***///--the Official Kansas City Royals Thread--\\\***

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly that was one of the best game's I've ever seen. Instant classic. I wasn't even rooting that hard for the Royals. I definitely like them but I also like the A's, mostly because Jon Lester.

Horacio Ramirez couldn't even make it out of the 1st inning in his first ST appearence. Hopefully that will happen five more times so that he has zero chance of making the rotation.
Amen
  • 1 month later...
Horacio Ramirez couldn't even make it out of the 1st inning in his first ST appearence. Hopefully that will happen five more times so that they can put him in the rotation with freaking Sidney Ponson regardless of how they performed during spring training.
FYPI guess the rotation was pretty locked in going in to ST, except for Ponson. BTW Fuck Sidney Ponson. (unless he kicks ass then we trade him)

Ponson in the rotation I can live with. Don't like it, but not the end of the world. Sending Hochevar and Bannister to Omaha allows us to have more overall rotation depth...so I can see where DM is coming from there, though if it were me, Hochevar would've been a lock for the rotation no matter what. Whatever. HoRam in the rotation is awful, but I'm holding out hope he only gets one start and then just becomes our longman, it sounds like they are kind of hedging their bet as far as that goes........we'll see.TPJ makes the team. Retarded.Shealy sent to Omaha. Retarded.Gload traded away. YAY!!We're going 79-83 this year. Book it. Small improvement. If Davies is legit and Gordon or Butler break out, we'll contend for a while, since no team is very good. If both of them break out...well, I won't dream too big there yet. The biggest thing this year will be watching a lot of our prospects move from the lower minors to the AA levels..as well as a few arms at AA moving to AAA and KC at the end of the year. Our farm system should take a strong step forward this year, right now it is middle of the pack, I expect it to be in the 7-9 range by the beginning of next season.

Yeah, I see the point of doing what they did, with the options, etc. But, I kinda wish they wouldn't feed the crap about open competition for the rotation, when they pretty much knew Ramirez was slotted in. Oh well, I guess they can't tip their hand/let Bannister and Hochever know they have no chance. I hope they all do well, but I do see the possibility of Ramirez becoming long relief LHP, so I got that going for me. I think your read is about right on, I am hoping for a .500 season though. Oh, I haven't looked into it completely (obv.) TPJ MADE THE TEAM!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Holy shit I would have bet my house he was gone.2B situation been cleared up any? Seems like the questions at the start of ST are pretty much the same now. From what I've heard they are planning a platoon situation or what? <<<confused,.edit- got free tix for saturday, but can't go. brag and beat.

Yeah, I see the point of doing what they did, with the options, etc. But, I kinda wish they wouldn't feed the crap about open competition for the rotation, when they pretty much knew Ramirez was slotted in. Oh well, I guess they can't tip their hand/let Bannister and Hochever know they have no chance. I hope they all do well, but I do see the possibility of Ramirez becoming long relief LHP, so I got that going for me. I think your read is about right on, I am hoping for a .500 season though. Oh, I haven't looked into it completely (obv.) TPJ MADE THE TEAM!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Holy shit I would have bet my house he was gone.2B situation been cleared up any? Seems like the questions at the start of ST are pretty much the same now. From what I've heard they are planning a platoon situation or what? <<<confused,.edit- got free tix for saturday, but can't go. brag and beat.
I think it's almost a guarantee that HoRam won't get many starts, probably 5-6 at the most. DM has already stated somewhere (can't remember well) that he sees HoRam as a longman in the bullpen eventually. Somebody said that if we hold Hochevar down until mid-May, we gain an extra year of service time with him, so I think that is what will happen. We don't need a #5 starter very often in April, so HoRam will get some spot starts and then we'll call Hochevar up in mid-may. As for Ponson...I don't know.....I guess there's a chance he could pitch servicably..he did last year, but I still don't like it. Hopefully he has a short leash. I'd rather see Bannister, but it's not like Banny did anything to scream that he deserves a spot either.Teahen is the starting 2B to start the year, but expect Callaspo to get plenty of time there. I think Bloomquist will be more of the utility guy. He'll be hitting 3rd in the Opening Day lineup (ugh). I am not a Trey Hillman fan right now. I think Callaspo should be the starter at 2nd, but I'm okay with giving Teahen a look, but hitting him 3rd? Bullsh*t.

God Trey Hillman is a retard.I don't mind Farnsworth being on the team, but he clearly should not be the primary set up guy. When you have a fully rested Juan Cruz and Joakim Soria, letting Farnsworth pitch in that spot is flat out unacceptable. I know it's not happening soon, but I think Hillman should be fired. He has been absolute garbage since the day he got here. He has done nothing right since he got here. He has no idea what baseball is about.

After the debacle of Tuesday, it sure is nice to take a series from the Sox. It'd sure be nice to drive in some runners on occasion though, I don't think 324 runs for the year is going to cut it. Butler looks like garbage, hope he gets it turned around. He looks totally lost up there from what I've seen. I hope Davies can break out this year, combine him with Meche and Greinke, and Ponson can be below average and we'll still be in the hunt. Oh, nice to see Greinke get aggressive with Quentin yesterday, dude is all out over the plate then gets pissed about being hit? Better get used to it.

