***///--the Official Kansas City Royals Thread--\\\***

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly that was one of the best game's I've ever seen. Instant classic. I wasn't even rooting that hard for the Royals. I definitely like them but I also like the A's, mostly because Jon Lester.

Sick game by Greinke. Nice to have him on my keeper team.
Let the Cy Young talk begin. I knew he was on when he gave up that leadoff triple and stranded him at 3rd. He still doesn't seem like he's had his best stuff so far this year... but it's good enough!

Somebody better start talking about Zack Greinke. The changeup that he refined in ST has been spectacular....makes his FB even better. The quality of his stuff hasn't been the best he's ever had (though it's clearly been very good), but he has four legitimately great pitches now...FB that he can dial up to 96-97 if necessary, but can spot perfectly at 92-93, a chaneup in the 77-79 range, a curveball that he can throw from mid-70s to 61 mph, and a falling off a cliff slider at 85-88. Combine that with being a genius...wow.

Hey Koop, what the hell happened to Tim Melville from last year's draft? I can't find him on any rosters and can't find any info on him being injured. Any idea?
From what I can tell, he's in extended spring training (I think that's what they call it) and will open in Rookie-ball later in the year. Nothing to worry about.
Man, Mike Jacobs and Coco Crisp have been awesome so far.
Mike Jacobs will give you 25-35 Homeruns. But he will also end up around .250 and he will strike out a lot when you desperately need some contact.Enjoy.
Mike Jacobs will give you 25-35 Homeruns. But he will also end up around .250 and he will strike out a lot when you desperately need some contact. Oh, and flub a pretty routine groundball late in the game to pretty much cost a run.Enjoy.
FYPLOL Farnsworth, Jacobs, and Callaspo (defensively speaking of course) doing what they do to lose that game yesterday. I have no complaints with Jacobs and Callaspo really, I mean they are both hitting well enough, but I laughed out loud when they looked like little leaguers booting the ball around and such. Callaspo should have thrown that runner out by 10 feet. Oh well, if they win 3 out of every 4 series all year, they will make the playoffs. The thing I like about the team is that it seems they are not even playing all that well, and yet they are 7-5. The pitching cannot sustain pace the they are on so I hope the bats come around.Farnsworth sucks.
Mike Jacobs will give you 25-35 Homeruns. But he will also end up around .250 and he will strike out a lot when you desperately need some contact.Enjoy.
He'll be better than Ross Gload gave us.....especially if Hillman ever gets non-retarded and uses him at DH the majority of the time.
He'll be better than Ross Gload gave us.....especially if Hillman ever gets non-retarded and uses him at DH the majority of the time.
probably. ironically, gload has played pretty well for the Marlins so far with a handful of clutch hits.
FYPLOL Farnsworth, Jacobs, and Callaspo (defensively speaking of course) doing what they do to lose that game yesterday. I have no complaints with Jacobs and Callaspo really, I mean they are both hitting well enough, but I laughed out loud when they looked like little leaguers booting the ball around and such. Callaspo should have thrown that runner out by 10 feet. Oh well, if they win 3 out of every 4 series all year, they will make the playoffs. The thing I like about the team is that it seems they are not even playing all that well, and yet they are 7-5. The pitching cannot sustain pace the they are on so I hope the bats come around.Farnsworth sucks.
Yesterday's loss is 97% Hillman. You gotta be some kind of superidiot to keep going to Farnsworth in those spots when you have a bullpen/closer like ours. Juan Cruz and Joakim Soria are potentially the top back end tandem in the game...yet Kyle Farnsworth has been put into three crucial spots already for no reason and it has resulted in three losses.The scary part....Hillman won't hesitate to do it again. Farnsworth ending up with 15 losses this year won't surprise me one bit.

your next on our hit list this should be an easy 7th seris logo_torontobluejays.gif

your next on our hit list this should be an easy 7th seris
You best win the first tonight, because Meche and Greinke are fucking dealing. You'll be lucky to score 3 runs total in the middle 2 games.

still 3 games to go

This is why I don't go off bragging or prophesizing series wins, you can really look stupid if it goes wrong.Bannister giving up 6 walks, yikes. Barely half of his pitches were strikes.I think there's a legit shot at us (Jays) getting swept going by pitching match-ups alone.

This is why I don't go off bragging or prophesizing series wins, you can really look stupid if it goes wrong.Bannister giving up 6 walks, yikes. Barely half of his pitches were strikes.I think there's a legit shot at us (Jays) getting swept going by pitching match-ups alone.
I don't know about that, our offense looked decent yesterday, but overall it's hard to imagine our offense providing enough to sweep anybody. I expected a split before the series started. We'll see.
Yeah, but now you have to win all three in order for you to not like teh dumb.
hey I will even take a tie. But did I see something about not getting more than 3 runs by the pitchers in games 2 and 3
You best win the first tonight, because Meche and Greinke are ****ing dealing. You'll be lucky to score 3 runs total in the middle 2 games
score now is what 5-1 for Jays mid 7th, who's looking dumb lol
hey I will even take a tie. But did I see something about not getting more than 3 runs by the pitchers in games 2 and 3score now is what 5-1 for Jays mid 7th, who's looking dumb lol
Not from me. You're the one talking about how easy of a series this would be. I'm still trying to figure out what all these Blue Jays fans think they have to brag about recently...seem to be a loud bunch.......just keep praying that the BoSox and Yanks move out of your division so you have a shot to make the playoffs in the next 20 years.
Not from me. You're the one talking about how easy of a series this would be. I'm still trying to figure out what all these Blue Jays fans think they have to brag about recently...seem to be a loud bunch.......just keep praying that the BoSox and Yanks move out of your division so you have a shot to make the playoffs in the next 20 years.
yankee's don't have a team to worry about, and Boston well we will see. Listening to Joe Carter's in yesterday's telecast he has a good feeling about this years team. In fact he talked about and compared them to our team of 92 when we started this well and won the WS
I said you'd be lucky, Meche was hurt, pretty lucky for you.
luck or skill lol 8-1 final love those bats