***///--the Official Kansas City Royals Thread--\\\***

I hate Jim Rome.
I don't think I've EVER heard him make one single intelligent comment about baseball ever...from what I've heard he seems to know his football pretty well.....but that's about it. I don't hate him, I think he is funny SOMEtimes...but I don't ever really put too much stock into anything he says..he just goes to the extreme with everything just to try and grab ratings.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly that was one of the best game's I've ever seen. Instant classic. I wasn't even rooting that hard for the Royals. I definitely like them but I also like the A's, mostly because Jon Lester.

DEAD TO ME (SS) standing on 2nd base.....two outs....1-0 count on Mientkiewicz......ball thrown in the dirt and blocked by the catcher Ivan Rodriguez, who has the strongest throwing arm of all time....oh, but what was that that DEAD TO ME (SS) tried to do?? Oh yeah..he tries to steal 3rd base and is thrown out. Awesome. That's DEAD TO ME (SS) in a f*cking nutshell. What a f*cking retard that guy is. His OPS is below .600 and he is literally the stupidest player of all time......how bad does he have to get before we FINALLY get rid of this guy...what a joke of a player he is..

05/23/06--Tigers 8, Royals 5Winning Pitcher: Zumaya (2-0, 3.48)Losing Pitcher: Dessens (2-4, 3.86)Box Score: http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/boxscor...detmlb_kcamlb_1Game Recap: Another loss. Bullpen blew the game after Hernandez started the game off okay. Offense was decent. Pitching has gotten flat out atrocious, after being solid for a few weeks they've turned into a complete joke. Changes gotta happen...don't know what Glass is waiting for. Joke Joke Joke Joke.

05/24/06--Detroit Tigers (31-14) vs. Kansas City Royals (10-33); 7:10 CTStarting Pitchers: Jeremy Bonderman (4-3, 4.66) vs. Jimmy Gobble (0-0, 5.14)Starting Lineups:Tigers CF Curtis Granderson (45 G, .268 BA, .363 OBP, 8 HR, 20 RBI, .845 OPS)2B Placido Polanco (37 G, .303 BA, .314 OBP, 1 HR, 14 RBI, .663 OPS)C Ivan Rodriguez (39 G, .293 BA, .326 OBP, 2 HR, 15 RBI, .722 OPS)RF Magglio Ordonez (43 G, .327 BA, .368 OBP, 11 HR, 31 RBI, .946 OPS)SS Carlos Guillen (44 G, .325 BA, .403 OBP, 6 HR, 27 RBI, .949 OPS)1B Chris Shelton (45 G, .317 BA, .380 OBP, 11 HR, 28 RBI, .995 OPS)DH Omar Infante (17 G, .321 BA, .357 OBP, 0 HR, 4 RBI, .791 OPS)LF Marcus Thames (21 G, .306 BA, .386 OBP, 6 HR, 8 RBI, 1.047 OPS)3B Brandon Inge (43 G, .230 BA, .306 OBP, 10 HR, 26 RBI, .809 OPS)Royals CF Shane Costa (23 G, .307 BA, .338 OBP, 3 HR, 8 RBI, .831 OPS)2B Mark Grudzielanek (38 G, .322 BA, .362 OBP, 2 HR, 10 RBI, .809 OPS)1B Doug Mientkiewicz (40 G, .250 BA, .338 OBP, 0 HR, 12 RBI, 668 OPS)RF Reggie Sanders (32 G, .228 BA, .250 OBP, 6 HR, 21 RBI, .697 OPS)DH Matt Stairs (26 G, .225 BA, .325 OBP, 3 HR, 10 RBI, .748 OPS)LF DEAD TO ME (40 G, .235 BA, .312 OBP, 4 HR, 17 RBI, .709 OPS)3B Tony Graffanino (29 G, .233 BA, .313 OBP, 2 HR, 11 RBI, .673 OPS)C Paul Bako (19 G, .200 BA, .217 OBP, 0 HR, 4 RBI, .417 OPS)SS DEAD TO ME (41 G, .238 BA, .248 OBP, 2 HR, 13 RBI, .579 OPS)-Why is Doug Mientkiewicz batting third? Noone has a f*cking clue.-Why is Tony Graffanino at third instead of Esteban German? Noone has a f*cking clue. Guess you don't want that .472 OBP at the top of your lineup too much.........-Why is John Buck not playing? Noone has a f*cking clue. Guess you got to get Bako and his bad defense and his .400 OPS in the lineup as much as possible.

