South Park

Just watched it, and it's probably one of my favorite episodes ever.Yep, scientology is a cult alright. Although nobody really cares bc it's really only a bunch of idiotic celebrities or other people with lots of money.Is it strange that Tom Cruise really only got psychotic when he started preaching scientology? Coincidence, I think not.

i think nicole would tell you he was psychotic before that
Nicole has been tight lipped about the whole thing, and not just bc of her extensive botox.What you're saying is probably true, but I'm saying he didnt start to be crazy openly until he started preaching.
decent episode, the Tom Cruise coming out of the closet thing got old after the first thirty seconds though...
I think that's the point. Bringing in R. Kelly was a good touch.

anybody else find it odd that Tom Cruise choose a "religion" that isnt reading intensive...could it be that he had to poick one that allowed him not to have to learn to read?

anybody else find it odd that Tom Cruise choose a "religion" that isnt reading intensive...could it be that he had to poick one that allowed him not to have to learn to read?
He can read, he's just dyslexic, which is a semi-real disorder.
He can read, he's just dyslexic, which is a semi-real disorder.
I was under the impression he cant read and/or doesnt try to...at least thats what they are teachin the teachers at a&m these days...the point is still valid though...He chose a "religion" that allows him to not have to work at reading
I was under the impression he cant read and/or doesnt try to...at least thats what they are teachin the teachers at a&m these days...the point is still valid though...He chose a "religion" that allows him to not have to work at reading
Which religions require literacy?If religion is a scam to get money, as I believe it is, then it would be a -EV play to require literacy. In fact, it would be better if you were illiterate.
Which religions require literacy?If religion is a scam to get money, as I believe it is, then it would be a -EV play to require literacy. In fact, it would be better if you were illiterate.
I believe Judaism requires literacy and isn't a scam.
Well, it requires literacy in Hebrew.I still think most religions are mostly a scam
Still literacy.And yeah, me too...with Scientology the most blatant.
I don't think scientology even qualifies as a religion. I would call it a cult.
Really, a religion is pretty much a cult that gains enough followers to legitimize it. I rarely bother to differentiate.
Really, a religion is pretty much a cult that gains enough followers to legitimize it. I rarely bother to differentiate.
Agreed, I could call any cult a religion or any religion a cult.

Tom Cruise shouldn't still be dyslexic.He's OT now, so that's all fixed.Don't bother asking me what that means, since the only reason I came into this forum is that South Park was the last topic updated on the forum index page.

Obviously you know nothing about Scientology, there is a LOT of reading. I've dabbled in Scientology for curiosity purposes. I find it very very interesting. and its only slightly more of a cult than Christianity or any other organized religion. I've been to the church services and to the "mecca" in Clearwater many times. A lot of the basic ideas in Scientology make a lot of sense (no impurities, try to attain CLEAR.. etc.
ditto
well yeah, that line can be drawnbut to put it as the world considers the definition of cult now, i'd say scientology is a full-blown 4-alarm cult.