some of "I Got It Made" by Special Ed"Got twenty, that's plenty yet I still want morekinda fond of honda scooters--got seventy-fourI got the riches--to fulfill my needsgot land in the sand of the West Indieseven got a little island of my very own--I gotta frog--a dog with a solid gold boneAn accountant to account the amount I spentgotta treaty with Tahiti cuz I own a percentgot gear out wear--to everydayboutiques from France to the U.S.A.and I make all the money from the rhymes I inventso it really doesn't matter--how much I spent, because, yoI make fresh rhymes--dailyyou burn me--really?Think, just blink and I made--a million rhymesjust imagine if you blinked-- a million timesdamn I'd be paid--I got it made"Special Ed was such a liair :D

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Got twenty, that's plenty yet I still want morekinda fond of honda scooters--got seventy-fourI got the riches--to fulfill my needsgot land in the sand of the West Indieseven got a little island of my very own--I gotta frog--a dog with a solid gold boneAn accountant to account the amount I spentgotta treaty with Tahiti cuz I own a percentgot gear out wear--to everydayboutiques from France to the U.S.A.and I make all the money from the rhymes I inventso it really doesn't matter--how much I spent, because, yoI make fresh rhymes--dailyyou burn me--really?Think, just blink and I made--a million rhymesjust imagine if you blinked-- a million timesdamn I'd be paid--I got it made"Special Ed was such a liair :D
haha too funny..nice post
40 rock songs1. Sympathy For The Devil :D - The Rolling Stones2. Hotel California- The Eagles3. Kashmir- Led Zepplin4. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath- Black Sabbath5. In The Court Of The Crimson King- King Crimson6. Child In Time- Deep Purple7. Jerusalem/Dopesmoker- Sleep8. Magic Carpet Ride- Steppenwolf9. #9- The Be Attles10. Heroin- The Velvet Underground11. Peace Frog- The Doors12. Butterfly Potion- Jim Thirlwell13. The Seeker- The Who14. Suite Judy Blue Eyes- Crosby, Stills and Nash15. Avalanche- Leonard Cohen16. Death Valley 69- Sonic Youth17. The Needle And The Damage Done- Neil Young18. Jane Says- Janes Addiction19. Sweet Jane- Lou Reed20. I Know There's An Answer- Brian Wilson21. Wish You Where Here- Pink Floyd22. Im So Glad- Cream23. Jimi Hendrix- Little Wing24. Aqualung- Jethro Tull25. Burnin' For You- Blue Oyster Cult26. Space Cowboy- Steve Miller27. On The Edge- Yes28. Kick Out The Jams- Mc 529. Anarchy In The Uk- The Sex Pistols30. Free Will - Rush31. Logical Song- Super Tramp32. Peg- Steely Dan33. In Memory of Elizabeth Reed- The Allman Brothers34. One- Metallica35. Jerk Off- Tool 36. Deuce- Kiss37. Generation Landslide- Alice Cooper38. Concubine- The Butthole Surfers39. Cherry Bomb- The Runnaways 40. Fade Away And Radiate- Blondie
i like how you put sleep in there with all the classic. some good stuff, like free will by rush!i'd like to add:blondie - dreamingyes - heart of the sunriselou reed - perfect dayso is "hotel california" really about anton lavey's black house?
boot campthe alkoholikschino xlmadlib/quasimotonecrononphixionimmortal techniquecormegamobb deepbig lkmd
necro - poetry in the streetsnecro - i need drugs [ha!]and immortal technique is indismissable

Wow, I don't think anyone in here listens to the same music as me. I can relate to some of the OAR guys, and I love classic rock, but mostly the southern stuff...Lynyrd Skynyrd, Gov't Mule.But no one in here listens to:Ben HarperJack JohnsonGavin DeGrawetc.I've found that really lyrical music is good for my poker play, because it keeps me relaxed, but I'm a writer, so I probably have more poetic taste than most, I guess.Anybody else in here like some of this stuff.I was with a few of you guys on the Dave Matthews, but if you like him, you should definitely branch out...there are a lot of good artists in his genre.

Dave MatthewsGusterBright Eyes (someone else knows this guy!)Medeski Martin and Wood (new age jazz stuff...no lyrics, insane to get you focused)Techno is essential for multi tabling...Classic RockEric ClaptonThe CureThe FaintJohnny LangMatchbook RomanceHot Action CopPostal ServicePaul OakenfoldJust to name a few...

