.Golf - 2nd time I ever played I got a hole in 1 on a 198 yard par 3. Been hooked ever since. 83 was and still is my best score on a par 72, did that 10 years ago. I should really play more.

No paticular order.Soccer - Winning a Gold medal in state games. Making my first Priemere Division team. Scoring my first goal. While sitting out one season due to league stipulations, I coached a under 8 team that was winless the year before to a perfect season. For a period of about 4 months I was the youngest FIFA certified ref in the country.Golf - 2nd time I ever played I got a hole in 1 on a 198 yard par 3. Been hooked ever since. 83 was and still is my best score on a par 72, did that 10 years ago. I should really play more.
I f'ing hate you!!!!!! I am a 2 handicap, and never have had a hole in one

This one's more interesting for the postscript...HS Lacrosse, I'm playing goal. A guy behind the net loses his defenseman. He comes around the crease, and is pretty close. I decided the best course of action is to put the guy on the ground. I charge him, and my helmet hits his ribs, ball pops loose - the play worked out perfecty.Later that night, I go to a party. I'm talking to a girl, when a guy comes up. Heres the conversation:Girl: How are your ribs?Guy: Sore.Me:What happened?Guy: I cracked three of them in a lacrosse game.Me: Who do you play for?Guy: (Names school I had played against.)Me: What happened?Guy: I was coming around the crease, and the goalie hit me in the ribs.Girl (to me): Aren't you the goalie?

This one's more interesting for the postscript...HS Lacrosse, I'm playing goal. A guy behind the net loses his defenseman. He comes around the crease, and is pretty close. I decided the best course of action is to put the guy on the ground. I charge him, and my helmet hits his ribs, ball pops loose - the play worked out perfecty.Later that night, I go to a party. I'm talking to a girl, when a guy comes up. Heres the conversation:Girl: How are your ribs?Guy: Sore.Me:What happened?Guy: I cracked three of them in a lacrosse game.Me: Who do you play for?Guy: (Names school I had played against.)Me: What happened?Guy: I was coming around the crease, and the goalie hit me in the ribs.Girl (to me): Aren't you the goalie?
care to elaborate some more?