sigh your right, i missed that, hmm, this damn show :club:
You will notice that the head surgeon looked at him with pity during that. Obivously he knew that he could not get his father down because he was dead. He knew Jack was delusional at that point.
  • Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like there are more questions now than ever. Why do certain people come back to life? Is Season 4 going to start in post-island time? Did the island bring Jack's dad back to life? There's obviously more to Jacob, when/how will he come into play? Did Locke leave the island with the others? Walt? What happened to Desmond, and what did he do with the information that Naomi's boat wasn't Penny's boat? What did Penny do? Where was Penny broadcasting from?Charlie was one of my favorite characters...pissed that he had to die. I honestly told one of my friends about 2 weeks ago that I thought this show was capable of doing a big leap forward, or continuing after they got back home. I didn't think they'd actually do it, though.

You will notice that the head surgeon looked at him with pity during that. Obivously he knew that he could not get his father down because he was dead. He knew Jack was delusional at that point.
sigh again that is what i thought at first but i didnt go with my first read and folded like a little girl, he was so messed up on oxy that he didnt know what was going on. THIS DAMN SHOW :club:
The island brought Locke and Mikhail back to life, why not Jack's dad?
The island brought Locke and Mikhail back to life, why not Jack's dad?
hmm i wonder why it would bring mikhail back to life if in fact the island did, maybe he is the one who is going to take out ben in the end??
what would lead you to this conclusion or guess?
Just a guess....Anything is possible on this show. It was the future and he said go get him and the other Dr. didn't flinch. Just a guess.
Wish we woulda got some clarification on Jacob..............
i looked at one website and got a long post about jacob, i can try to find it but it may take awhile, it was kinda technical but made sense sortaedit: http://forums.buddytv.com/lost-theories/20...far-part-i.htmlthis link is about the whole show including theories on jacob and so on, its very long, but some of its intresting

As far as mikhail and locke 'coming back to life', I don't think they died in the first place. I think it has more to do with their quick ability to heal, rather than coming to life after death. Sorry that it seems as though Ben was right about Naomi. I'm glad that Charlie told Desmond about the boat, and about Penny. I will bet that she will have the most to do with them getting off the island. I'm also glad that Desmond probably won't give up hope of getting off the island. Not sure who Kate would marry, and I'm not sure who's funeral that she wouldn't want to go to. Seems like both are Sawyer, which would play nicely into Jack being delusional.More tomorrow.

As far as mikhail and locke 'coming back to life', I don't think they died in the first place. I think it has more to do with their quick ability to heal, rather than coming to life after death. Sorry that it seems as though Ben was right about Naomi. I'm glad that Charlie told Desmond about the boat, and about Penny. I will bet that she will have the most to do with them getting off the island. I'm also glad that Desmond probably won't give up hope of getting off the island. Not sure who Kate would marry, and I'm not sure who's funeral that she wouldn't want to go to. Seems like both are Sawyer, which would play nicely into Jack being delusional.More tomorrow.
i want more now damnit

I think this is the first show in history where the cliffhanger at the end of the season is "What will the show be like next season?" I'd be interested to hear what people think. Personally I hope that Season 4 starts in post-island time and focuses on the search for the island while having flashbacks to fill in what happened in island time after the phone call to the freighter.But I think there are a number of ways the show could go. My roommate suggested that they would continue in island time as the main plot and just have flash-forwards. Or they could give up the island altogether and just focus on what happened after they left the island (although that seems really unlikely). They could just forget the flash-forward happened (kind of like the polar observatory scene at the end of Season 2) and continue with island time and flashbacks. They could build up to the time of the flash-forward with Jack spiraling into depression along wth any other Losty storyline they choose to show. It's just really interesting that they set the show up so it now could take on a completely different form or a completely different objective.

Is it bad that when I watch this show, I only watch the season premiere, the season recap, and the season finale. I try to catch an episode or two in between, usually during sweeps and right before the mid season break (which are most likely the most important ones). Anyway, I really enjoyed tonight's episode.
I've lost all respect for you and am adding you to my ignore list. You are its one and only member.