I honestly think that if we had a different manager, we'd be 8-10 games better. What Bell is doing to our team has GOT to be the biggest joke in the history of sports.Example: Our pitcher, Gobble, a long reliever from the bullpen who has started a lot in the past, has got through four innings on 59 pitches, giving up 1 run on 3 hits while striking out 3 and walking none. His last inning, the 4th, was very strong and he appears to be in a pretty good groove. But wait...that's right, Buddy Bell is the manager, so Bell yanks him. WHAT THE F*CK!?!??! Gobble has thrown 50+ pitches 3 times this year....and has a very durable arm....but no no no no......Bell pulls him despite cruising pretty well...and the next guy goes on to give up 4 runs. Just f*cking rediculous. Also, there is the case of Justin Huber. Called up when he shouldn't be, every other team in the majors would've DH'ed him over Matt Stairs every game, to continue his development. What does Bell do?? Benches him. Gotta get the .220 hitting 38 year old Matt Stairs his at-bats, he says...just f*cking rediculous. Then, after Huber goes back to the minors, he is now in a terrible slump. Oh, but don't worry, Bell says his development wasn't hurt by sitting on the bench for two weeks. Also, now Huber is being tried out in LF, despite us having an abundance of outfield prospects in the minors. Why? Noone has a clue, but that's what Bell wanted. Who the f*ck takes their hot 1B prospect who is projected as a star in the majors and "tries them out in left field." F*cking retarded. Oh, but don't worry, there's more. Esteban German's near .500 OBP isn't enough to earn him a starting job over Tony Graffanino. Graffy's .220 batting average and little power and decent glove and little speed is too much for German and his great plate discipline, great speed, decent glove and his outstanding bat to overcome. Same with John Buck. Guess his potential isn't enough to prevent the .400 OPS and horrid defense of Paul Bako from starting every other game. Don't worry, DEAD TO ME's (SS) sub .600 OPS and constant baserunning and fielding mistakes and worst range in the majors isn't enough to get him less playing time either.Buddy Bell has gone straight to the top of the DEAD TO ME list. This b*tch is f*ckin' up!

Please beat the Tigers for us sometime. We would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.Love,The White Sox

Please beat the Tigers for us sometime. We would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.Love,The White Sox
Not gonna happen. You'll have to take care of them yourself........and that may be a lot easier said than done...ChiSox-Tigers-Indians could be a pretty sick battle this summer (and yes, I do think the Indians will get hot at some point and get right back in the race).
Not gonna happen. You'll have to take care of them yourself........and that may be a lot easier said than done...ChiSox-Tigers-Indians could be a pretty sick battle this summer (and yes, I do think the Indians will get hot at some point and get right back in the race).
I did think that but now I don't see them catching us.
I did think that but now I don't see them catching us.
mm...their offense is loaded and now they are getting Sabathia back in full force....which could really stabilize that rotation as the summer goes on...9 games back isn't that much considering it isn't even June yet...I think they'll be in the race by mid-August and then who knows...I'm sticking with my prediction of them winning the division.BTW...Cleveland was 11.5 back at this point last year and were 8 back as late as August 25 of last year and came back and nearly caught the ChiSox up until the last series last year...so I think they have the run in them as their offense is better than last year and I think their pitching will return to form....intersting battle in what is by far the best division in baseball though..I'm not sure any other team in baseball could keep up with the leaders in the AL Central this year....

6-0 Royals...bases loaded for the Tigers, 1 out...Bautista gets a ground ball to SS for the inning ending double play!Oh wait, that's right, DEAD TO ME (SS) is playing shortstop and makes an error. Routine. But yeah, Buddy Bell likes the way his *** looks, so he plays.And the biggest joke in sports continues. Right after putting up 6 in the first, Bautista walks 2, hits a batter, gives up two measly singles, and DEAD TO ME (SS) makes a gigantic error on a routine grounder and we've given back 3 of the runs already.

