***///--the Official Kansas City Royals Thread--\\\***

6-4 Royals on a homerun by young stud Shane Costa...we're in their bullpen now in the Top 7th.....I've been telling everyone we're a better team and vastly improving.......why doesn't anyone listen to me? We still may lose..I'm not getting ahead of myself..but we are clearly a WAY better team than last year and have a very good amount of young talent on the way.
Heh...I've listened. I haven't talked smack about the Royals since the unfortunate Dejesus comment. This game is fun to follow. I would love to see the Yankees blow another lead. Great for my fantasy team too. If the game's close, Arod won't do crap.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly that was one of the best game's I've ever seen. Instant classic. I wasn't even rooting that hard for the Royals. I definitely like them but I also like the A's, mostly because Jon Lester.

Another "fluke" RBI for Reggie Sanders. 7-4 Royals.

Heh...I've listened. I haven't talked smack about the Royals since the unfortunate Dejesus comment. This game is fun to follow. I would love to see the Yankees blow another lead. Great for my fantasy team too. If the game's close, Arod won't do crap.
Eh..I'm not directing my comments toward you...just so you know. I know you aren't really one of those who was cracking on my Royals too badly. I can handle it for the most part, of course, but when we do well...those that make fun of me had better be ready for some retaliation..lol.ELMER DESSENS IS A GOD!!Two more scoreless...PERFECT innings....including striking out Gay-Rod looking. This man has been rediculously good for us thus far. 7-4 Royals after 7.You know things are going your way when Angel "swing like Vlad" Berroa draws a walk.and now our usually reliable Andrew Sisco is in the process of blowing our lead. Just great......two walks and a ground ball single and the bases are loaded with no outs in the 8th. Well....we were playing great up until this point.7-6 now..with runners on 1st and 2nd with one out. Sisco has struggled so badly so far...after being so good last year. God this will be a disappointing game to lose after playing so well.

And Jeter homers to give the Yanks a 9-7 lead. F*cking great. Thanks for all those walks Sisco. So disappointing. We game them a run for their money and are clearly a much better team....but holy sh*t Mays and Sisco were dreadful today.

And Jeter homers to give the Yanks a 9-7 lead. F*cking great. Thanks for all those walks Sisco. So disappointing. We game them a run for their money and are clearly a much better team....but holy sh*t Mays and Sisco were dreadful today.
Son of a *****. Oh well...not over yet.

Giving up 5 runs in the 8th. That's just inexcuably atrocious. Guess that's what happens when you decide to give them nine f*cking walks. Maybe those two guys will get it through their f*cking heads to quit being pussies and throw some f*cking strikes. F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK!!!!!and the Royals offense continues to mount threats..which is extremely encouraging. Two on one out with Reggie coming up.

Ugh...I hate it when the Yankees win games like that.
The Yanks didn't win it. The Royals handed them the game. We hit better than them, and we played defense better than them, and we ran the bases better than them, and even when we threw strikes...we pitched better than them. The one thing we did wrong was walk too them.....but we went ALL OUT on that f*cking screwup. Mays and Sisco were ATROCIOUS with their control. The Yanks probably only hit six or seven balls well..but with all the free runners we gave them...those few well-hit balls cost us big time.

Game Recap--Royals 7, Yankees 9.Winning Pitcher: Scott ProctorLosing Pitcher: Andrew SiscoSave: Mariano Rivera Box Score: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/...7_boxscore.htmlGame Recap: SUCH a disappointing ending...but still encouraging at the same time. Joe Mays and Andrew Sisco were atrocious...as all the walks they gave up cost us the game. However, our offense was great from top to bottom except for Mike Sweeney, and our defense and baserunning were fine. We outplayed the Yankees in their home opener in every aspect of the game and scared the sh*t out of them...but then Sisco decided to come in and walk the bases loaded and it was over from there. In their five run inning, they only had two well hit balls altogether..but got five runs thanks to us just handing them baserunners. That is flat out inexcusable. Elmer Dessens and Mike Wood (who will be our fifth starter on Saturday at Tampa Bay) were incredibly good..and once again the offense was very good......the team is clearly a much better team and with a lot of talent in the minors...we're definitely going in the right direction...but this would have been a HUGE win for us..so pretty disappointing in the short term. Hopefully we can get one win in this series though. Tomorrow's a new day.....

