2006 Nba #1 Pick

Guest Guest

Im interested to see where the foreign players go in this draft. I've seen a highlight on utube of that Bargani kid and he looks pretty filthy. Nice size, handles, athleticism and shot. I can't see him dropping past the 5th pick. I also just raid a pretty interesting article on this African kid, Saer Sene, that's stock is soaring on draftexpress, heres the Link

I was just looking at nbadraft.net's mock draft for 2007 and jesus, its deep. Joakim Noah went from 1st on their 2006 board to fith on their 2007. Anyone know anything about the other highschoolers outside of Oden?

I was just looking at nbadraft.net's mock draft for 2007 and jesus, its deep. Joakim Noah went from 1st on their 2006 board to fith on their 2007. Anyone know anything about the other highschoolers outside of Oden?
I dont give any site credibility if it has Mike Gansey going in the first round

When people mention a weak draft, most of the time they are talking about the upper half of the lottery. They're talking about the amount of cant-miss-impact-star players. And their really arent that many this year (or in any year for that matter). There's a lot of good players that might be good complimentary stars, but I have a hard time finding anyone that I think will be the anchor for a particular team. Two years ago was a very strong draft and people were calling it that at the time.Whether or not the late first round and early second picks are going to pan out refers to the depth of the draft, and most people consider this a different topic. The success of the players is judged totally different than the lottery picks. If the guy is in the league 10 years, he was a good pick. That being said I think the depth of the draft this year is good. A lot of college seniors will go low and end up playing in the NBA for a while.

Mike Gansey I've watched play the past two years and he was by far the best player on WVU, better than Pittsnoggle. He deserves to be a late first round/early second round pick. He's quick, an amazing shooter, and has the confidence to hang in the league. He'll make a solid back scoring pg. Look at steve nash, ppl were ragging on him outta Santa Clara but his game was similar to Gansey's. Well, not that similar.Watch out for Brandon Roy, I forgot about him but he has a good shot at being ROY.My 2nd round sleeper in this year's draft is James White, and not just because he went to my hs for two years and is from my hometown. This kid has the best hops I've seen, I think he can be as good as Gerald Greene, he is like Green with more hops. He can dunk one or two handed from the free throw line after drinking 6 beers at 5am in the morning. That's how much he can fly. I've even seen him do a between the legs from just inside the free throw line. Look for him in the NBA dunk contest if he makes the league.He'll pull out a dunk from the three point line :club:

Mike Gansey I've watched play the past two years and he was by far the best player on WVU, better than Pittsnoggle. He deserves to be a late first round/early second round pick. He's quick, an amazing shooter, and has the confidence to hang in the league. He'll make a solid back scoring pg. Look at steve nash, ppl were ragging on him outta Santa Clara but his game was similar to Gansey's. Well, not that similar.Watch out for Brandon Roy, I forgot about him but he has a good shot at being ROY.My 2nd round sleeper in this year's draft is James White, and not just because he went to my hs for two years and is from my hometown. This kid has the best hops I've seen, I think he can be as good as Gerald Greene, he is like Green with more hops. He can dunk one or two handed from the free throw line after drinking 6 beers at 5am in the morning. That's how much he can fly. I've even seen him do a between the legs from just inside the free throw line. Look for him in the NBA dunk contest if he makes the league.He'll pull out a dunk from the three point line :club:
I really like Brandon Roy..I think a solid pick maybe for the late first or 2nd ropund would be Chris Hernandez of Stanford. Kid is a very solid point guard. I think Rudy Gay is a little soft.
  • 3 weeks later...

Its a soft draft this year for sure. No real solid sure fire all stars, but lots of players who can fill roles and make some kind of an impact. I expect the Bulls to make a splash this year though, with the picks they have in the draft plus how sucessful they were this year, this draft could really solidify them as a title contender again.