Did God Create The Universe Or Just Earth?

So in this train of thought then technically there would be no dinosaurs since those aren't in the bible either. . .
nah this is wrong...its merely the fact that of the stuff God needed to let us know right off, that there are aliens isnt one of them. Dinosaurs in Gods eyes are just another animal so no big deal on those either...(not that i believe in aliens either)
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in this train of thought then technically there would be no dinosaurs since those aren't in the bible either. . .
Here is a good website, if you would like to read more about dinosaurs and creation. It deals with evolution, the flood and dinosaurs. An interesting read if you are interested in looking at it from the Bible. You can then compare that with science and see what side you come out on.http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs/2.asp
Here is a good website, if you would like to read more about dinosaurs and creation. It deals with evolution, the flood and dinosaurs. An interesting read if you are interested in looking at it from the Bible. You can then compare that with science and see what side you come out on.http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs/2.asp
Somebody already posted this in the dinosaurs thread, but I will point out again how completely wrong and idiotic the entire article is. Just one example:"In fact, there is no proof whatsoever that the world and its fossil layers are millions of years old."That is an absolutely ridiculous statement, so ridiculous that I can only imagine that the author is purposefully ignoring the truth. Also:"there were not very many different kinds of dinosaurs. There are certainly hundreds of dinosaur names, but many of these were given to just a bit of bone or skeletons of the same dinosaur found in other countries."Again, Ken Ham is making things up. There is no way he can back up his previous statement with facts, because it is a lie....but he obviously isn't interested in facts.
Again, Ken Ham is making things up. There is no way he can back up his previous statement with facts, because it is a lie....but he obviously isn't interested in facts.
that's the point - these sites aren't designed at all to combat evolution etc. on an objective basis. they are designed only to influence the ignorant with misinformation (propaganda), with the sole purpose of forwarding their religious agenda. f' the truth.
that's the point - these sites aren't designed at all to combat evolution etc. on an objective basis.
I would submit that this is because it is actually impossible to combat the theory of evolution. It is the ONLY existing theory which CAN POSSIBLY explain how organized complexity MAY arise out of a state of non-organization.
Evidence of God is everywhere, I don't feel like holding your hand down that road tonight- or ever, for that matter. Talk about an excercise in futility. You are who you are and I am who I am.
I would love to hear that explanation.

In brief, the argument goes something like:The perfect order and function of objects in this world is proof of god's existence. The construction of humans, animals, plants, etc. is just too perfect to be the result of random chance.The argument is pretty old and shows up in the works of some good, though erroneous, philosophers (e.g. George Berkeley)This thread was a good read for an athiest/philosophy major

In brief, the argument goes something like:The perfect order and function of objects in this world is proof of god's existence. The construction of humans, animals, plants, etc. is just too perfect to be the result of random chance.The argument is pretty old and shows up in the works of some good, though erroneous, philosophers (e.g. George Berkeley)This thread was a good read for an athiest/philosophy major
Seeing that there is no perfect order or function in this world, it seems to be a pretty soft argument.

I'm curious how planets, solar systems and the universe evolved?Roughly flying stuff was attracked to larger flying stuff, and eventually settled down to a planet Earth circling the sun?I understand mass creates gravity, the larger something is the more gravity. So why did our stuff stop 9 million miles from the sun's gravity, and then the moon did the same thing, makes more sense to keep heading towards the thing that attracked it i.e. the sun.I am a creationist, so I'm biased towards God created it, but I've never read or seen anything that makes sense for how flying rocks throughout space settled down into a 'perfect' balance like the earth is.I had a UFO believer working for me and he gave me tons of books etc. But even he was stumped about why Alien's still do anal probes on hillbillies.