Just saw the KC/NY game highlights...I think they said the word "Royals" a total of one time....and said one of our players names incorrectly...lol...who the f*ck is Jeremy Buck!?!? Boy..if I didn't know any better...from the way the highlights were shown/spoken of....it was just another "dominant" performance by the Yankees...and they sure "outplayed" us Royals..boy...their pitching was awesome and their offense was just "hitting the snot" out of the ball all day.....lol. F*cking ESPN....wouldn't want to show that the Yankees got pushed and had the sh*t scared out of them and that they really didn't win the game as much as the Royals just handed it to them.....

John Kruk on today's game..."New York sent a message to Kansas City today. They said 'you aren't coming into our house and winning.'"Yeah...some "message" they sent us there. Give them nine walks and a three run lead to start with and they'll pitch horribly and play a bad game in general and hit maybe six balls well all game and barely beat a team that they clearly overmatch...oh boy...you're right, New York was awesomely dominant today...the way they barely won despite Joe Mays and Andrew Sisco practically begging to give the game away...lol. It is extremely obvious that the guys at ESPN did nothing more than look at the final score at the end of the game and just assume that the Yankees were "dominant." They won the game, but they didn't beat us...I wasn't all that impressed with them quite frankly....we gave them all their offense today. If we don't walk SOOO many guys they only score three runs at best.

John Kruk on today's game..."New York sent a message to Kansas City today. They said 'you aren't coming into our house and winning.'"Yeah...some "message" they sent us there. Give them nine walks and a three run lead to start with and they'll pitch horribly and play a bad game in general and hit maybe six balls well all game and barely beat a team that they clearly overmatch...oh boy...you're right, New York was awesomely dominant today...the way they barely won despite Joe Mays and Andrew Sisco practically begging to give the game away...lol. It is extremely obvious that the guys at ESPN did nothing more than look at the final score at the end of the game and just assume that the Yankees were "dominant." They won the game, but they didn't beat us...I wasn't all that impressed with them quite frankly....we gave them all their offense today. If we don't walk SOOO many guys they only score three runs at best.
Did you honestly expect them to say something bad about the Yankees? That's why I have pretty much given up on ESPN. I really hope that MLB does that the NFL and the NBA did and create a baseball only television network, and place it somewhere else besides New York.
John Kruk on today's game..."New York sent a message to Kansas City today. They said 'you aren't coming into our house and winning.'"
Wow I certainly hope the Royals win 22-0 tomorrow in NY.
Did you honestly expect them to say something bad about the Yankees? That's why I have pretty much given up on ESPN. I really hope that MLB does that the NFL and the NBA did and create a baseball only television network, and place it somewhere else besides New York.
No, I was really just hoping someone would give enough of a sh*t to throw a compliment the Royals way for actually playing them tough on their Opening Day ANDDD taking two of three from Chicago over the weekend. I don't recall one positive comment about any of our games this year so far, even though we clearly outplayed and scared the sh*t out of the Yanks today.

