john juanda's interesting hand position against eli

Guest XXEddie
Umm John made the laydown of a lifetime. Give him some serious credit.IMO
when EP raises and you re-raise, and he goes allin....AQ0 is not a hard laydown
laydown of a lifetime??? AQ doesn't seem good at all in that spot. easy fold from how you described it
This was my initial reaction too as I watched. However, A-Q is a way better lay down here than my first instinct told me. They were playing five-handed, which obviously makes A-Q a lot stronger. And secondly, Juanda is a very aggressive player who could easily raise with a semi-weak hand. Because of that, he obviously has to be aware that someone might not need as good a hand to come over the top of him, making it more likely that a hand like A-Q is good. Those factors make this laydown very impressive. However, I won't go as far as to say it's the "laydown of a lifetime" or whatever the one poster said. That's probably just a little bit too much credit for a top pro like this guy.

I think it was pretty good 5-handed. Juanda had to be pretty sure about it to not only lay it down, but also show it. There was a lot of money in the pot and he was really only scared of 3 or 4 hands in the deck.

This was my initial reaction too as I watched. However, A-Q is a way better lay down here than my first instinct told me. They were playing five-handed, which obviously makes A-Q a lot stronger. And secondly, Juanda is a very aggressive player who could easily raise with a semi-weak hand. Because of that, he obviously has to be aware that someone might not need as good a hand to come over the top of him, making it more likely that a hand like A-Q is good. Those factors make this laydown very impressive. However, I won't go as far as to say it's the "laydown of a lifetime" or whatever the one poster said. That's probably just a little bit too much credit for a top pro like this guy.
I have to agree here...a nice fold, to be sure (And one I probably don't make), but hardly the "laydown of a lifetime".

Juanda is out of position and he raises I think $100k with Aq. Eli goes all in with like I think $800k with AK. This would of left Juanda with like $300k in chips if he lost. Juanda mulls over the decision and says "I think you outplayed me" and shows his hand when he lays it down.

Guest XXEddie
He may have been thinking back to his same hand in the poker superstars hand where he had AQ and Phil Ivey had AA and John called and finished 5th
why is that significant...also he finished in third, and as someone already stated, he had A10