In all facets of life, I’ve worked hard to develop a good honest reputation.
Working hard at cheating doesnt give you an good honest reputation if you are found out, which is why he is in the position he is now.
At that time, I unfortunately did not realize that what I was doing was unethical. For starters, many of the poker players that I have learned from were using the same practice. This obviously doesn’t make it ok, but I wasn’t questioning it at the time. Until recently; this wasn’t a well hidden fact. People seemed to accept it as ok and talked about it in the open.
he obviously was around some uncredible players. He wants to earn some respect? step up and start alerting the sites of who is cheating so the rest of us grinding it out are safer. I've been around this site for a while and all the top tournament players ive watched wouldnt even think this practice of multi accounting is an option. In short I think his arrogance was too much, I'd heard he was an arrogant kid so he probably jsut wanted another big tournament win so people could be talking about him again. Grow up you've made more money than lots of people will grinding it out in a normal job in a year by cheating and playing unethically. What I cant understand is how he has the kahunas after this to stand up and say I shoudlnt lose my 100k. maybe take some responsibility for your actions.All this bullshit about grey areas, please there is no grey area. the T&A says NO MULTIACCOUNTING!!! in WPT events do you buy in 5 times? no! it seems pretty obvious to me the answer to this rant was. the answer of how many entries you can play in a mtt regardless of size is 1!
Also, the idea was NOT to collude or chip dump with myself in any way. I only multi accounted in tournaments with thousands of players where it would be very unlikely for me to ever end up at the same table as myself. If the goal was collusion, I would have multi-entered smaller tournaments like sit’n’gos. This is something that I have never done.
irrelevant he gave himself more of a chance than honest players. What would happen if he made the final table with other accounts? would he say stop the tournament? I highlu doubt it. HE cheated. endo story.I think the funniest thing is him preaching how he hasnt been treated fairly. Dude you cheated thousands of people and then ***** and moan when someone takes you down when they have every right to and you completely deserve.Stop bitching how you're hard done by and get over it. Sure, everyone makes mistakes but you have to take responsibiliyt for them be thankful lee jones didnt take all your money too i say.
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He screwwed himself over when he started talking about his 100k. A better play would have been to make this a REAL apology and maybe talk about it few months down the road. Banning him is dumb as long as he doesnt multi account i wouldnt care giving him his money back would be out of the question though

Look on the bright side zee, that hondred grand you lost is tax deductable.{i think} Also having multible accts is not always an advantage. I played nine accts in one ten man sitngo and finished third.

Please Zee, you're not sorry.You're sorry that you got caught. If you were going to feel sorry about doing this, then you wouldn't have done it in the first place.Try reading the terms and conditions and find out how wrong you were in your actions. Lay off the cop outs and blaming it on Party or Stars. Stop rationalizing your cheating by saying other people do it too. Admit that you cheated and what you did was wrong and leave it at that. No more, no less.If you want to grow up, take responsibility for your actions, can any complaining and accept the consequences.I hope you start playing fair and continue doing so from now on. Good luck with your new start.

You can't judge and say one player has a better chance to win than another, it might be true, but not something you can calculate. The odds of a player winning a 100 man tourney is 1/100, the odds of one of 4 players winning is 4/100. That's it, that's all. No, "but he's better than most so it improves his odds", his odds are the same as everybody elses.
That is insanely ridiculous. I agree with your main point that this seems to be overly analyzed, considering he was caught, punished and has now apologized (and he is not the first person to sound insincere in apologizing).But you cannot really believe that everyone's chances in a tournament are equal. The only way that makes sense is if the game was all luck and there was no skill involved. The fact is that he is/was a skilled player and did have a better chance in each tourney than most others. That is a fact and so having multiple accounts did give him a huge advantage.
Reminds me of a Dave Chapelle standup routine where Dave is with a guy who's driving drunk and gets pulled over for racing. He tells the cop "I didn't know that you weren't supposed to do that."
"that was goooood wasnt it? because i DID know i couldn't do that"(probly my favorite line from that performance)

What do you guys want from me? Seriously. Leave me alone. Let me earn my money. All this crap is really petty. Do you think any of this complaining makes a difference? People are cheating right now as we speak. You guys remind me of people who wait outside of prisons cheering for death penalty to be delivered !!! You guys make me sick.

What do you guys want from me? Seriously. Leave me alone. Let me earn my money. All this crap is really petty. Do you think any of this complaining makes a difference? People are cheating right now as we speak. You guys remind me of people who wait outside of prisons cheering for death penalty to be delivered !!! You guys make me sick.
You know if you never came to these forums...you most likely will be left alone...sigh...*hands you flame shield*
everyone should just get off his back already. he is a cool/nice guy, he just made a huge mistake.forgive and forget!
YEAH!!!! My neighbor is a cool guy/nice guy I caught him banging my wife, but since he was so nice/cool I forgave him, now he comes over once a week for quality time w/ the wife. wtf.

