Actors Playing Poker Players

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's try thisThe burnout actor and loser at life:DowneyJrRobert.jpgAs the burnout crew member and loser at life:c20050712_001_04.jpg
I'll assume that you don't know any better for that crew member is going through some serious mental illness and is taking lithium to prevent him from seeing things.Not really all that funny.

Some people surmise his "mental illness" is just another way to get attention and promote his image with out-take videos at the WSOP. I'm not sure what I believe, but I wouldn't put it past him.Oh and, yes, I like the comparison to Robert Downey Jr.

I had an uncle who had bipolar manic depression, and it really isn't that serious as long as he stays medicated. If they go off the medication then it gets to be serious, but they're really normal most of the time, so I don't think Dutch can use this as a complete crutch for how he ****ed up.

I ain't a big expert on the trials and tribulations of Mr. Boyd, but I saw his performance in the Razz event at WSOP 2004 against Cloutier and Lederer and I think even Fischman was acknowledging that Boyd was playing like a donkey. This I believe was before any mentall illness came up.

I had an uncle who had bipolar manic depression, and it really isn't that serious as long as he stays medicated. If they go off the medication then it gets to be serious, but they're really normal most of the time, so I don't think Dutch can use this as a complete crutch for how he ****ed up.
i have an uncle that suffers from some mental problems. I believe manic depression. he stopped taking his meds a few years ago and went pretty nuts.it's really quite sad...i really have no idea what's quite happened to the guy...he just kinda went off and i guess has returned here and there but it's not good...i remember he went to mexico for a period of time i think...i'd say more...but it's kinda hard when the guy disappears and stuff...i guess people from my family have randomly seen him, but that's about it...- Jordan

I had a faternity brother that was MD and it was pretty scary. Things get crazy around the fraternity house, especially around exams, and one day we realized we hadn't seen him in 24 hours. We ran to his room and he was just sitting in there with the lights out mumbling. something happened and his medication was off-balance or something. It was really crazy and scary as hell for all of us. Can't even imagine what it was like for him.

Also, Vince Van patten would play himself, obviously.
He can't act! Maybe he could be played by a real actor...Richard "****" VanPatten.They look a good bit alike.
What comedies has Giamatti done? Besides Man on the Moon, but that was not even comedy really. Plus he wasn't the funny one.I think he plays the straight man better than Keaton any day.
Don't laugh, I don't see a lot of movies.......The Truman Show, My Best Friend's Wedding, Big Fat LiarI wouldn't argue on the straightman thing....that's not how I see BlackI see Black as being humourous, but with a darker or deceptive side.The roles I have seen Giamatti in (admittedly, I have not seen a lot of his work) have been very one-dimensional, so I haven't seen the DEPTH there. Attention all Giamatti fans....I'm not saying he isn't good, I'm saying the roles I've seen him in were not meant to be portrayed as characters with depth.