2-5 Nl @ Wynn...... Bad Call?

I was in Vegas over the weekend and played at the Wynn the entire time. I had sat down with 1k. Game was pretty loose (typical on the weekend in Vegas), a new player sat down about 15 mins before and was a middle aged guy who sat down 3 seats to my left with a beer and immediatly ordered another (I am sober at this point), and I havent seen him show down a hand yet. I pick up two black Kings in the SB, he raises to $15 two players call, I make it $60 total, other two guys fold and SB calls immediatly. Flop Kh Jh 9dI bet $90, he callsTurn 10d, I check, he moves in for $250My thinking was that the only hand he could have that would beat me would be QQ, I also thought he would have reraised me preflop or at least not auto-call when I reraised.Anyways I made the call and lost :club:

I was in Vegas over the weekend and played at the Wynn the entire time. I had sat down with 1k. Game was pretty loose (typical on the weekend in Vegas), a new player sat down about 15 mins before and was a middle aged guy who sat down 3 seats to my left with a beer and immediatly ordered another (I am sober at this point), and I havent seen him show down a hand yet. I pick up two black Kings in the SB, he raises to $15 two players call, I make it $60 total, other two guys fold and SB calls immediatly. Flop Kh Jh 9dI bet $90, he callsTurn 10d, I check, he moves in for $250My thinking was that the only hand he could have that would beat me would be QQ, I also thought he would have reraised me preflop or at least not auto-call when I reraised.Anyways I made the call and lost :club:
First off, sorry you lost w/ a set of kings, that sucks....Second - don't post results 'till you hear what others have to say...Third - let's look at the hand.I'm confused. Are you the SB, or is he??? You have it written both ways. Either way w/ a raise and 2 callers if I have 2 Kings I'm re-raising also, but likely a little more than you did. I think you're out of position, so I want to get rid of the rifraff and take control of the hand.Your bet on the flop is right, and based on your p/f re-raise, probably about the right amount. You bet $90 into a $150 pot. Sounds good to me.On the turn there is $330 in the pot and he bets $250. You've got top set and a gutshot. Even if you are behind you've still got outs - 1 King 3 9s, 3 Js, 3 10s and Xqueens. You've got at least 11 outs, maybe as many as 13 and you're getting about 2.3:1 on your money. I feel like you're beating too many hands, and only losing to too few to consider folding here. You might be beat, but you obviously can't know that for sure, so I feel like you've got to call.

You definitely have to call here. When the straight hits, a typical player is more likely to try to "milk" you then to just jam all-in on the turn. With no readm you have to allow at least a 25-30% for a bluff. Combine that with your 1 in 4 chance of drawing out and you've got an automatic call.

I was in Vegas over the weekend and played at the Wynn the entire time. I had sat down with 1k. Game was pretty loose (typical on the weekend in Vegas), a new player sat down about 15 mins before and was a middle aged guy who sat down 3 seats to my left with a beer and immediatly ordered another (I am sober at this point), and I havent seen him show down a hand yet. I pick up two black Kings in the SB, he raises to $15 two players call,
What position is the raiser in?15 x 4 + 5 = 65 in the pot.A pot-sized raise here is 65 + 15 = 80. I would raise at least that much. I have a big hand, the pot is already fairly large, and I'm going to play the rest of the hand out of position. I don't mind winning it there.
I make it $60 total, other two guys fold and SB calls immediatly.
15 x 2 + 5 + 60 x 2 = 155. Right?
Flop Kh Jh 9d
That's something for everyone. That flop hit him, too, someway. I'd come out charging.
I bet $90, he calls
Pot = 155 + 180 = 335
Turn 10d, I check, . . .
Why do you check here? (I'm not saying it's bad, I just want your angle on it.)If your intent was to induce a bluff, it worked, and you call.
he moves in for $250My thinking was that the only hand he could have that would beat me would be QQ, . . .
Also, A :club: Q :D, but yes, not many hands.[sNIP]You're getting (250+335)/250 = 2.3:1 here. If we're behind, then we have to hit one of 10 outs (3.6:1). If we're ahead, we hope we're against a smaller set but he may still have several outs to a flush.Table that I'm giving up trying to format: His Hand Prob Outs % Equity ContributionP. Queens 0.60 10 0.22 0.13hearts w/A 0.15 36 0.78 0.12low hearts 0.05 39 0.85 0.04JJ or 99 0.20 45 0.98 0.20 ----------------- Sum = 0.49 Equity = $406I think we need to call here.
What position is the raiser in?15 x 4 + 5 = 65 in the pot.A pot-sized raise here is 65 + 15 = 80. I would raise at least that much. I have a big hand, the pot is already fairly large, and I'm going to play the rest of the hand out of position. I don't mind winning it there.15 x 2 + 5 + 60 x 2 = 155. Right? That's something for everyone. That flop hit him, too, someway. I'd come out charging.Pot = 155 + 180 = 335Why do you check here? (I'm not saying it's bad, I just want your angle on it.)If your intent was to induce a bluff, it worked, and you call.Also, A :D Q :D, but yes, not many hands.[sNIP]You're getting (250+335)/250 = 2.3:1 here. If we're behind, then we have to hit one of 10 outs (3.6:1). If we're ahead, we hope we're against a smaller set but he may still have several outs to a flush.Table that I'm giving up trying to format: His Hand Prob Outs % Equity ContributionP. Queens 0.60 10 0.22 0.13hearts w/A 0.15 36 0.78 0.12low hearts 0.05 39 0.85 0.04JJ or 99 0.20 45 0.98 0.20 ----------------- Sum = 0.49 Equity = $406I think we need to call here.
What the **** is wrong with my quoting in this post? ****.
I concur, Pot is $150 with draws on the board, I bet at least the pot.
I also agree. The theme of the hand here is that we bet small amounts when we're ahead and then call large amounts when we're behind.

Sorry about the typo I accidently called him the SB, he was 3 to my left and I was the SB. Like the other guy said I really felt like the only hand that he could have that was beating me was QQ and a very slim chance he had AQ. Looking back, I definatly wish I would have bet more on the flop but it was one of those games where there were not a lot of bets north of $100, and I wanted his action if he had AK. He ended up having AQ, and then later, he snapped my KK later with a flop of J34 with 2 hearts and he moved all in on the turn which was the Ah.

bet more on the flop...and maybe lay down to the guy the 2nd time when he makes the same type move on the turn.:x- Jordan
I got away from the second one on the turn