H/u League Registration?

I just noticed WKTSWAY finally got off his duff and entered. He's a regular in the FCP tournies and the Neg Open and he should definately get one of the last spots.
Thanks Big Yang... I was kind of waiting to see if I could get a lot of the team I was in for the FCPFC together. I was also waiting for possibly one of the more "prominant" members of my team to sign up so we had a better chance to get in. And I've been very busy at work, as you can see in my blog...I guess I still don't think of myself as well known even though some of you might. I figured with maybe only a few spots left I would just sign up and if I get a team, maybe more of them will respond and join up.Thanks again for the recommendation. Hope I get in :club:
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from Vegas with my head still in a fog. (Won $600+ in the cash games but lost my *** betting UCLA! What a fiasco! Didn't care who won really but obviously I bet the wrong way., oh well...)Very happy to discover that this league is for sure going to happen. I was all ready to submit a team but was honored to have been recruited instead, so I figured I'd go that route! So as long as the current list holds true then I'm sure we'll see ya's around the league.GL! (and thanks to Daniel and his league crew) :club: Peace!

A couple of questions...and I apologize if these have been answered.1) If I'm lucky enough to remain on the list of teams, how do we pay the entry fee? 2) If I intend to go it alone, can I have players on my team in case of emergency even if I have no intention of letting them play? This league is going to rule. :club:

A couple of questions...and I apologize if these have been answered.1) If I'm lucky enough to remain on the list of teams, how do we pay the entry fee? 2) If I intend to go it alone, can I have players on my team in case of emergency even if I have no intention of letting them play? This league is going to rule. :club:
Answers to 1) Hasn't been worked out just yet. It will either be out of your FCP account or possibly some other way.2) You can TOTALLY go it alone if you'd like. In fact, my original idea was for all entries to go it alone, but with scheduling issues and such I realized that not everyone could make every event or even pay the full $500. I plan on playing every match as well if I' available. Teams captains can split up the playing time any way they want.
me and my bro have been reading negreanu's personal website for years now. ive been reading his articles way before there was even a forum on his site. i am not much of a forum online person, either is my brother. so my post count is weak, and i also dont try to make friends here. i suppose this does not help my chances of being picked for the league, or voted in for the last few spots. i really wish the entry process was more random than this.
I figured this would ultimately be an issue and I'm sorry that you aren't happy with the selection process thus far. I was dealing with a tough decision of either making it totally random, in which case I could alienate many of the FCP regulars, or I could hand pick most of the spots and leave some of the other spots to be chosen randomly. I went with the second choice obviously and I guess I have to stick by my decision. Having said that, you are hardly out of the running.

Are there teams still looking for players? I'm a playmaking centre with strong defense... Oh wait, that's hockey.... too many concussions... Seriously, though, sounds like a great challenge, and if anyone's looking to fill a team....

He isn't listed as one of the entrants in the stickied thread. There are several prominent FCPer's yet to register. I will give them until the 8th to register. After that, registration will be closed and the 32 teams will be picked from the names in the stickied thread.
Sweet...just 2 more days for the official list!!

Announcements