Christian Afghani Released

BBC News - Abdul Rahman released
"Abdul Rahman, a Christian for 16 years, was charged with rejecting Islam."
He was sentenced to death for rejecting Islam. Why is that country hundreds of years behind the rest of the world? It might as well be 1006 AD, but with guns. And they (and we) pretend they are becoming a democracy:
"The Afghan constitution enshrines personal freedom and recognises the Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
NO THEY DON'TArticle 18 of the Universal Declation of Human Rights reads: "Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance." Check out his family's take on it:
"Mr Rahman's family had asked the Supreme Court [of Afghanistan] to dismiss the case against him, saying he suffered from mental illness."
hahahahahaha

Come on Tim, Afghanistan is taking a HUGE step forward. They've shown mastery of the most important technique used by the courts in a democracy to avoid controversy---it's called the "punt".T'was a masterful punt.Now for the mob "justice".... this guy's dead in less than a month.

and events like this help christianity out immensely. Can u imagine how many people over there may give christianty a second look after this event. A guy being sentenced to death stood strong and confessed his faith against people who wanted to kill him for that belief. Events like this have been going on since christianity started and its events like this that causes more to come to Christ then anything else

and events like this help christianity out immensely. Can u imagine how many people over there may give christianty a second look after this event. A guy being sentenced to death stood strong and confessed his faith against people who wanted to kill him for that belief. Events like this have been going on since christianity started and its events like this that causes more to come to Christ then anything else
Really? I'm not so sure about that. For as many people that turn to Christ after this--tons more are scared shitless from even thinking about becoming a Christian. Double edged sword at best.
Really? I'm not so sure about that. For as many people that turn to Christ after this--tons more are scared shitless from even thinking about becoming a Christian. Double edged sword at best.
i disagree..and history is on my side...In the early years it overcome most of the Apostles and Disciples being martyred...and for a more recent account we can look at china where its been reported that the underground church in China just surpassed the number of people in the communist party...
i disagree..and history is on my side...In the early years it overcome most of the Apostles and Disciples being martyred...and for a more recent account we can look at china where its been reported that the underground church in China just surpassed the number of people in the communist party...
I don't know the historical figures--but i have to say i'm pretty suprised at the China factoid... got a source for that?
I don't know the historical figures--but i have to say i'm pretty suprised at the China factoid... got a source for that?
Ill have to look and see if i can find any written info on it. I was told by a guy that is nationally respected so I have no reason not to believe him. J.P. Moreland which many may recognize was doing a talk on a national radio program and mentioned it. I will have to see if he mentioned a site or how he came about the information. But he is well respected so I have no reason to doubt him