Reporting Cheating Online

I've been playing Internet poker for about 2 years now and I have never suspected anyone online of cheating, but something came up last night and I was wondering how other people would view it...I'm playing 6 handed no limit on PokerStars when I notice a certain player taking an exceptionally long time to make decisions, even if it is nothing more than folding pre-flop in an unraised pot. So after awhile it dawns on me, he is either watching TV or multi tabling. Sure enough, i find him on 6 other tables of the exact same game. No problem there, but if you can't play 6 tables at a fast pace, please dont slow down 6 games... Anyways, a short while later I start to notice another player at my table taking almost just as long. This was really becoming frustrating as the pace of the game was thrown off considerably with two players going so slow. Then I noticed something, both players were from the same town. And by town, I mean just that, a very very small town up north that I just happen to be familiar with. So I'm thinking to myself, usually when i see someone from my state, much less my town, i generally start up a coversation or something to at least say hi. Anyways, these two players never said a word to each other. Kind of strange, but maybe they already met some other night or something. Well, i then proceded to check what tables this second guy was at. Turns out he is sitting at a total of four tables, and oddly enough the other guy is sitting at all four of the same tables. Now there must have been 30 games going at this limit when i did the search. What are the odds that two guys would be sitting at the EXACT SAME FOUR tables out of 30?! Sure, maybe one or two, but all four?! Well, I took some screenshots and got their names and what not and sent an e-mail to PStars support asking them if they would mind checking their history as i began to believe the reason they were taking so long to make their moves was because they may have been sharing information about their hands via messenger or over the phone. And short handed, this is a HUGE advantage. PStars was very quick in responding and told me that they would do an extensive search on the two players history to find similar incidents and told me they would get back to me with their results. I thought that was very professional.I hope I don't sound like I was trying to be petty and report people that gave me bad beats or anything because that is not the case. I actually quit the table ahead once i realised they had so many strange things going on.Just wondering if anyone else has ever run into something similar and what the results were.ThanksTrueFX

Stand outside for 15 minutes, maybe you can get lunch for freeNo I probably would have killed myself by now. I have spent 3 weeks in a wonderful little town called Waynesboro, and another week in Danville. Bad memories.
1. You're probably right2. You did the right thing3. Kudos
1. You're probably right2. You did the right thing3. Kudos
haha, way to quote another thread with nothing to do with this one.score!
I've been playing Internet poker for about 2 years now and I have never suspected anyone online of cheating, but something came up last night and I was wondering how other people would view it...
You did exactly what I hope I would do given the same circumstances. :club: Let us know what they find out....

I think it's pretty funny that they made it so obvious. Any player w/ any sense of judgement may possibly do the same thing you did, so i say good job.They'll probably get warned, and take more precautions, and then get caught again, and get their accounts frozen.Good job sir!

Send me their screen names so I can send them a virus that will have their opponent suck out on the river every time... Oh nevermind, they are on Pokerstars. That already happens!!!! :club:

Its pretty common for people to sit at a few tables with each other and use AIM or MSN Messenger to talk with each other. I really wish there was a way for sites to diable instant messaging if you are logged on, but that will never happen. Cheaters suck and that's probably what you encountered. Kudos for turning them in.

Its pretty common for people to sit at a few tables with each other and use AIM or MSN Messenger to talk with each other. I really wish there was a way for sites to diable instant messaging if you are logged on, but that will never happen. Cheaters suck and that's probably what you encountered. Kudos for turning them in.
they are suppose to take screen shots to negate this.

Here's a question:What's the real purpose of 'buddy' lists? Is it only for the purpose of stalking your prey? Or is it okay to sit at a table with a 'buddy' as in a personal friend?I know I'll admit sitting at tables with friends but not to collude - but rather to have races to $100 or whatever it may be.

Just because you are chatting on IM with someone while you are at the same table, doesn't mean you are cheating.
Presumably, there's more of a burden on those being potentially cheated than there is on a potential cheater to refrain from chatting on IM with someone at his table. Therefore, there is a strong presumption that if you are chatting with someone from your table on IM you are cheating, rebuttable by compelling evidence that you are not.

I was playing an SnG one time when this dude kept folding to bets that were ridiculously tiny compared to the pot. Player #1 with lots of chips would bet like $500 into Player #2, who was short stacked. P#2 would then go all-in for $530 and #1 would fold to the $30 extra. After this kept happening over and over it seemed pretty apparent what was going on. I wrote down their names and later saw them in another SnG together doing something similar. They - and I actually suspected a 3rd person in this too - would either dump chips to whomever was doing best or use a variety of rather creative ways to re-distribute chips among themselves and help out their short-stacked friend. It was sad yet amusing - especially when their plans would get foiled. Anyways, it's the only time I've suspected cheating online and I can't help but think how many other times collusion or cheating somehow has happened and I've been unaware. Let us know what PokerStars says, I'm curious what their little investigation will turn up.