04/12/06--Royals (2-4) vs. Yankees (3-4); 12:05 CTStarting Pitchers: J. Affeldt (0-0, 13.50 ERA) vs. S. Chacon (0-1, 7.71 ERA)Starting Lineups: Royals CF Shane Costa (5 G, .267 BA, .267 OBP, 2 HR, 2 RBI, .933 OPS)2B Mark Grudzielanek (6 G, .320 BA, .346 OBP, 0 HR, 0 RBI, .826 OPS)1B Doug Mientkiewicz (5 G, .167 BA, .200 OBP, 0 HR, 2 RBI, .422 OPS)RF Reggie Sanders (6 G, .348 BA, .375 OBP, 2 HR, 7 RBI, 1.027 OPS)DH Matt Stairs (0 G, .000 BA, .000 OBP, 0 HR, 0 RBI, .000 OPS)LF Emil Brown (6 G, .273 BA, .333 OBP, 1 HR, 3 RBI, .833 OPS)3B Mark Teahen (6 G, .190 BA, .227 OBP, 0 HR, 2 RBI, .465 OPS)SS Angel Berroa (6 G, .316 BA, .350 OBP, 0 HR, 3 RBI, .771 OPS)C Paul Bako (1 G, .000 BA, .000 OBP, 0 HR, 0 RBI, .000 OPS)Yankees CF Johnny Damon (7 G, .310 BA, .394 OBP, 0 HR, 2 RBI, .877 OPS)SS Derek Jeter (7 G, .333 BA, .455 OBP, 2 HR, 7 RBI, 1.045 OPS)DH Gary Sheffield (7 G, .207 BA, .258 OBP, 1 HR, 4 RBI, .672 OPS)3B Alex Rodriguez (7 G, .296 BA, .406 OBP, 2 HR, 6 RBI, .925 OPS)1B Jason Giambi (7 G, .211 BA, .500 OBP, 1 HR, 4 RBI, .868 OPS)LF Hideki Matusi (7 G, .393 BA, .452 OBP, 3 HR, 8 RBI. 1.202 OPS)C Jorge Posada (7 G, .269 BA, .387 OBP, 2 HR, 7 RBI, .926 OPS)RF Bernie Williams (7 G, .273 BA, .333 OBP, 0 HR, 3 RBI, .652 OPS)2B Miguel Cairo (2 G, .000 BA, .000 OBP, 0 HR, 0 RBI, .000 OPS)

