Least Favorite 'strong' Starting Hand?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AQo has been killing me in tourney play lately... i never know whether to raise/re-raise/limp/call with it...Its too strong to fold and too weak to play full out with.

Anytime I look down and see AQ I know something bad might happen.

Anytime I look down and see AQ I know something bad might happen.
Agreed. AQ has been the cause of many of my tournament losses.
Agreed. AQ has been the cause of many of my tournament losses.
I folded AQ offsuit preflop in a live cash game last night- I was against AK suited and pocket Jacks. I would have lost a small fortune on an AJ4 rainbow flop.Jacks aren't bad, you just have to play them like a small pocket pair. The trick with Jacks or any of these hands is to be able to figure out when to dump them. Jacks are easy to get rid of, AQ or AK is sometimes hard to figure out where you are at.
A :) K :D A :) K :D A :D K :) I posted this hand 3 times cuz according to pokertracker I've lost 3 times more with this hand than any other :club:
honestly, i hate that hand...even suited.....give me 55 anytime!
Didn't see anywhere in the thread that it had to be about Hold 'Em, so I've got an Omaha hand that always seems to burn me.A :D X :D A :club: X :D Aces (suited once) in PL Omaha seems like such a pretty hand, but I've lost more money with those cards than any other in that game.
It's easy to overplay that hand. I almost never raise with aces preflop in omaha, and that makes it much easier to chuck them postflop unimproved. Just remember you need about 13 outs to call a pot sized bet on the turn and it will save you a lot of headache.I have a strong aversion to jacks and AQ in NL. I threw away AQ suited pretty late in the tournament yesterday because a guy behind me moved in over the top of my raise. He had me covered and I decided that I'd still be able to survive if I folded. It was a tough decision, though, because he could have either had a pair or AK (a few others were possible but unlikely).

I think AK is quickly becoming my least favorite. I've gone broke in tourneys with that hand way too many times. I'm starting to see why TJ calls it "walking back to Houston."

friggin AQ.i don't think i've ever flopped an ace or queen. every flop is K93, K82, K94 or crap like that.
i would like to hereby apologize to the poker gods. Twice tonight I had AQ and saw a Q-high flop.Thank you,Daniel

KK. I always think I'm gonna win a huge pot and then the ace flops. If not, then I run into aces or QQ flops a set. Always.TT might have a case for the grand prize though. Last time I had it in a cash game I got it all in on a 77T flop against two guys. One had AA the other had 77 for quads. I said "I wish this was partypoker."