Least Favorite 'strong' Starting Hand?

My left one. It's pretty strong, but it always tires towards the end. When I'm switch hitting I have to bring in ol' righty to polish things off.
I love it.Probably AK, because my continuation bets with that hand always get called, and with that I just get confused and play dumb.
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe so many people said JJ. That's actually my favorite hand. I love it. It seems like I always flop a set, and if I don't I still usually win the pot. On PokerTracker, it was actually ahead of AA for profit for my first 20,000 hands or so. Also, during my best live session, it went 6 for 6 for me, with about 4 of those being capped pots. (In Montana, no pot is allowed to get larger than $300.) Maybe I'm just good at playing jacks though. I did make a nice fold with JJ preflop tonight, when someone made a small reraise with AA. (I wasn't the initial raiser.)As for my least favorite strong hand, I guess I'll say TT. That hand does seem like it tends to get outflopped a lot, and it sucks to have to call down with it playing 6-handed limit.

I can't believe so many people said JJ. That's actually my favorite hand. I love it. It seems like I always flop a set, and if I don't I still usually win the pot. On PokerTracker, it was actually ahead of AA for profit for my first 20,000 hands or so. Also, during my best live session, it went 6 for 6 for me, with about 4 of those being capped pots. (In Montana, no pot is allowed to get larger than $300.) Maybe I'm just good at playing jacks though. I did make a nice fold with JJ preflop tonight, when someone made a small reraise with AA. (I wasn't the initial raiser.)As for my least favorite strong hand, I guess I'll say TT. That hand does seem like it tends to get outflopped a lot, and it sucks to have to call down with it playing 6-handed limit.
I don't understand how JJ can be your favorite and TT your least favorite when they are nearly identical hands...The only time TT is going to get outflopped when JJ doesn't is if a J falls.

for me definitely Jacks! Just can't seem to consistently win with them post flop. another would be AT suited.

I don't understand how JJ can be your favorite and TT your least favorite when they are nearly identical hands...The only time TT is going to get outflopped when JJ doesn't is if a J falls.
That's exactly what always happens. The jack falls. Didn't you read the rest of my post?

Even before the last day or so, I would've said Jacks.Busted out of a Stars rebuy with them yesterday, 23 short of the money, couldn't fold the overpair when 3 rags flopped. (Pair of Queens behind me, & the small blind called my raise with 8-7 :D & flopped 2 pair)Then just now I busted out of a tourney on Party with them in the SB, late position raiser, any reraise would pretty much commit me so I push, he calls, turns over A-J :club: & of course catches the Ace on the flop.