having a mean down session..but..there's this

PokerStars Game #1296159535: Hold'em Limit ($0.50/$1.00) - 2005/03/02 - 23:46:02 (ET)Table 'Feronia' Seat #3 is the buttonSeat 1: abiscotti ($26.75 in chips) Seat 2: bearsfan96 ($20.50 in chips) Seat 3: Fammy ($48.75 in chips) Seat 4: thecandle ($43.75 in chips) Seat 5: Filler25 ($13.25 in chips) Seat 7: opiate burn ($30.50 in chips) Seat 8: pokerweeney ($15 in chips) Seat 9: T.Undertaker ($23 in chips) Seat 10: RaZe_U ($9.50 in chips) thecandle: posts small blind $0.25Filler25: posts big blind $0.50jagboss138: sits out *** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to thecandle [Js Qs]opiate burn: folds pokerweeney: folds T.Undertaker: folds RaZe_U: folds abiscotti: calls $0.50bearsfan96: folds Fammy: folds thecandle: calls $0.25Filler25: checks *** FLOP *** [5d As Jc]thecandle: bets $0.50Filler25: folds abiscotti: calls $0.50*** TURN *** [5d As Jc] [Ks]thecandle: bets $1abiscotti: calls $1*** RIVER *** [5d As Jc Ks] [Ts]thecandle: bets $1abiscotti: raises $1 to $2thecandle: raises $1 to $3abiscotti: calls $1*** SHOW DOWN ***thecandle: shows [Js Qs] (a Royal Flush)abiscotti: mucks hand thecandle collected $10 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $10.50 | Rake $0.50 Board [5d As Jc Ks Ts]Seat 1: abiscotti mucked [Ah Td]Seat 2: bearsfan96 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: Fammy (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: thecandle (small blind) showed [Js Qs] and won ($10) with a Royal FlushSeat 5: Filler25 (big blind) folded on the FlopSeat 7: opiate burn folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: pokerweeney folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: T.Undertaker folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 10: RaZe_U folded before Flop (didn't bet)I don't really see the big deal, but there you go.Having a sweet combination of raising hands not hitting any flops. no one folding if I bet out on a missed flop and people floping quads and sets to my big pairs.Still only down about $20, through, through the occasional flopped flush when it's heads up with me and the SB, etc.

Congrats Smash! Funny how he decided to re-raise you on the river with two pair when it's four to the straight and a possible flush out there too. Good for you though. I'm currently learning limit at the same tables you are on Pokerstars. Didn't see you today but I too have a down day. Most of my big pairs held up but I got zero sets, 2 straights, and only 1 flush in close to 400 hands. I just couldn't hit any flops with AK, AQ, etc. Oh well better luck tomorrow. See ya thereJM Heel

well it seems that smash is finally found a game with player that are on the same skill level as him him. we all understand how many sharks are tearing up those .50/1 fixed games at ps. you keep at it smash, and congrats on getting out of the hole, go gettem tomorrow. Also dont be too proud to move down in limits if the .50/1 game proves to be too hard for you and you end up with a losing session, go back to .25/.50 we're all pullin for ya.

well it seems that smash is finally found a game with player that are on the same skill level as him him. we all understand how many sharks are tearing up those .50/1 fixed games at ps. you keep at it smash, and congrats on getting out of the hole, go gettem tomorrow. Also dont be too proud to move down in limits if the .50/1 game proves to be too hard for you and you end up with a losing session, go back to .25/.50 we're all pullin for ya.Should I come join you on the play money tables if the whole thing doesn't work out and I go broke?

smash when you go broke dont say that i didnt warn you. I m just tryin to help out and you had to get offensive. im just sayin that when a player starts having trouble at .50/1 maybe hes not much of a player, but hey there's more to life than poker. you are good at describing your sessions of taking all those quarters off of fish, so maybe go into writing. or better teach poker, since everyone knows "those who cant do teach".By the way any time you wanna play at those play money tables its on (or real money)

smash when you go broke dont say that i didnt warn you. I m just tryin to help out and you had to get offensive. im just sayin that when a player starts having trouble at .50/1 maybe hes not much of a player, but hey there's more to life than poker. you are good at describing your sessions of taking all those quarters off of fish, so maybe go into writing. or better teach poker, since everyone knows "those who cant do teach".By the way any time you wanna play at those play money tables its on (or real money)Good point, I'm only 26 winning sessions out of 28.That's pretty bad.

wow that response was fast. i already stated that you are doing a great job winning at .5/.10 and .25/.50. be proud. im just wondering what you are going to do with all that spare change you took off people that dont know that a flush beats a straight. maybe you could buy some gum.