Now that's a season finale!Some great dialogue in tonight's showSawyer: You screwing Jack?Juliette: No, you?Tom: I give upSawyer shoots him: I didn't believe himRousseau and Alex reuniting:Rousseau: Want to tie him up?Alex to Ben: You tied him up, you tried to brainwash him!Ben: I didn't want you to get pregnant, maybe I overreacted (just like any normal Dad)As for the other stuff:Charlie went out in style; very heroic - last scene with Desmond was very touchingNot sure why Locke didn't just shoot the phone to stop the communication Locke sure recovered quickly from being shot and having what looked like a broken leg. Mikhail seems to have the same gift after being shot with the spear gun and then he had to be close to the grenade when he set it off (I'm assuming he's still alive)What's with Walt?Great finale and now we have to wait until '08

I think its Bens funeral they are refering to and he is in the coffin.First, no one was at the wake. Of all the people on the island, only Ben really fits this senario. Of course no one from the crash would go, but he's also lied to his own people. Basically no one likes him.When Kate was asking about if she was going to the funeral her response was , "Why would I want to go to the funeral?" As if that was an outrageous question. Kate would go to the funeral of anyone from the crash (plus Desmond). They were like family. Only Ben really fits her response. (Maybe Juliet, but you would think someone would show up to her funeral).So why is Jack showing up to Bens wake? He's sad that Ben was right. Ben was the only person who tried to keep Jack on the island, and now of course Jack desperately wants to get back there. Ben was also the only person who could possibly get Jack back to the island. All that's gone now. And of course Jack and Ben were neither family nor friends just like Jack said when he saw the coffin.

Charlie's death was pointless. Why the fuck didn't he just run to the other side of the door and close it behind him? And don't tell me he didn't have that extra .04 seconds, that's bull shit.One other comment, since I see you are all e-jizzing all over the forums about this. Was nobody else disappointed that they sort of gave away some of "the ending". I mean, now you KNOW that they get off the island. Deep down i'm sure everybody just assumes that they get off eventually. But that has been the main question throughout the entire series, and now we know the answer. No question there are a million other interesting questions remaining to be filled in, but that just seemed a little quirky to me.

