Most of the people who posted here are in the Beta program, the others are just silly.
Yeah, the Mario/Luigi unlockable is legit and so is Pitfall, but I doubt the others one are. They don't look like the Nintendo characters; they have lifelike faces, but they have the same clothes and hats as the Nintendo characters and their names are "Mario" and "Luigi" so you know who they are.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so jelous of all of you. I tried as hard as I could to get into the Beta, but I was unable to. :club: But to those of you who are part of the "In Crowd", are Samus, Kid "Icarus" Poker, and Golgo 13 in the game?I have to think they are based on their personalities. Who wouldn't want a kick *** chick in the game. Kid "Icarus" Poker is an obvious choice and I heard that James Bond flat out said no, so I figured that a likely back up was Golgo 13.Finally, I read somewhere that Daniel's finishing move was unreal and that it might involve Mushu.Keep us "outsiders" posted. Thanks!

OP, I played it for a bit last September. It was cool but i'm sure it's changed since then.

Yeah, the Mario/Luigi unlockable is legit and so is Pitfall, but I doubt the others one are. They don't look like the Nintendo characters; they have lifelike faces, but they have the same clothes and hats as the Nintendo characters and their names are "Mario" and "Luigi" so you know who they are.
Wait, this thread isn't a joke thread and these are actual "features" in the game?As much as I would love to play Pitfall in a poker game and go up against Mario and Cloud, well lets just say my interest level is down.
Wait, this thread isn't a joke thread and these are actual "features" in the game?As much as I would love to play Pitfall in a poker game and go up against Mario and Cloud, well lets just say my interest level is down.
What can I tell you? IGN Entertainment had a great idea for a poker game but lacked the resources to actually bring the vision to life. They had to pair up with Nintendo in a silent partnership to get the funding required to really do the vision justice. This was the trade-off, Stacked has to cross-promote Nintendo products in a less than obvious way. Besides, they're just Easter Eggs, it doesn't affect gameplay unless you go looking for them. Don't worry about it.
What can I tell you? IGN Entertainment had a great idea for a poker game but lacked the resources to actually bring the vision to life. They had to pair up with Nintendo in a silent partnership to get the funding required to really do the vision justice. This was the trade-off, Stacked has to cross-promote Nintendo products in a less than obvious way. Besides, they're just Easter Eggs, it doesn't affect gameplay unless you go looking for them. Don't worry about it.
Ok, I understand Mario and Luigi, but how does having Cloud in the game from FF7 (assuming the rumor was true) help Nintendo. Its a Sony game. Is Master Cheif in it too? You know put one group of characters from one staple game for all the systems. Also while I'm at it, I didn't think Stacked was coming out for GC, is it for the revolution?And real why Pitfall, there is already Activision Classics, I have it if I want to play pitfall I'll play it on that. I mean I don't mind the idea of unlockable mini-games, but shouldn't they make some sense to be in the game?
Ok, I understand Mario and Luigi, but how does having Cloud in the game from FF7 (assuming the rumor was true) help Nintendo. Its a Sony game. Is Master Cheif in it too? You know put one group of characters from one staple game for all the systems. Also while I'm at it, I didn't think Stacked was coming out for GC, is it for the revolution?And real why Pitfall, there is already Activision Classics, I have it if I want to play pitfall I'll play it on that. I mean I don't mind the idea of unlockable mini-games, but shouldn't they make some sense to be in the game?
:club::D:D:D:):):):):)

I'm sure DN's game rocks but I could never get myself to sit down and play a poker video game. IMO it would be a waste of time like play money poker. I would much rather play a shooter, racing or sports video game in that time or just play online poker instead for REAL money. I don't want to rant to much but I just can't get into that.

Most of the people in here were just making up stuff and being silly. Mario and Luigi are real; Pitfall is real. From what I understand, it's not the full version of Pitfall. It just has a few screens of alligators, turtles, snakes, and quicksand pits. Just something to blow off some steam if you're tilting.
  • 1 year later...

Heh, this thread was fun. Is it sad that I'm still here and practically no one else that was involved in this mess is? I need to research how to have a life.