Top 5 Poker Related Lies

Poker players love bluffing so much that they can rarely stop once they leave the table. Some of the more common 'misrepresentations of reality':1) "Just a few more hands and I'll be done". 2) "I came out about even" 3) "I have no problem folding AK when it misses the flop." 4) [While watching poker on ESPN] "See that guy, the one in the hat? Like two tables behind this main table they're showing -- see the one who just kinda stretched? Yeah, that's me." 5) "I won"

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets not forget the best: "i'm a professional poker player."also: "i've never asked for money." (this comes directly from a personal experience when i was recently at the bellagio and a semi known poker pro came up to my friend that i was with and said "hey "so and so"-name deleted-do you think you could borrow me $40 or $50"...it was pathetic.)

this [online] site is rigged. [thinking to yourself]ok this might not be a lie... in some cases.... hmm...another one: nice catch [on the river]real thought: i cant believe you called two big bets on the turn to catch that 4 outer. you suck and you stole my money, jerkface.

"It's only a rash, it isn't contagious." Oh, wait, wrong set of lies ;)Some of the worst lies that poker players make are to themselves: "I'm pot committed, I have to call here even though I know I'm beat.""I'm hemmoraging money, but it's not because I'm getting outplayed or making bad decisions, I'm just getting unlucky, like the time I flopped two pair with 83 offsuit and I got beat by that flush draw or the bigger two pair."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

sorry guys, l just wanted to bump a very very old topic to the front again lol.. i was bored..... but just to add to this topic the biggest lie i always hear is......" i usually sit at the 40-80 game but im just killing time until my wife is done eating" while playing at the 3/6 table..........

"I'm just gonna get back up to where I was"  (Back to your high mark for the day)  "Then I'll stop for the day"
i am telling this to myself as we speakas perks and beer where in... such a money burning lie!