I watched all the games on the ChiSox broadcast..and my god what a bunch of whiny babies.In the opener, two of our batters got hit. None of theirs.In the 2nd game, Carlos Quentin stands directly on the plate and Greinke throws one inside, which can't be anywhere but at him. Next AB, same thing and it hits him. I have no doubt that Greinke was trying to get him off the plate, but my god all they talked about the rest of the game was about how they owned Greinke some payback and how we were always a team trying to do this type of thing.Then, in today's game, Gordon gets hit and they say "well, can't blame Danks, Gordon pretty much hit himself there."Stunning stupidity there.As for actual baseball discussion..if Davies is for real, we might have the best 1-3 pitchers in the division...the offense will be below average, but should be better than last year. Butler will be fine I think. Also, Guillen left the game today with an apparent injury, I hope it's serious so that Teahen can play RF and Callaspo can play 2B. That's a defensive upgrade at two positions and Callaspo's OBP is exactly what this lineup needs.Jose Guillen has been a complete and total bust. It was obvious he was way overpaid from the second he signed, but my god, he still could've been an okay player, but nope.....he just completely fell off the face of the Earth. He can barely even run out in the OF and can't even spell patience.

Pretty happy with the 2-1 start, should have been 3-0. Everyone is talking about the homer Thome hit on Farnswerth, Thome crushes right handed pitchers and crushes fastballs, that matchup is just bad for Farnswerth and with a Lefty warm in the bullpen the right decision was to make a call to the bullpen. Management misstep IMO. Also need to cut down on the strikeouts, just way to many. Guillen looks horrible.

How close are we to this with the offense?PanicButton.jpgI know it's been cold (not really here in KC last two days) and we've faced tough pitching (major league pitching, not like an all-star team or anything), but damn can we get a 3 run "explosion" some day?Oh, and Hillman is quickly falling out of favor with me. Not that he was one of my favorites before or anything, I had just kinda given him the benefit of the doubt. 3 leftys as your 3-4-5 against Pettite? Seems a little silly seeing as how he seemed to go out of his way to RLRL last season.

Panic about the offense?? No....but it is going to be a below average offense. I still think it'll be better than last years by a little bit. No Gathright, Gload, or TPJ getting so many ABs. Little more power in the lineup. Gordon and Butler should be fine, despite how bad they look.After 20-25 games, then we can re-evaluate. It is super frustrating to watch a team-wide slump...but it happens.

4-3Royals can pitchOffense coming around a little bit?
I hope so. I don't know if you caught the FSN broadcast last night, but Ryan Lefebvre basically called Jacobs' HR right before he hit it. He was going on about how his swing is looking much better, and that he thinks we'd see his first HR real soon. This was all during the at-bat that he ended up hitting it. It was interesting, and I was actually thinking the same thing right before he said it.Jamey Wright looks pretty good, Greinke is outstanding, Meche is continuing to prove his contract was more a bargain than overspending. Moore continues his streak of bullpen building thus far. We'll see if Ponson and Ramirez can be mediocre enough to stick around, I doubt it. 33 days til Hochever?Seems that Teahen's days at 2B might be over.

Jacob's 2nd HR as a Royal was a big time blast. Too bad it came in a loss. Teahen baserunning gaffe really hurt, but it happens. 5-4 as we head to Texas for 3. I'll be happy winning one against that offense...perhaps our offense can step it up though. Jacobs and Butler are hopefully coming around...hopefully Gordon follows. The offense has been really unlucky so far..lot of line drives (BABIP is way too low for what our team LD% is...before today's game we had a LD% of 21 and a BABIP of .269, that's major bad lucky there, the BABIP should be in the .320-.330 range with that LD%...that's pretty significant.)

Gordon is having hip surgery. No timetable on when he'll return. Mitch Maier up from AAA. Look for him to start in RF, Teahen to 3B, Callaspo at 2B.That's what the smart manager would do...but we have Trey Hillman, so....who knows what could happen. Hopefully Gordon doesn't miss too long...we'll see.

Man, Mike Jacobs and Coco Crisp have been awesome so far.
Agreed. Both with OPS of 1+! I didn't realize that Crisp has already drawn 10 walks, and has 3 triples. Jacobs is interesting to watch, you just don't know if he's going to go deep or K, and it's pretty much one of the two it seems. I hope they give Gordon a "rehab" assignment to AAA for a couple weeks. Maybe he can get right down there and come back on fire. Teahen is hitting the ball pretty well, not much slug but a .351 avg can't really complain.Edit- LOL I didn't catch last night's game, I didn't realize he went 5-6 last night (Teahen).

Hey Koop, what the hell happened to Tim Melville from last year's draft? I can't find him on any rosters and can't find any info on him being injured. Any idea?