little known? online trick

I thought this was a well known trick in online poker ... but i'm finding more and more people that never knew about it so i found it worthy to share.On most sites, UB and FullTilt for sure, you can view an opponent's hole cards even if they auto-muck after the showdown by simply selecting hand histroy. A very nice perk for those wondering, "what the hell did he re-raise me $60 more with?!"...please hold the onslaught of "duh, we already knew that" replys ... not everyone holds as much wisdom as suited_up

Guest XXEddie

this helped on party once, someguy called an all in with board of 3 5 6 xxhe said he had a str8 and doesnt know why he lost to two pair, checked the history he had 48....he was on the button too.....he deserved that for playing that hand

I agree... This is the easiest way to get reads on your opponents and understand their betting patterns. I look at the mucked cards on every showdown, whether I'm in the hand or not.

*kicks computer* I wish I had known that before I took all my money out of stars!!!! *re-kicks computer* But I love bodog hehehehee. :twisted:
Well, they don't do it on stars... so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
*kicks computer* I wish I had known that before I took all my money out of stars!!!! *re-kicks computer* But I love bodog hehehehee. :twisted:
Well, they don't do it on stars... so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
They do actually, but you have to e-mail it to yourself so it's a lot less convenient.

same on party, i first found out when i would read in the hand summary "flush Ace high with a Jack kicker". even though the loser mucked his hand i knew he also had a flush, with a weaker kicker, so i checked the history to see if it showed and sure enough...it's also cool to catch someone lying about their hand. "i had AA and got beat again to a suckout" only to find out they had middle pair or some weak hand like that when you had TPTK and the nut flush draw that hits.

I like doing it, and then asking them what they had. I love it when they lie.I usually say something like - oh I put you on "whatever they really had". Works great. And surprisingly many (bad?) players do not know about this.

....uh, isn't that cheating?
You only get to see the cards if there is a showdown and they muck. In live poker, often the rule is that you can request to see a person's hand even if they mucked it as long as you were dealt in on the hand. It's considered bad table etiquette in live poker, but they always offer you these hand seeing options online. Why not take advantage?And to actually answer the question, no.
I am very interested to go play on stars and party now just to see what I can see with the hand histories...I really feel like the stupidest person, that didn't know that.
Again... not stars. It's not automatic... don't bother... Party and Full Tilt have good ones.

I've been playing at party for about 5 years and just found this out within the last few months. Can't believe i didn't notice it before. I always looked at the hand #'s and thought it just must be for Partypoker. :roll:

Guest XXEddie
....uh, isn't that cheating?
cheating would be giving yourslef and/or others an unfair advantage. Everyone can see this and everyone has this advantage, therefore, no it isnt

on party you don't even have to be playing to see what they had. if you're watcing a game and check the hand history it will show u the hands. on ub you must be playing to see the losers hand. try watching a bigger limit game and check the hand histories. you'd be amazed at what crap they paly.

I found out about this only a few weeks ago, and it's won me quite a few $100 pots in hands that i wouldn't have played unless i knew the kind of hands the other guy played. It's pretty cool and I only wish it was easier to do on Pokerstars.btw avsfan, Wings rule

Not little known, but if you tip even one person that reads off that didn't know about it, it's a good post.
exactly :D