***///--the Official Kansas City Royals Thread--\\\***

I'd say the Royals have a better shot at making the postseason than the Jays, only because of the divisions they play in. Sorry, but the Rays and Red Sox are simply going to outclass the Blue Jays..and probably the Yanks too. The AL Central...everyone is flawed...and significantly so.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly that was one of the best game's I've ever seen. Instant classic. I wasn't even rooting that hard for the Royals. I definitely like them but I also like the A's, mostly because Jon Lester.

I'd say the Royals have a better shot at making the postseason than the Jays, only because of the divisions they play in. Sorry, but the Rays and Red Sox are simply going to outclass the Blue Jays..and probably the Yanks too. The AL Central...everyone is flawed...and significantly so.
Id agree with this too. Baseball Prospectus's PECOTA projected standings have the Royals making the players over 13% with the Jays being just over 11%.
bet?
bet?
I'm not gonna bet when there's about a 90% chance that both teams don't make the playoffs. You REALLY think that the Jays are better than both the BoSox and Rays?? Come on. I'm not saying the Royals are the better team, btw.Tonight's game is apparently being played with THE SMALLEST STRIKE ZONE, EVER!!! Both pitchers are getting squeezed, BIG TIME...I mean..pitches right down the middle are consistenly a ball. This is nuts..at least so far.

I think Mike Sweeney is gay. The Mariners won on a walkoff tonight and he couldn't wait to go kiss Jose Lopez. He was gushing about chemistry and shit. Is this well known in KC? I don't ever remember seeing him talk before.

I think Mike Sweeney is gay. The Mariners won on a walkoff tonight and he couldn't wait to go kiss Jose Lopez. He was gushing about chemistry and shit. Is this well known in KC? I don't ever remember seeing him talk before.
Sounds about right.

Up one going to the bottom of the 8th, really need to pull this one out. Man the Twins are frustrating, every time the Royals score they seem to match it in the bottom half.

No idea how we won that game. Both teams played awful defense. Good win though, good to see Soria is back.....and the offense is getting there. It's better.

No idea how we won that game. Both teams played awful defense. Good win though, good to see Soria is back.....and the offense is getting there. It's better.
Yeah it's definitely been better lately, but they've faced a lot of young, just-breaking-in type of guys lately. I mean they did what they are supposed to do, but I'd sure like them to beat up on an above average proven pitcher one of these days.Games with more than 6 runs scored:Vs. Cle (Pavano) W 9-3Tex (Harrison) W 12-3Cle (Laffey) L 7-8Tor (Purcey) W 7-1Tor (Tallet) W 11-3Tor (Burres) W 8-6Min (Perkins) W 10-7Against Sabathia, Pettite, Cliff Lee they scored combined 4 runs (1-2). Obviously those games were a while back but my point is they haven't gone against anyone notable lately. All that being said, Butler looks to be getting his swing back, Crisp has been amazing thus far, and everyone seems to be getting that 2-out RISP clutch hit, which is nice for a change.
Yeah it's definitely been better lately, but they've faced a lot of young, just-breaking-in type of guys lately. I mean they did what they are supposed to do, but I'd sure like them to beat up on an above average proven pitcher one of these days.Games with more than 6 runs scored:Vs. Cle (Pavano) W 9-3Tex (Harrison) W 12-3Cle (Laffey) L 7-8Tor (Purcey) W 7-1Tor (Tallet) W 11-3Tor (Burres) W 8-6Min (Perkins) W 10-7Against Sabathia, Pettite, Cliff Lee they scored combined 4 runs (1-2). Obviously those games were a while back but my point is they haven't gone against anyone notable lately. All that being said, Butler looks to be getting his swing back, Crisp has been amazing thus far, and everyone seems to be getting that 2-out RISP clutch hit, which is nice for a change.
True, but our division doesn't exactly how a lot of "great" pitchers. Lee, maybe Liriano and Verlander at times...Danks...that's probably about it. Our offense actually isn't THAT bad........below average, but not terrible.

14-11 after a comeback win to take two of three in Minnesota.This team isn't bad. I worry that our manager is going to keep making awful decisions that hurt us.....but as far as the players are concerned, the pitching is legit solid, elite closer, and the offense is clearly improving........I see no reason why we can't hang around all year, except for what Hillman might do....

That win today was really impressive. Getting no-hit into the 7th, then rally to take a 5-4 lead....are you freaking kidding me? This team is so different than every Royals team the last 15 years or so. It's hard for me to keep watching sometimes because I am so ingrained with the notion that once they get down, there is zero chance of them coming back, or if they are up by 1 or 2, they will blow it. Those thoughts are just natural for a beaten-down Royals fan I think, (maybe other teams too? I don't know) but dammit this team is different you can just see i in these games that, they are not going to roll over, and the opposition better not give them a opening because they are going to pounce.

KowboyKoop, are the Royals for real this year? I trust your judgment more than anyone. :club:
Given the mediocrity of the division, I'll say yes.....but I'm not that confident about it. 84 wins wouldn't be much of a surprise to me..and that's probably enough to hang around the race all year. They are a decent team...just a matter of whether decent is going to win the division.