He'd probably admit that too. He always claims that he is nothing but "a hick from West Virginia"
As long as we're on the same page.
No, I was really just hoping someone would give enough of a sh*t to throw a compliment the Royals way for actually playing them tough on their Opening Day ANDDD taking two of three from Chicago over the weekend. I don't recall one positive comment about any of our games this year so far, even though we clearly outplayed and scared the sh*t out of the Yanks today.
Sportscenter was a little more complimentary. If the Royals are improved and keep playing teams tough, taking series from stronger teams, then people take notice. They'll become a story and get the attention they deserve. Until then, most will be reluctant to go against conventional wisdom.
04/12/06--Royals (2-4) vs. Yankees (3-4); 12:05 CTStarting Pitchers: J. Affeldt (0-0, 13.50 ERA) vs. S. Chacon (0-1, 7.71 ERA)Starting Lineups: Royals CF Shane Costa (5 G, .267 BA, .267 OBP, 2 HR, 2 RBI, .933 OPS)2B Mark Grudzielanek (6 G, .320 BA, .346 OBP, 0 HR, 0 RBI, .826 OPS)1B Doug Mientkiewicz (5 G, .167 BA, .200 OBP, 0 HR, 2 RBI, .422 OPS)RF Reggie Sanders (6 G, .348 BA, .375 OBP, 2 HR, 7 RBI, 1.027 OPS)DH Matt Stairs (0 G, .000 BA, .000 OBP, 0 HR, 0 RBI, .000 OPS)LF Emil Brown (6 G, .273 BA, .333 OBP, 1 HR, 3 RBI, .833 OPS)3B Mark Teahen (6 G, .190 BA, .227 OBP, 0 HR, 2 RBI, .465 OPS)SS Angel Berroa (6 G, .316 BA, .350 OBP, 0 HR, 3 RBI, .771 OPS)C Paul Bako (1 G, .000 BA, .000 OBP, 0 HR, 0 RBI, .000 OPS)Yankees CF Johnny Damon (7 G, .310 BA, .394 OBP, 0 HR, 2 RBI, .877 OPS)SS Derek Jeter (7 G, .333 BA, .455 OBP, 2 HR, 7 RBI, 1.045 OPS)DH Gary Sheffield (7 G, .207 BA, .258 OBP, 1 HR, 4 RBI, .672 OPS)3B Alex Rodriguez (7 G, .296 BA, .406 OBP, 2 HR, 6 RBI, .925 OPS)1B Jason Giambi (7 G, .211 BA, .500 OBP, 1 HR, 4 RBI, .868 OPS)LF Hideki Matusi (7 G, .393 BA, .452 OBP, 3 HR, 8 RBI. 1.202 OPS)C Jorge Posada (7 G, .269 BA, .387 OBP, 2 HR, 7 RBI, .926 OPS)RF Bernie Williams (7 G, .273 BA, .333 OBP, 0 HR, 3 RBI, .652 OPS)2B Miguel Cairo (2 G, .000 BA, .000 OBP, 0 HR, 0 RBI, .000 OPS)
i'm actually watching this game on the YES network. look forward to seeing the Great Matt Stairs connect for 5 or 6 homers.costa looked terrible in his first at-bat.HOMERUN Reggie Sanders. And the Royals are rallying...
i'm actually watching this game on the YES network. look forward to seeing the Great Matt Stairs connect for 5 or 6 homers.costa looked terrible in his first at-bat.HOMERUN Reggie Sanders. And the Royals are rallying...
Yeah..the game is on ESPN today....but OOPPPPSSS....I live in "Cardinals country" or some sh*t like that and we're not allowed to see Royals games on TV....so I can't watch it. F*cking bullsh*t. Anyways, yeah..3-0 after Top of 1st. We ain't a great team...but we're gonna play anyone tough this year and steal our share of wins.
Yeah..the game is on ESPN today....but OOPPPPSSS....I live in "Cardinals country" or some sh*t like that and we're not allowed to see Royals games on TV....so I can't watch it. F*cking bullsh*t. Anyways, yeah..3-0 after Top of 1st. We ain't a great team...but we're gonna play anyone tough this year and steal our share of wins.
quoted for truth :club: i put a finspot on the game when i saw Stairs starting, so GO ROYALS!yankees suck yankees suck yankees suck yankees suck
quoted for truth :club: i put a finspot on the game when i saw Stairs starting, so GO ROYALS!yankees suck yankees suck yankees suck yankees suck
And two leadoff walks. Just great. Yank Affeldt now. He's done. Mark it. Get Elmer Dessens in there and let him throw 9 innings..he seems to be the only one right now that realizes that it is okay to throw a strikes and allow them to hit the ball.Told you. Affeldt is flat out atrocious. Good stuff with zero clue how to pitch..doesn't have the mindset to be here. Get him off the team.
And two leadoff walks. Just great. Yank Affeldt now. He's done. Mark it. Get Elmer Dessens in there and let him throw 9 innings..he seems to be the only one right now that realizes that it is okay to throw a strikes and allow them to hit the ball.Told you. Affeldt is flat out atrocious. Good stuff with zero clue how to pitch..doesn't have the mindset to be here. Get him off the team.
....and its 3-3.does affeldt even have stuff? i've never seen it. he doesn't throw hard and his location is crap. not a good combo.at least dessens' name is elmer, and thats sweet.
....and its 3-3.does affeldt even have stuff? i've never seen it. he doesn't throw hard and his location is crap. not a good combo.at least dessens' name is elmer, and thats sweet.
He has a VERY good 12-to-6 curve...but he falls behind to every batter that he doesn't get to use it that much. Trust me, he has very good stuff...just no ability to pitch a good ballgame and thinks it isn't that big of a deal to fall behind 2-0 to every single hitter. He has SAID this in the past...don't know why he hasn't learned otherwise and why we allow him to do it over and over.

Finally Offeldt is out after 3 1/3 pitched..giving up six runs. If he would just throw some f*cking strikes the damage wouldn't have been that bad..two or three runs probably and a WAY less pitch count. It seems as if he will never learn....GOD I can't wait until Mark Redmen comes back and replaces one of these douches (hopefully Mays). Royals offense continues to put pressure on them though...RBI doubles by Grudz and Minky make it 6-5 in Top 5th.....this would never have happened last year...so I am encouraged by that...but we need some pitchers to just throw strikes and pitch "decent," instead of giving high-octanc offenses free baserunners every single inning.