Its Final Table of a MTTdown to 5 left. 2 stacks @ 300k 2 @ 150k 1 @ 90kI'm one of the 150k stacks.Blinds are retarded at 15k/30kI am BB in for 30k with KJc. folds to SB who completes, SB is the other 150k stack. his complete seems pointless at this stage, I push. for 120k morehe heistates, finally after 10 seconds, calls shows A,4 off., no improve for either and A high wins.anyone like the push here? I just cant seem to win, i've Final Tbaled about 8 times in the last 2 months, and no wins in any of them.

Ok, let me say, I haven't played a MTT in a long time.That aside, I like the push. You have 4 BB's left.I don't have much analysis, so I'll leave that up to others, but I like it. I make the same play when the blinds are huge in SNGs.- Zach

folds to SB who completes, SB is the other 150k stack. his complete seems pointless at this stage, I push. for 120k morehe heistates, finally after 10 seconds, calls shows A,4 off., no improve for either and A high wins.anyone like the push here?
The push here is an OK play.....although if I make an all-in move like this, I usually like an Ace in my hand. But you are at the stage where stealing blinds are more important to your potential success of winning the tournament, so it is an solid, aggressive play.You might have the best hand a good amount of the time here.......but I must say I really like his limp with the A high from the SB. That is a strong play because he was probably trying to re-raise you, as well as the fact that if he DOES raise you when it gets to him, it pretty much tells you what he has....A high, allowing him to be bluffed easier if you just flat call and if an Ace doesn't flop. As you said, the complete by the SB "seems pointless"....which is what I think he wanted you to think. But you just made him have a hard decision for a good portion of his chips, which is another strong play he probably never expected. He just made a marginally good call.But I will say that if *I* was the A high in this spot and just completed and you moved in on me.....I would probably have you on KQ-J10s, because if you DID have a hand......you would want to raise less so I could re-raise you and give you some action.One tendency I have noticed from online MTT when it comes down to the end game is that when the SB completes, it is often a sign of some type of strength.....either an Ace-x or a medium/big PP. They use it as a check raise, because Blind versus Blind play is just SO aggressive at these stages (mostly because it is taught to be) that there is a good chance that the BB will raise with any two cards in this spot to try to steal. Suspecting that, I'd actually go for the "stop-n-go" move with the KJ. Check your option, and THEN make your move. That way, you both see a flop, and if he checks to you, you can bet and represent what came out there. You might not even have to bet your entire stack if you both see a flop......sometimes a min bet or a bet of 2/3rds of the pot will get the job done (as mentioned in Harrington on Hold Em, Vol 1).We also don't know the player. We don't know if he has the gaul to call with JUST Ace high on the flop. He might make a move at the pot first, but unless it is all-in, I sincerely doubt he will call you with just A-high unless he is some type of great sheriff, or bets so much of his stack that he becomes committed.We do know, that especially online, people will make crazy all-in calls during pre-flop short handed play with even a baby Ace thinking it is probably good. And that's the downfall of the preflop all-in with the KJ.....IMO, you actually make it easier for A4o to call. I'd rather see a flop and let the cards torture his imagination for me. Plus we have position.What came out on the the flop anyways? A flop of Q84 is more more scarier than a flop of, say, 259 to bluff at (or for A-high to call/make a move towards).You just lowered the boom on him by making a very aggressive stab at the antes, and he made a tough call. But hindsight is 20/20. I would personally just have went with the "stop-n-go" here. But it is a tournament, and sometimes you have to win these 60/40 matchups to win them.

ya, it was 43%-57%. i put him on crap, The whole complete when u have a strong hand works, and is used in HU, and so on, but with the blinds this retarded, its a difference of 60k each hand.thats 1/3 the average stack.I do like the stop n Go idea now that i'm not in the tourney, thanks for the reply

i think a stop in go or a push can be argued for in this spot. you just got unlucky that he called with a ragged ace.