Actually.. when I start tilting I'll target one player, a short stack, preferablly to my right somewhere, and I'll pick on him. Helps if he's a poor player, too. But I'll call him down, I'll study and carefully pick him apart. Not only do I get good reading practice, but he'll get a little fustrated with you to his left. Any money you lose to him will probably come back your way, too.Kind of see what I get at? I helps in limit, anyway.

wow that response was fast. i already stated that you are doing a great job winning at .5/.10 and .25/.50. be proud. im just wondering what you are going to do with all that spare change you took off people that dont know that a flush beats a straight. maybe you could buy some gum.Bout my wife a BMW with it last year, paid cash./shrug.

Where are you hanging out these days, Smash? It certainly ain't nighttime in Boston yetStill in Boston.Be in Vegas probably in June, have a wedding to go to in La in July, then be in vegas again.

I just played 1k hands on PS, and i had the worst luck. ON the off chance i got a pre flop hand good enough to raise it would never hit, or it would get facking rivered. Feels like every time i have the odds to chase the flush or straight it never hits for me, but it always hits the other guy today. Only down 10 but it feels like it should be more.

Sorry 'bout any of my monster hands you may have run into, blak. You really should tone down on the chatting, though. If people suck out on you without odds, that's a good thing, longterm. Don't chase the fishies away by berating their play. :D

haha hey was hopefully fun playin yesterday. Yeah I totally know i want the loose players to continue calling without odds but man when they hit sometimes i cant control myself. Overall i played all day yesterday and i went through many different phases lol, happy, sad, crazy, quiet... hah i had a good time though after like 6k hands.. ended up even lol

I somehow managed to eek out a small win tonight.Titlted a little bit, called a couple of hands down where I knew I was beat just to see what I was beat by.
I think this is the first time I have seen a spelling error from Smash -- you wanted "eke" in that first line. :-)I only point this out because I know how excellent your writing generally is. To your credit, I'm about 40% inclined to believe that it's an honest to goodness typo -- most people online don't get that kind of credit from me on much simpler words.Keep the great posts coming, Smash. I haven't been playing PStars much lately, but when I do I'm generally playing around the limits you're at now, and if I have any reason to go back any time soon, you can bet I'll shy away from any table with "thecandle" sitting at it.Cheers.
I only point this out because I know how excellent your writing generally is.
No offense to you or Smash, but I hope this was sarcasm. Smash always misspells things in his posts, just as I do, so I'm not sure where you got the idea that he was so incredible at spelling.Love the posts Smash, keep it up, we're all pulling for you. And I don't care what kinda session it was, it's always nice to get a Royal.
well it seems that smash is finally found a game with player that are on the same skill level as him him. we all understand how many sharks are tearing up those .50/1 fixed games at ps. you keep at it smash, and congrats on getting out of the hole, go gettem tomorrow. Also dont be too proud to move down in limits if the .50/1 game proves to be too hard for you and you end up with a losing session, go back to .25/.50 we're all pullin for ya.
You could cut the snideness in that post with a knife. Seems we've got another Smash-hater on board.
I only point this out because I know how excellent your writing generally is.
No offense to you or Smash, but I hope this was sarcasm. Smash always misspells things in his posts, just as I do, so I'm not sure where you got the idea that he was so incredible at spelling.Love the posts Smash, keep it up, we're all pulling for you. And I don't care what kinda session it was, it's always nice to get a Royal.
It actually wasn't sarcasm, but maybe that's just an indication that I haven't read enough of Smash's posts yet. More than anything, it's an expression of how impressed I am at the fact that unlike 90% of the internet, Smash clearly makes an effort when he's posting. (There are plenty of others here who do the same, but I've never even SEEN any of them use the word "eke" yet, not to mention spell it wrong.)Ah, well. Maybe I've made a fool of myself this time, but at least it's not as bad as last time when I tried to "correct" someone as to what the nut low was on an Omaha board where I used three hole cards to make it. Now THAT was stupid.