Charlie's death was pointless. Why the fuck didn't he just run to the other side of the door and close it behind him? And don't tell me he didn't have that extra .04 seconds, that's bull shit.One other comment, since I see you are all e-jizzing all over the forums about this. Was nobody else disappointed that they sort of gave away some of "the ending". I mean, now you KNOW that they get off the island. Deep down i'm sure everybody just assumes that they get off eventually. But that has been the main question throughout the entire series, and now we know the answer. No question there are a million other interesting questions remaining to be filled in, but that just seemed a little quirky to me.
The only reasoning I could see was to make sure Desmond didn't get in since he saw Penny on the screen and didn't know eyepatch was about to blow the grenade. But yeah, I agree, a tad bit on the weak side.I don't think them getting off the island was ever my main question. My questions have always been, what is the island, what is the black mist, who are the others, who are Dharma, etc. My theory is that the show will switch around and have flashbacks of what happened the last few days on the island now while everyone is home. My only disappointment of the season finale was that my wife and I figured it was a flash forward the scene he looked ripped out the death notice. At first we thought it was Kate, then we thought it was Sawyer, and now I believe it to be Ben. All in all good stuff. If it wasn't for the last 5 or 6 weeks I would have stopped watching. Sadly next season and the season after will only be 13 ep seasons. You think waiting for next season will be long and hard? Heh.
The only reasoning I could see was to make sure Desmond didn't get in since he saw Penny on the screen and didn't know eyepatch was about to blow the grenade. But yeah, I agree, a tad bit on the weak side.I don't think them getting off the island was ever my main question. My questions have always been, what is the island, what is the black mist, who are the others, who are Dharma, etc. My theory is that the show will switch around and have flashbacks of what happened the last few days on the island now while everyone is home. My only disappointment of the season finale was that my wife and I figured it was a flash forward the scene he looked ripped out the death notice. At first we thought it was Kate, then we thought it was Sawyer, and now I believe it to be Ben. All in all good stuff. If it wasn't for the last 5 or 6 weeks I would have stopped watching. Sadly next season and the season after will only be 13 ep seasons. You think waiting for next season will be long and hard? Heh.
try this link http://forums.buddytv.com/lost-theories/20...far-part-i.htmlits long and kinda wordy but its some good theories
there were no locking mechanisms on the other side of the door. if charlie runs out of the room, the entire facility floods and desmond dies. charlie locked up the room and saved desmond for once, and the only way to do it was killing himself.of course, the real question for me is, on this island, where codes and numbers have already caused an EMP, wouldn't you be in full scuba equipment before you even entered the "good vibrations" code? i mean, in an underwater facility, with what happened to desmond the last time a code was involved, you'd think he'd be the first one suggesting they be ready. i know mikhail was the one who ultimately caused it, but still.fantastic episode. stuff on this level and this good was what i was hoping for from 24 and heroes.
there were no locking mechanisms on the other side of the door. if charlie runs out of the room, the entire facility floods and desmond dies. charlie locked up the room and saved desmond for once, and the only way to do it was killing himself.of course, the real question for me is, on this island, where codes and numbers have already caused an EMP, wouldn't you be in full scuba equipment before you even entered the "good vibrations" code? i mean, in an underwater facility, with what happened to desmond the last time a code was involved, you'd think he'd be the first one suggesting they be ready. i know mikhail was the one who ultimately caused it, but still.fantastic episode. stuff on this level and this good was what i was hoping for from 24 and heroes.
Completely ridiculous. We watched them swim DOWN to the facility in one breath. You're gonna tell me they couldnt jump in the water and swim up to the surface when the water came in? And it wasn't exactly a gushing waterfall, it was a porthole. They probably had time to even get into the gear if they wanted to.
Completely ridiculous. We watched them swim DOWN to the facility in one breath. You're gonna tell me they couldnt jump in the water and swim up to the surface when the water came in? And it wasn't exactly a gushing waterfall, it was a porthole. They probably had time to even get into the gear if they wanted to.
sure, that's what i'm telling you. maybe charlie just figured that it was what he had to do in order for desmond's vision to come true and claire and aaron to get off the island?beats me, i'm just talking out my ***. why was future kate not in jail? does being in a plane crash mean they can't hold you for murder anymore?

After watching Jack's flashforwards again, I believe now that it was Ben's funeral. He's the only character that really fits here. I'm not sure, however, if Jack's father is really dead. He seemed pretty rattled when the pharmacist at his own hospital said she would call his office about the scrip. I don't really mind that we know they get off the island, I think it will be quite interesting to find out how, and continue to see their individual struggles and such. I don't know why Charlie locked the door. The looking glass facility seemed large enough that they would have had plenty of time to get scuba gear on, so it seems that Charlie chose to die. He seems small enough to be able to fit out of the porthole too, if he really tried. Also, I don't remember exactly, but it doesn't seem that events went down exactly like in Desmond's flashback.

correct me if i'm wrong, because i no real knowledge in the area, but if the pressure is lost throughout the looking glass is lost due to one port hole being breached, wouldn't the moon pool flood instantly? if charlie doesn't close and lock that air tight door, then i'm thinking the water in the moon pool basically shoots up into the facility and they both die.again, no real idea, but that's what i'm thinking.
correct me if i'm wrong, because i no real knowledge in the area, but if the pressure is lost throughout the looking glass is lost due to one port hole being breached, wouldn't the moon pool flood instantly?
Pretty much, yeah. But I think his death had more to do with his destiny and the vision than the absolute necessity of the situation. Also, are we really sure that he's dead. We only saw him under water. In this show, one never really knows.