I like it.A virtually guaranteed 43/57 is much better off than a 25/75 if you held a weaker ace.I actually don't like having an ace in my hand in situations like this unless it's AJ or higher because of the fact that almost any ace is going to call.

Specbrad did something similar in a tournament with an ace/rag type hand... completing, and then calling a push for about 6 for big blinds (if i recall correctly).The thing is, no better hands are folding if he was to push with a weak ace here. But a variety of worse hands are going to push against him.Your hand figures to be better than his range, and there's a good chance that he folds. If you're on a major bubble, i'd give it more thought; but otherwise - **** happens.

Nothing wrong with the push here. Just tough luck that he called with a bad ace and won the race. 5bb's leaves little room for postflop play. It's actually a bad play on his part to limp with a4os. He should have pushed. So, imo he made a mistake and got lucky whereas you played it just fine and got unlucky.

Nothing wrong with the push here. Just tough luck that he called with a bad ace and won the race. 5bb's leaves little room for postflop play. It's actually a bad play on his part to limp with a4os. He should have pushed. So, imo he made a mistake and got lucky whereas you played it just fine and got unlucky.
My guess is that he probably thought he was trapping :club:
My guess is that he probably thought he was trapping
As much as I got a chuckle out of this, too (and online there are alot of idiot who think this way) he MIGHT have had a legitimate thought of trapping with the A4o, but there would be certain factors:a) Has he just been completing the BB alot? Some players just play weak in the blinds, completing with any type of stupid junk, and they only raise with hands that they would raise with as if it was a full ring game, not understanding that super aggressive BvB play accounts for at least 35% of tournament success. I was in a live tournament last Friday where I had a weak tight player in my SB, so when he completed, I raised him with hands like Q7o. In the hand I raised with Q7o, he thought a long time.....and then showed and mucked A6o.b.) Royal, were you terrorizing his blind? Would he complete, and then you would raise with junk to which he would fold? If this is the case (and I have played with Royal before so I know that he would be capable of this type of move if he saw an opportunity), I would have limped in here to trap, but not because I thought A4o was a premium hand, but because it would rate to be best hand most of the time in a BvB situation versus an aggressive raiser, especially 5 handed.Granted, not all opponents are that observant at an online tournament, but it gets easier short handed to get acclimated to your opponents' styles.
meh, retarded blinds, it's going to come down to a guessing game and lots of luck actually. But I push w/o givng it a second thought. What, you have 120 and the pot is 60?..come on... easy push.
Hence why the push isn't a bad play, it most of the time is the best play. But with high rising blinds like these (and I play some of these types of tournaments), sometimes you can gain from your opponents' mistakes (of not pushing with the Ace high from the SB with 4bb left) by doing what a good poker player does best....play after the flop.You don't have to be at the mercy of the cards all the time.....

I like the push here. I mean with the blinds this messed up if you are playing to win the tourney it is an easy push. However, depending on what the payouts are you might want to try to wait until after the 90k stack gets busted to make that play. I really don't like the play by the SB in this situation. He has to push or fold on the SB with his hand. If he is going to call an all-in with that hand no matter what you push with, I feel like he has to push himself, especially with the blinds that high. The only argument you can make is that you get a worse hand to push and you might not get a lot of better hands to fold. But I feel like the blinds are just too high to give the BB a free flop in this situation. If the flop bricks out and you're in the SB with the A4 then you lose the 60k pot. I feel like you're play was right, and he played it pretty badly. The question is if he would have pushed what would you have done?

I agree with the push here as well. Sometimes you just aren't destined to win those 60/40 situations, even though it seems like everytime you hold the weak ace the king or jack flops on ya. As it has been mentioned ad nausem on here, with 60k in the pot and you're left with 120k there's no room to manuever. If I'm holding that weak ace, I would take control and probably push post flop anyway betting that you didn't hit anything. Rough luck, but with those retarded blinds there was no other move....