Maybe..but only because he's in New York.
Because he's in NY more people know about it. But there is no way Buddy Bell is doing a worse job than Zeke. He mortgaged the future for an absolutely horrendous present... and somehow still has a job. They will be horrendous for at least the next 5 years.At least the Royals have some good young players to build on once they get there.
Suck it, Yankees.
Oh yea I forgot to congratulate you last night. I work with all Yankee fans so it was a lot of fun watching the game last night and rooting for the Royals
Oh yea I forgot to congratulate you last night. I work with all Yankee fans so it was a lot of fun watching the game last night and rooting for the Royals
Thank you...feels good to get the occasional win........don't worry though, we'll find a way to humiliate ourselves in losing the next 12 games we play..lol.

05/27/06--Kansas City Royals (11-35) vs. New York Yankees (26-20); 3:05 CTStarting Pitchers: Jeremy Affeldt (2-4, 6.51) vs. Chien-Ming Wang (4-2, 4.43)Starting Lineups:Royals CF Shane Costa (26 G, .294 BA, .337 OBP, 3 HR, 10 RBI, .796 OPS)2B Mark Grudzielanek (40 G, .317 BA, .355 OBP, 2 HR, 10 RBI, .789 OPS)1B Doug Mientkiewicz (43 G, .248 BA, .333 OBP, 1 HR, 13 RBI, .682 OPS)LF DEAD TO ME (43 G, .242 BA, .312 OBP, 4 HR, 20 RBI, .714 OPS)DH Matt Stairs (29 G, .238 BA, .326 OBP, 4 HR, 13 RBI, .776 OPS)3B Tony Graffanino (32 G, .245 BA, .321 OBP, 3 HR, 13 RBI, .709 OPS)RF Aaron Guiel (17 G, .190 BA, .320 OBP, 3 HR, 6 RBI, .772 OPS)SS DEAD TO ME (44 G, .248 BA, .262 OBP, 4 HR, 17 RBI, .641 OPS)C John Buck (35 G, .255 BA, .308 OBP, 2 HR, 12 RBI, .706 OPS)Yankees CF Johnny Damon (45 G, .287 BA, .358 OBP, 5 HR, 25 RBI, .789 OPS)SS Derek Jeter (46 G, .353 BA, .441 OBP, 5 HR, 35 RBI, .963 OPS)DH Gary Sheffield (27 G, .309 BA, .374 OBP, 4 HR, 19 RBI, .829 OPS)1B Jason Giambi (43 G, .265 BA, .462 OBP, 12 HR, 37 RBI, 1.045 OPS)3B Alex Rodriguez (46 G, .284 BA, .383 OBP, 11 HR, 36 RBI, .895 OPS)RF Bernie Williams (42 G, .262 BA, .307 OBP, 2 HR, 20 RBI, .669 OPS)2B Miguel Cairo (17 G, .200 BA, .273 OBP, 0 HR, 6 RBI, .548 OPS)LF Melky Cabrera (14 G, .295 BA, .380 OBP, 0 HR, 5 RBI, .698 OPS)C Kelly Stinnett (18 G, .163 BA, .234 OBP, 0 HR, 5 RBI, .443 OPS)Second straight game that Esteban German is not starting...guess that .397 batting average, or that .476 On Base Percentage, or that .942 OPS just isn't quite good enough to unseat the immortal Tony Graffanino from the 3B position...un-f*cking-believable how retarded our manager is....

Scott Elarton said it best.....When nobody cares, nothing will change. It is sad to see........GO INDIANS!!!!!!
boooooooooo indians

Back to the usual routine....time to get rid of Affeldt, Hernandez, and Redman. Put Gobble, Keppel, and Wood in their spot..or bring up Ed Yarnell from the minors. The younger guys can't do any worse and can't prove how good they can be unless given the shot. Our current guys are shot.