I highly doubt this is the real Zee, just makes no sense, can't believe most of you think it is. I would think that if he did make an account and came on here he would be apologetic, because we obviously follow the online poker scene moreso than people not registered in forums and therefore he would care most about changing our opinion of him.Anyone that doesn't think hes a scumbag for cheating isn't thinking about it hard enough. He knew it was wrong, he knew it was immoral, he just thought they wouldn't catch him. Hubris is why he had all that money in the account, not ignorance. Hopefully he'll learn from it and recover, he seems to have the talent. For anyone that says I'm jealous, well I am/was of his huge account, but not his character.

I dont want anything from you. petty? if its so petty why cheat in the first place? if its so petty why keep whinging that partypoker mistreated you? do we think this complaining makes a difference? no but funnily enough on a discussion forum you're quite likely to find *gasp* discussion and from the general concensus around here zeejustin whetehr its you or not is a ******. we remind you of people cheering outside the prison? well you remind me of someone who's just strangled a baby saying what? it's not that bad is it?mistake or not surely you cant expect this half assed attempt at an apology to instantly make everything better. you cheated it's going to stay with you a long time.

I'm assuming ZJ already talked to a lawyer and all that, that's why he's so up front about everything right now. His apology is obligatory, but the poker community will never forgive him. This will forever be his claim to fame. He should be banned from big events for two or three years, and players should just stand up and leave when he sits down in a bigger live game.Just as Dutch Boyd will never live down the Poker Spot fiasco, Justin Bonano will forever be marked as a cheat. Bye bye potential endorsement deals. Bye bye lucrative poker life.Hello "Welcome to Mc Donald's, can I take your order."

I'm assuming ZJ already talked to a lawyer and all that, that's why he's so up front about everything right now. His apology is obligatory, but the poker community will never forgive him. This will forever be his claim to fame. He should be banned from big events for two or three years, and players should just stand up and leave when he sits down in a bigger live game.Just as Dutch Boyd will never live down the Poker Spot fiasco, Justin Bonano will forever be marked as a cheat. Bye bye potential endorsement deals. Bye bye lucrative poker life.Hello "Welcome to Mc Donald's, can I take your order."
:club::D:D:D:):):):)
I dont want anything from you. petty? if its so petty why cheat in the first place? if its so petty why keep whinging that partypoker mistreated you? do we think this complaining makes a difference? no but funnily enough on a discussion forum you're quite likely to find *gasp* discussion and from the general concensus around here zeejustin whetehr its you or not is a ******. we remind you of people cheering outside the prison? well you remind me of someone who's just strangled a baby saying what? it's not that bad is it?mistake or not surely you cant expect this half assed attempt at an apology to instantly make everything better. you cheated it's going to stay with you a long time.
Well said...Cheating is wrong period. Life has consequences. Live w/ the consequences. As my grandma always tells me, it takes 3 days to learn to be bad and 3 years to learn to be good. Live w/ the consequences and stop complaining about people being harsh w/ u. You cheated...honest people don't like cheaters. Stop trying to get immediate forgiveness and a clean slate. Life doesn't work that way.

It blows my mind how personal some people seem to be taking this whole thing. Now I don't condone what Justin did but come on, some of you act like he has killed someone. For those that are taking his cheating so much to heart I am curious as to why? Is it because its dishonest and unethical or is it because its against the terms and conditions? Is what he did all that much worse then four or five players talking over the phone or through msn while playing in the same tourneys and sharing advice? and if so why? Have you ever had a friend/spouse play in a game and ask what you would do during a certain hand? I'm just curious where everybody who is up in arms stands on these issues. As I said I don't condone what he did but he apologized and has owned up for it, I am more concerned with the fact that according to him and other sources this was common practice between many high stakes players and only two of them have been outed. People make mistakes and the adult thing to do is forgive and move on. No one here myself included has lived a mistake free life.

When it impedes me making money, it becomes my problem. When it tarnishes a game that I spend a significant amount of money playing, it becomes my problem.Trust me, if he was cheating in live play, he probably would have gotten beaten to a pulp by his opponents later on.

guys, come on. this isn't the "real" ZJ.- Jordan
Im not so sure about that Jordan. This same poster showed up in the What Happened to ZJ thread for his first post a few days ago (http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forum/index.php?showtopic=54803&st=100)It was the morning before he made his new blog post. In a response to his post I ask him why he hasnt updated his blog if he doesnt think what he did was wrong...Just a coincidence? maybe.I know it doesnt seem like it could be him because the things he posts here obviously state that the apology was only made so that people would get off of his back, which is a pretty dumb way to reply if you really want forgiveness/get people to leave you alone.(regardless of whether you feel guilty or not). But I really wouldnt put it past him to behave this way.
I really don't see how this is so completely horrible myself... If instead there were 4 seperate tournaments being played at the same time, for that amount of money I'm sure he would have bought in to each 6 times.
FYP
For those that are taking his cheating so much to heart I am curious as to why? Is it because its dishonest and unethical or is it because its against the terms and conditions?
This is such a media overhype. We take his cheating so much to heart because this is our livelihood and ZJ's success is something we strive to acheive. It is the same reason why the public has destroyed Rafael Palmeiro. Palmeiro took steriods, he's a cheater, and the public goes on a witch hunt. Same thing is happening to ZJ. And yes, ZJ was being dishonest and unethical, but also it is against the terms and conditions, just like steroids in baseball, and just like Rafael Palmeiro, whose respect has been lost.