I'm curious how planets, solar systems and the universe evolved?Roughly flying stuff was attracked to larger flying stuff, and eventually settled down to a planet Earth circling the sun?I understand mass creates gravity, the larger something is the more gravity. So why did our stuff stop 9 million miles from the sun's gravity, and then the moon did the same thing, makes more sense to keep heading towards the thing that attracked it i.e. the sun.I am a creationist, so I'm biased towards God created it, but I've never read or seen anything that makes sense for how flying rocks throughout space settled down into a 'perfect' balance like the earth is.
scientists don't think the sun just randomly attracted the planets :club: it's much more likely the entire solar system formed together from a spinning gas cloud http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_systemalso all evidence indicates that (in simple terms) the moon is a part of earth that broke off when somthing large collided with earth during its formation.

if there are extraterrestrials, i highly doubt that they would be intelligent life forms. in genesis, after the flood, God gave dominion over all living things to man. so he basically made us rulers over all lower life forms.so if there were extraterrestrials out there, i would seriously take that to believe that they were all lower life forms as well.

scientists don't think the sun just randomly attracted the planets :club: it's much more likely the entire solar system formed together from a spinning gas cloud http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_systemalso all evidence indicates that (in simple terms) the moon is a part of earth that broke off when somthing large collided with earth during its formation.
But the formation was from gravitational pulls? large masses attract smaller masses. stuf floating around gets pulled into sun / earth/ moon all the time.Kind of hard to think this hasn't caused us to become too heavy for the sun's gravity tohold us, or extrapolate back and we would have been too light to not get sucked into sun. etc.Balance of known universe points more to design then randomness.
Kind of hard to think this hasn't caused us to become too heavy for the sun's gravity tohold us, or extrapolate back and we would have been too light to not get sucked into sun. etc.
Mercury's a lot closer and smaller than Earth and doesn't get sucked in. Jupiter's much larger and a lot further and isn't impervious to the Sun's pull.
But the formation was from gravitational pulls? large masses attract smaller masses. stuf floating around gets pulled into sun / earth/ moon all the time.Kind of hard to think this hasn't caused us to become too heavy for the sun's gravity tohold us, or extrapolate back and we would have been too light to not get sucked into sun. etc.Balance of known universe points more to design then randomness.
How can you possibly argue against the things you observe? There are planets, they orbit the sun. To say that this is unlikely or that we should be sucked into the sun is pointless...we haven't been sucked into the sun, because if we had we wouldn't be here to discuss the matter. Things are the way they are, why should they be different?
how can you judge or extrapolate what should have happened without a background in advanced physics? if you had that you'd know that the solar system is exactly as we'd expect it to be if the planets (with the possible exception of pluto) all formed from the same spinning disc of gas ~5 billion years ago.
not dinosaurs exactly, but Job mentions two enormous animals (behemoth and leviathan)
not dinosaurs exactly, but Job mentions two enormous animals (behemoth and leviathan)
Well what about all the dinosaur bones at the Natural History Museum? Fakes?
  • 1 year later...
how can you judge or extrapolate what should have happened without a background in advanced physics? if you had that you'd know that the solar system is exactly as we'd expect it to be if the planets (with the possible exception of pluto) all formed from the same spinning disc of gas ~5 billion years ago.
Well, not any more. I guess someone pretty important saw this post.
Evidence of God is everywhere
How come we never got the explanation for this?
I'm pretty sure creationists believe that God created the universe, but not aliens.I don't think a good religious creationist can believe in aliens.
"believe in aliens". see how silly that sounds?the fun thing about aliens is that it doesn't matter if you believe in them or not, they either exist or the don't, and your beliefs have no bearing on that. sort of...like...god...
The perfect order and function of objects in this world is proof of god's existence. The construction of humans, animals, plants, etc. is just too perfect to be the result of random chance.
thats ridiculous, everything is how it is, if it wasn't this way it would just be some other way.
thats ridiculous, everything is how it is, if it wasn't this way it would just be some other way.
One could say on another planet drinking lava instead of water.Or to quote the immortal Jeff Goldblum "Life finds a way" :club:
If there are intelligent aliens, it is extremely unlikely that we'll ever know it.
Pretty sure I can clear this up.My head landscaper actually has an economics degree from the university of Mexico City.SHIP IT! :club: