I was at lunch the other day and heard a song from this movie and it reminded me of how great it is:b00003cxbh01sclzzzzzzz9su.jpgHere is one users comment from Amaazon.com:"The Mission" is without a doubt one of the most breathtaking masterpieces I've ever seen. It is simply stunning, both in a visual and spiritual way that few films can achieve. Robert De Niro, although boldy cast against type, gave one of his finest performances and certainly deserved an oscar. Jeremy Irons was also outstanding, and the supporting cast (including Aidan Quinn and Liam Neeson) was wonderful. The scenery was incredible, as was the cinematography. And who can forget the beautiful music by one of the greatest composers of all time, Ennio Morricone? In short, to call this one of the greatest movies of all time is an understatement. The dvd has an awesome picture and sound quality that even improve the viewing experience, and the in-depth making-of documentary was very informative and entertaining."I coundn't have said it better. PS. I know that this could be in another forum, but the religious/spiritual/moral themes make it worthwile noting here IMHO. The soundtrack is great too.

I was at lunch the other day and heard a song from this movie and it reminded me of how great it is:b00003cxbh01sclzzzzzzz9su.jpgHere is one users comment from Amaazon.com:"The Mission" is without a doubt one of the most breathtaking masterpieces I've ever seen. It is simply stunning, both in a visual and spiritual way that few films can achieve. Robert De Niro, although boldy cast against type, gave one of his finest performances and certainly deserved an oscar. Jeremy Irons was also outstanding, and the supporting cast (including Aidan Quinn and Liam Neeson) was wonderful. The scenery was incredible, as was the cinematography. And who can forget the beautiful music by one of the greatest composers of all time, Ennio Morricone? In short, to call this one of the greatest movies of all time is an understatement. The dvd has an awesome picture and sound quality that even improve the viewing experience, and the in-depth making-of documentary was very informative and entertaining."I coundn't have said it better. PS. I know that this could be in another forum, but the religious/spiritual/moral themes make it worthwile noting here IMHO. The soundtrack is great too.
This movie (and especially the soundtrack) is awesome.
  • 2 weeks later...

The soundtrack is absolutely amazing.