44 Miles Of Bad Road

5/10 FCP 5-handedI have 44 in the SBButton opens, I 3-bet, BB folds, Button calls.Flop is something like 26J rainbowI bet, he calls.Turn is TI bet, he calls.River is AI ....Button seems to steal less than i do, but i don't have enough hands with him to say for sure.

I like a bet. When he raises you, you can be pretty much sure he has you beat and fold. He will have a hard time raising you with less then two pair, since you played this hand like you actually got something. I still believe you have some decent folding equity against hands like 77-99, and some of the crap he might be stealing with.-edit- Hmm I didn't take into account that he might check behind with a better hand..although I think that chance is slim though -edit-

I'd check. Why bet? What's he going to fold with if you're beat? Betting here is a big mistake. Aso, I'd prefer throwing 44 away against a non-avid stealer. However, raising is the 2nd best option.

check and fold.
Yea, the board isn't exactly draw-heavy (i.e. he's gotta have something he's calling you with), and the hand you were hoping he had just got there.
Hmm, the pot is around 7 BB..can't we take a shot? We are getting a good price. I'm doing this occasionaly and it works for me. Its just 1/2 though.
what hands does villain call with that we beat?what hands does he fold that we beat us?