The Hammer Raise When They Are To The Right Of You.

I Don't mind being roped and dope for I had a good hand and was being agressive like I was supposed to be.. just that I thought they were bluff calling and not rope and doping. I admit I have to learn the differnence.what gets me is when I am big blind, and the guy to my left keeps hammering with me big raises before flop and on the flop. I am talking not twice the big blind.. but two and half, to three times. so if i was 120,, it would be 300 to 360. and i am next to short stack, and getting short stacked. I know poker books advocate . 1. rope and dope if you got a great hand. I didn't get any pairs, two over cards, two suited connectors (or unsuited connectors). I did rope and dope in hopes of getting a flop but soon as the flop hit,, he raised me the pot. 2. raise and reraise?This is one strategy I didn't employ for I didnt' have a good starting hand to raise with. but They advocate doing this in order to chase off the chip stealer. now in harington on hold them ,, he says the short blind ?dealer most likely will be in the same boat as you , with the crappy off suit hands . or something to that effect. i know most of this is situational ,,aka if the short blind is aggressive and play any style, or if the player is ultra tight and you know they got the goods. in this case they did it three times to me and i couldn't take it. (i know if I am going to go up in the ranks past these 5 dollar sit and gos i got to learn to control that temper). 3. go all in to their raise ? I did that when i got below 860 i think and they of course called and they did have a better hand then and it held out.we were down to five players at the time, and I was second in chips. I just dont' how to combat the hammer raise yet. short handed playe rules of 1-3 doenst' count,, so i shouldn't play that lose to play any two cards. i would put the person on aggressive for the player alwasy focused one me. i raised the big blind,, when it came around to call ,, he raised it. when I made the decision to go all in.. I remember daniel saying on world poke tour that if fold now,, it will be all in all in, and i have to make a stand. this is when hoyt was doing all in to daniel. so i kept that attitude still when it isn't that short handed,, and i am getting hammered,, is it better to raise in effort to get him to take off.. or better to go all in and pray ? or just call, and call,, knowing that each big bet you call on the flop , and turn, and river ,, your close to going all in anyways. confused and this has stymied a lot in my sit and goes.

in an effort to help you get more responses...are you just asking how to deal with an Aggressive player on your immediate right, who likes to bet 3x the Blinds when it's folded to him in the sb?short blind = small blind Where is "short" blind common verbage?

pretty well yes, or the dealer if the short blinds for the dealer button keeps raising us, so the short blinds folds all the time too. and I lose more for I was big blind. But which is better in the long run of things.. for if i had monsters hands, i would call. or reraise. or go all in. so basically these three choices depends on big blind hands , usally trash hands trying to defend himself.

I'm confused.I think you are asking how to play against an aggressive player, and that is so situationally dependant that a question this general can't be answered very easily.Either way..... short blind?

eheh . sorry for calling small blind the short blind :club:. I didnt' realize it would be confusing. hmm i guess I just have to reread harington (I was today) further to understand. when you say situationally dependent.. do you mean there is absolutely no correct play depending on the situation of the cards, and the players and one just have to rely on expereince, study guidelines, and inution ?.in relation to the aggressive playernot just aggressive,, but one who has you targeted with his big bets (which are correct for stealing the blind and lowing my morale, and chip stack therefore making me less dangerous ) about three or four times. at the time i felt my only defense was to go all in. in hopes of doubling up, chasing him off and restablishing myself. so the question was really.. 1. should i have simply called him down earlier even though I was getting trash preflop hands, and missing the flop. 2. waited , pick a spot and reraise him in the hopes he was just a bully. 3. or was i correct in going all in or did i get suckered for that is the bully who has way more chips then me plan to get me to go all in with trash hands in the first place ?.