Let's All Laugh About Police Officers Getting Shot

i don't really give a hoot.i'm not trying to expose anybody as a fraud. most of the fluffheads never pretended to be anything other than what they are - they are all too willing to boast about how they pass their time watching mindless reality tv and playing video games. they are all too willing to go on and on about their expensive cars and all of their other toys. if that stuff tops your values list, well then you're in the right place. it isnt exactly hypocritical or devious or fraudulent to do all this and then proceed to go on about being a good christian and what not. it is perhaps slightly inconsistent, and definitely shallow. i propose the example of tammy faye baker as a self-righteous person who probably tried in her heart to be good. she simply lacked the intelligence, the critical capacity, the world experience - to exercise the self-examination that would have revealed the net of contradictions in which she was so tangled. it is my opinion that redemption in this world - and leave the question of the next as a mystery - has as much to do with untangling oneself from these inconsistencies; with swimming upstream from the messages of the dominant culture; with, in short, leading an examined life -that self-righteous people who repeatedly show themselves unable to do so give the lie to "goodness" and the momentum to those same forces that should be overcome...this, as i've said in different ways before, is what struck me reading the latest blog entry. anyways, i guess that's it for me here.best to all.

I have no life, so I spend my time trying to bring down other people. It's quite sad. Also, if I am ever proven wrong about a specific post I defend myself no matter how silly it starts to sound.I may say that I'm leaving for good...but in my heart I know I'll be back, since I have nothing better to do.
:club: Very honest of you to admit all that.For the record, my first thought was the blog entry was pretty dumb. But I didn't realize the telemarketing thing is a scam. Then again, a little disclaimer saying it was a scam would have been nice. As it's written, it really does look like some rich jerk messing with a poor telemarketer and spitting on the fallen police fund.Maybe not spitting on the fund, but at least ignoring the fact that it's a really good cause...even if only 10% of donations finally make it there. Or 2% or whatever. You know what I mean. It just reads really really bad, because you never mention it's a scam and most people obviously don't know that.

imo, The calls to your home invading your privacy, by people claiming to represent the Police, asking for money, are especially detestable. Not only is it a scam but to people who are new to this country and used to what goes on in other parts of the world, it sounds and feels very much like a SHAKEDOWN. I believe you are put on the telemarketer's phone list whenever you have some contact with the police. I notice I consistently get one of these calls soon after I've had to talk to the police for any reason. I suspect there are a lot of innocent but naive people for whom such calls send a real shadow of fear down their spine.I try to be polite because I figure the telemarketer is just trying to do a job. But if I had my way Telemarketing would be Outlawed completely. I see no reason why they should have the right to invade my privacy just because I have a telephone for the use of my friends and associates. I even get calls these days by computers where they put me on hold until the salesperson has time to talk to me. Sometimes it's just a dead line. Telemarketing phone calls should be considered on a par with Obscene Phone Calls. And made just as illegal. :club:

Some people understand that telemarketers deserve to be messed with and others are looking for an excuse to bust Daniel's balls. The police fund scam deserves worse than what Daniel gave them.

Lastly, why in the world do you read the blog? It can't possibly be manditory reading at your junior high school, so why do you put yourself through it?ZING!Here's a novel idea ...Why not use TAXES to pay for law enforcement and fire and rescue. I know it's a crazy idea, but maybe it will catch on some day.
Taxes.......ahhhhhhh
i don't really give a hoot.i'm not trying to expose anybody as a fraud. most of the fluffheads never pretended to be anything other than what they are - they are all too willing to boast about how they pass their time watching mindless reality tv and playing video games. they are all too willing to go on and on about their expensive cars and all of their other toys. if that stuff tops your values list, well then you're in the right place. it isnt exactly hypocritical or devious or fraudulent to do all this and then proceed to go on about being a good christian and what not. it is perhaps slightly inconsistent, and definitely shallow. i propose the example of tammy faye baker as a self-righteous person who probably tried in her heart to be good. she simply lacked the intelligence, the critical capacity, the world experience - to exercise the self-examination that would have revealed the net of contradictions in which she was so tangled. it is my opinion that redemption in this world - and leave the question of the next as a mystery - has as much to do with untangling oneself from these inconsistencies; with swimming upstream from the messages of the dominant culture; with, in short, leading an examined life -that self-righteous people who repeatedly show themselves unable to do so give the lie to "goodness" and the momentum to those same forces that should be overcome...this, as i've said in different ways before, is what struck me reading the latest blog entry. anyways, i guess that's it for me here.best to all.
expensive car? He drives a lexus...toyota with leather. big deal
I bet Tammy Faye never dreamed she'd end up as fodder in a poker web forum. I think she is smarter than many would believe. She was atop a multi-million dollar enterprise. I give her credit also for surviving cancer.If she'd just do something about that make-up. Gee whiz.
Wow, re-read what you wrote. Think about it for a second, and then ask yourself, "Wasn't that totally stupid?" If you still can't wrap your head around it, let me help you out: If I discussed charitable things I do in the blog that would be publicizing it. However, since I DON'T post stuff like that you ASSUME that I don't do it? Think about it, what do you know about what I do for charity? How could you know? If you DID know, well then, I'd be publicizing it so it would negate the act in your mind. Lastly, why in the world do you read the blog? It can't possibly be manditory reading at your junior high school, so why do you put yourself through it? It will never cease to amaze me that people hate the blog so much yet they read it on a regular basis?
"mandatory"People who hate your blog continue to read read it because of a phenomenon called "it's so bad it's good". It's the same reason why people watch trash on t.v. Don't be so sensitive bro, you put yourself out there, you're going to face some backlash.Also, before you critique a kid for being puerile, you should learn how to spell beyond a junior high school level.Just defending your haters, don't take it personal Negreanu, you know I got nuthin', but love for ya. :club:
Also, before you critique a kid for being peurile, you should learn how to spell beyond a junior high school level.
Er, I think you mean:pu·er·ile ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pyr-l, pyrl, -l)adj. Belonging to childhood; juvenile. Immature; childish. See Synonyms at young.
Can one of you post the following for me at pocketfives: Before you get all bent out of shape about the "horrible" thing that I did, first you have to understand that the guy on the other end of the line is trying to pull a total scam on me. The police collection fund is one of the most well known scams in the country and it's been around a long time. I knew a guy who once operated one of these scams. They tell you it's for this or that, but it's really just a scam to fill their pockets. LESS THAN 5% of the money you donate to a telemarketer saying he is representing the police will actually go to where they say it'll go. The rest, will go to the scam. Had this been a legitimate request to donate money, do you really think I would have mocked the guy?
I used to work for a telemarketing agency in highschool. The money was great and the job was easy as pie. We took donations for the MAP (Michigan Association of Police). Was is it a scam? To me it was. We asked for a minimum of $29 donation to help get money for programs where Michigan Police Officers went in to schools to teach kids about strangers. Did the money actually go to that. Hell no. Not even 5% went to the MAP. All of it went into our pay, the pay of the bosses who made about $55K a year, the cost of the lease on the buidling (which we were never allowed to say where we were calling from), the phone bill (we actually called out of the area, so long distance, the equipment, etc. Unless a cop comes to my door I am not giving money to something like that and you are a complete fool to believe that most telemarketers who call asking for donations are on the up and up.
Also, before you critique a kid for being peurile, you should learn how to spell beyond a junior high school level.
I love it...it's like when people make fun of bad "grammer". :club:

I freaking laughed my *** off when I read this post by DN. I hate all telemarketers and consider them the scum of the universe. It reminded me of the scene from Seinfeld when Jerry gets called by a telemarketer.Telemarketer: "Sir I'd like a moment of your time to ask you for a donation to our worthy cause"Jerry: "Well I really don't have time right now but why don't you give me your home number and I'll call you later"Telemarketer: "I'm sorry Sir we're not allowed to do that"Jerry: "Ohh you probably don't want a lot of people calling you up and bothering you at your house."Telemarketer: "Yaa"Jerry: "Good then you know how I feel" SLAMS phone.LOL one of my favorite Seinfeld moments of all time Daniel's material was even better I think.

What a bizzare thread...who here defends telemarketers? I myself do the exact same thing to all telemarketers that dare call my phone. I don't care if they claim to be collecting funds to help elderly war widows get discounted bus fare. My conversation will go like this: "Hello?""Yes, I'm calling on behalf of ABC cooporation collecting money in hopes that,""Sir, can you hold for one minute? I'm kinda in the middle of something..." Click clack the phone falls down and I start yelling at my brother and fire off a couple shots from a machine that I have that similates the sound of gunfire, I pick up the phone and calmly say..."Hello? What can I help you with?"

nice...when m here at school and get a call like that... i tell them to hold for a second...and then i have a music file that is typical "elevator music" and put the phne up to the speaker, one guy actually stayed on for about 6 minutes...then i asked him to hold again, haha, he hung up within the next minute after that time

who here defends telemarketers? I myself do the exact same thing to all telemarketers that dare call my phone. I don't care if they claim to be collecting funds to help elderly war widows get discounted bus fare.
mooching war widows........
lol...thank god...I'm glad somebody got it...that's all I need to be happy...one person to get my joke!
I didn't get it, could you explain?I mean what does a war widow have to do with the police needing new body armor?