Did God Create The Universe Or Just Earth?

Im being serious, I dont believe in the whole religion thing but for those of you who do...did God create the WHOLE universe? Or just the Earth?If he did create the whole Universe, do you believe in Aliens? Can you believe in both without contradictions?Im just curious. I think Aliens exist for sure. Not so sure about God.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure creationists believe that God created the universe, but not aliens.I don't think a good religious creationist can believe in aliens.

From the Genesis account of creation: God created the heavens and the earth. He also created the sun, moon and stars -- this would also include the whole universe.Are there life forms outside of life on earth? We know that there are supernatural beings - the Angel realm and there is an account of Satan and his demons, however God does not tell us anywhere in the Bible if there are life forms in othere parts of the universe. It is a possibility, however I don't spend much time thinking about it, since it does not affect my life here on earth. It is an interesting subject though.You might find it interesting to read the Genesis account. If you do not have a Bible handy, you can go to www.Gospelcom.net.

Honestly if there are aliens we are talking the next religious war.I mean the aliens will come down and talk about their religion sooner or later which will probably be nothing that we heard before.Well as years go by human are converted by aliens and vica vecsa. Sooner or later this will esculate to a full blown war (unless the aliens come down when we humans believe in actual equality, but I doubt that)

i think that God created the universe and everything in it. Who knows, God could have every solar sytem in the universe (who knows how many) doing there own thing to see which system works the best.It is funny thing about the universe and how big or small it might be. Maybe we are it that what we see is what we are. but what if we are just one speck on the fingernail of a person or something like that. I feel like a kid right now my imagination is running wild

It is funny thing about the universe and how big or small it might be. Maybe we are it that what we see is what we are. but what if we are just one speck on the fingernail of a person or something like that. I feel like a kid right now my imagination is running wild
pass the bong, man
Im being serious, I dont believe in the whole religion thing but for those of you who do...did God create the WHOLE universe? Or just the Earth?If he did create the whole Universe, do you believe in Aliens? Can you believe in both without contradictions?Im just curious. I think Aliens exist for sure. Not so sure about God.
So Aliens for suresies but no God. Talk about just randomly picking and choosing whatever you feel like, it's almost in the realm of religion. And yes, he did create the heavens and the Earth, he created it all. As far as aliens- he doesn't say. I can't tell you that there are none, but I have never seen one and any " evidence" for is infinitely worse than any evidence of a God, so I don't see why you would make the statement you did.
As far as aliens- he doesn't say. I can't tell you that there are none, but I have never seen one and any " evidence" for is infinitely worse than any evidence of a God,
zero is infinitely worse than zero?
zero is infinitely worse than zero?
Evidence of God is everywhere, I don't feel like holding your hand down that road tonight- or ever, for that matter. Talk about an excercise in futility. You are who you are and I am who I am.
So Aliens for suresies but no God. Talk about just randomly picking and choosing whatever you feel like, it's almost in the realm of religion. And yes, he did create the heavens and the Earth, he created it all. As far as aliens- he doesn't say. I can't tell you that there are none, but I have never seen one and any " evidence" for is infinitely worse than any evidence of a God, so I don't see why you would make the statement you did.
You got it backwards, the evidence for aliens is much stronger. There's no evidence of god, that must be taken on faith. Our existence is the best evidence for aliens. All you need to do is find a planet like ours, and there's reasonable chance that there was life there, or will be. The universe is so incomprehensibly big that it's a virtual certainty that life exists elsewhere.
Just curious, does anyone on the religion forum walk a middle ground? Does anyone believe both in science and a higher power?
I do. I think.On a slightly different note, are there any theories on how God came to be? That's something that's always intrigued me - did someone create God or did He just appear one day?
I do. I think.On a slightly different note, are there any theories on how God came to be? That's something that's always intrigued me - did someone create God or did He just appear one day?
I think you'll find that the religious will say he always existed...there was no before god. The non religious will say that man created god.

So what happens if they prove that multiple universesis exist. Isn't that what Science is currently working on? I saw somethin on tv about mutiple univesesis and how they think big bangs may come from the collision of these mutiple univeses.And I agree with Thresea on that science and relgion may not be mutualy exclusive from one another. I feel they both are vooodoo. :club::D

MDXS
I think you'll find that the religious will say he always existed...there was no before god.
That doesn't make any sense.
It's one of those questions where we will almost never come near the real answer, as we have no clue where to begin. What did God do before this? There are a zillion answers.
That doesn't make any sense.
whether the universe was created or not there has to be something beyond the time we experience. either the universe (or universes) were "always here" or god was. unfortunately the human brain isn't designed to deal with concepts outside of the experience of our time very well, since it evolved with a time arrow pointing in one direction (probably due to ever increasing entropy in our universe).
You got it backwards, the evidence for aliens is much stronger. There's no evidence of god, that must be taken on faith. Our existence is the best evidence for aliens. All you need to do is find a planet like ours, and there's reasonable chance that there was life there, or will be. The universe is so incomprehensibly big that it's a virtual certainty that life exists elsewhere.
Yeah, No. To try to assume the incomprehensible is even worth then sentence it takes to type it.
Just curious, does anyone on the religion forum walk a middle ground? Does anyone believe both in science and a higher power?
Absolutely.
whether the universe was created or not there has to be something beyond the time we experience. either the universe (or universes) were "always here" or god was. unfortunately the human brain isn't designed to deal with concepts outside of the experience of our time very well, since it evolved with a time arrow pointing in one direction (probably due to ever increasing entropy in our universe).
Stupid brain.
From the Genesis account of creation: God created the heavens and the earth. He also created the sun, moon and stars -- this would also include the whole universe.Are there life forms outside of life on earth? We know that there are supernatural beings - the Angel realm and there is an account of Satan and his demons, however God does not tell us anywhere in the Bible if there are life forms in othere parts of the universe. It is a possibility, however I don't spend much time thinking about it, since it does not affect my life here on earth. It is an interesting subject though.You might find it interesting to read the Genesis account. If you do not have a Bible handy, you can go to www.Gospelcom.net.
ur correct on the universe thing. God did create the sun and the moon and the stars. all that God wanted us to know he put it into the Bible. all that we need to know is there so i dont think there are aliens
ur correct on the universe thing. God did create the sun and the moon and the stars. all that God wanted us to know he put it into the Bible. all that we need to know is there so i dont think there are aliens
So in this train of thought then technically there would be no dinosaurs since those aren't in the bible either. . .