Poker Room skinLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $2/$49 playersConverterHero is dealt J :D , 10 :) in the BB.Pre-flop: (9 players) 2 folds, MP1 raises, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, 2 folds, SB calls, Hero calls.Flop: 3 :D , K :D , 9 :) (8SB, 4 players)SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets, 2 folds, Hero calls.Turn:8 :club: (5BB, 2 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets, BB calls.River:7 :) (7BB, 2 players)Hero checks...Plan on the river is c/c.Anyone play this hand differently?

Poker Room skinLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $2/$49 playersConverterHero is dealt J :D , 10 :) in the BB.Pre-flop: (9 players) 2 folds, MP1 raises, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, 2 folds, SB calls, Hero calls.Flop: 3 :D , K :D , 9 :) (8SB, 4 players)SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets, 2 folds, Hero calls.Turn:8 :club: (5BB, 2 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets, BB calls.River:7 :) (7BB, 2 players)Hero checks...Plan on the river is c/c.Anyone play this hand differently?
Yeah, I'm leading out and calling. I don't think a flush bets the flop here unless it's a baby. But nothing he would raise with pre-flop matches up with betting a small flush on the flop.Anyway, probly 99 or AK.

Check/raise the flop when it's folded to you if you're going to continue - assuming he's capable of folding a pairIt's a scary flop for a lot of hands and you can get a lot of better hands to fold. AQ or AJ no spade is dumping this on the flop in a second. A pair below a K with no spade is often dumping it on the turn. Be more reluctant to if he shows himself to often call flop raises and then raise the turn with strong hands.You have an advantage in you now know that everyone else has folded. If this was into a large field, it's a fold. But with everyone else folding and the pot being as big as it is, it's worth taking a stab at it. It'll be 5BB's after your flop call, and cost you only an additional .5BB's to potentially take it down unimproved against a hand that is going to probably be a favorite... but not willing to show it down. Who calls down with ace high, or a mid pair with no spade? Some do. Some dont. If you've noticed he clals down with any piece, then dont do it. But a lot of players will fold here. You need to figure out which ones.You have no reason to believe that he has anything that he's prepared to show down. People put in continuation bets when checked to with basically nothing.

Ok, let's say I c/r the flop. What happens if he 3-bets? Do I call and then c/c the turn?If he just called my raise would I lead out on the turn?

Ok, let's say I c/r the flop. What happens if he 3-bets? Do I call and then c/c the turn?If he just called my raise would I lead out on the turn?
If I'm 3-bet, I'm calling the turn, and c/c the river if we hit the 4th spade, or our straight. I refuse to believe he's 3-betting the flush on the flop, most likely 2 pair or a set, or something like that, IMO.If he just calls, I'm not sure. I'd probably lead out on the turn, but its just setting ourselves up to get raised by a flush. I'm not sure about this one.As you played it. I'd c/r the river.- Zach

Abba's right about a flop c/r with regard to fold equity. The problem is that you probably should have that fold equity, but bad players won't give it to you. I'd say this is often the case at 2/4, and that you are better off just calling the flop.C/ring the flop also obligates you to bet the turn (checking would be pretty bad if you took that line IMO). The positives are that it gives you another way to win the hand (making your opponent fold). However, there are a variety of thigns your opponent can do on the turn that make checking much better than betting. The reliance upon fold equity for this line is too much to consider it at 2/4, but obviously it would be more effective at higher limits.You HAVE to c/r this river as played.

I think there are plenty of 2/4 players that will fold a pair below a king here.Against an 18/10/2, it works wonders.If he 3bets, you have to call and call the turn. And probably call the river if you pair up any of your cards, given how often people will play a lone on suit ace here aggressively the whole way.

Dump it on the flop. Not a good flop for your hand. You don't know if you're flush draw is even good. You're really drawing thin here. Just dump the hand and move on. No need to fight for a small pot in this situation.Since it got to the river I would check raise or bet/call. If he has tp he will call your c/r. So, c/r seems very profitable since it's likely he just has a pair and at most a set. If he flopped the nutflush he might have played it slower... (don't know depends on the player, no reads here). I think it's more than 2:1 that you have him beat so a c/r is +EV.