The BeatlesLed ZeppelinBob DylanDave Matthews BandU2REMMaroon 5Jack JohnsonPublic EnemyColdplayDwight YoakamJoss StonePutumayo CDsTom PettyBlue RodeoOur Lady PeaceLionel RichieStereophonicsMark Knopfler....to be continued

WilcoThe ShinsBroken Social SceneArcade FireBeta BandDeath Cab For CutieThe DecemberistsElliott SmithIron & WineThe Fruit BatsThe BeatlesThe WhoBig StarBen FoldsBeckPavementOlivia Tremor ControlCat PowerMiami Sound machine :D

Excellent call with Tribe. I own every album.Other than that, I'll listen to just about anything:right now it's AC Newman, the Arcade Fire, and WEEN--the greatest band of any kind, ever.

tribe is my fav hip hop group ever...low end theory=classic real hip hop....as far as ween goes,,,not so much,,,lol..they hate my fav band of all time=the smiths they even have a song called i hate the smiths i think it is lol

WilcoThe ShinsBroken Social SceneArcade FireBeta BandThe DecemberistsElliott SmithIron & WineBig StarBeckPavementOlivia Tremor ControlCat Power
word up.i removed the select few who didnt exactly do it for me. but rocking out to elliot smith as i type this.
Yeah, I think I'm the only one here who listens to Hip Hop and stuff huh? Ah well.
Definately check out (i.e. download) the new 50 cent album. If your already a 50 fan then it won't disappoint as he has better lyrics and beats than Get Rich and Die Tryin. If you don't like rap then your too old. J/K
i would disagree. i think that 50's new album is the same as 'get rich', but with worse beats. i heard it's mostly due to less 'dre involvement'. then again, it's only my opinion. 'get rich' was 'imma kill ya, imma kill ya', but it sounded completely dope. 'massacre' is 'imma kill ya, imma kill ya', but completely whack. case in point: "clickety-clank...clickety-clank...the money falls into my piggy...bank...". whack. game's album, on the other hand, sounds pretty sick. check out track 8 (the justblaze beat)...it sounds almost like jay (no surprise there, really). also, track 11 (title track, i believe) is pretty dope too. anyway, that's my take on it. peace. :shock:

My top two favorite songs are:Wish You Were Here by Pink FloydandRamble On by Led ZepplinMy Mp3 player has:Hip Hop ListLL Cool JNellyChingyOutkastUsherEasy/Classic Rock List Elton JohnGeorge MichaelQueen (wow, I guess I like gay guys or something)EaglesINXSSheryl CrowEric ClaptonLed ZepplinPink FloydRolling StonesU2Metal/Industrial/AlternativeMetallicaNirvanaNine Inch Nails (Trent rocks!)Tori AmosA selection of 80's stuff that's pretty fun as well.

Awesome! Songlists... I am getting an iPod soon so I can throw out my junkie 3 year-old mp3/cd player...From iTunes to iPod soon:Everything and anything BowieWilcoSmithsZeppelinNeil YoungSome blondieBlurBeatles, of courseFutureheadsAzure RayFlaming LipsRadiohead...And you will know us...Cardigans too gay? Nope.BeckSome Bee Gees, I love em! Listen to "Massachusetts"Ray CharlesWear Your Love Like Heaven - DonavanDylanAbsolutely no Doors. Tye-dye sucks.Echo and the bunnymenSome KinksStereolabPulpJackie Wilson ****ing rules!That's it for now.

I can't name a song list. I'd take up two pages by doing that. So I'm jsut gonna name bands and musiciansStones(pre-80s)Velvet UndergroundThe WhoZepplinClapton(anything wiht him, cream, blind faith, derek&the dominos, etc)Phish(just look at my sig)MMW(damn straight Jayson, I've been to 10 shows)Allman Bros.Jammiriquoi(they've gotten really dancy lately, so more of the older sutff)RadioheadBeck(genius)The PoliceMiles Davis(pre 76, all the 80s stuff is crap)Sonny Rollins(pre 70s)Actually I'm just gonna say tons of Jazz esp. the late 50s and 60s periodYes(pre 80s)ELPNirvanaLes Claypool Tirbe Called QuestThe RootsJames BrownGeorge ClintonColdplayPink FloydGreatful Deadand there's just soo much more I could go on