New Look World Poker Tour Wpt?

I myself dont like it, for one shana hiatt was way hotter then this chick who has no sex appeal, two the blind structure sucks and its an all in fest ......really not that much skill involved and then you add the two dome cameras which look horrible and they hardly ever use those angles. What does everyone else think?

I myself dont like it, for one shana hiatt was way hotter then this chick who has no sex appeal, two the blind structure sucks and its an all in fest ......really not that much skill involved and then you add the two dome cameras which look horrible and they hardly ever use those angles. What does everyone else think?
Agreed, Shana is hotter.It's a final table, that's what blind structures start to do at the end of tournies.The 2 camera's are too wierd and there's no point to getting those angles IMO.

I'm really not happy that they don't keep the numbers up on the screen anymore of how much was bet after an all in. Now they just have "All In" up on the screen. I'm sitting there thinking, "Damn it, how much?"It was one of the biggest reasons why I liked watching the WPT compared to the WSOP and now it's gone.

Agreed, Shana is hotter.It's a final table, that's what blind structures start to do at the end of tournies.The 2 camera's are too wierd and there's no point to getting those angles IMO.
(IIRC) They actually accellerate the blind structure for TV, so it's really not how big buy in tourneys normally behave (most of the 10k's have 2 hour levels, and I believe that it changes for the final table).
(IIRC) They actually accellerate the blind structure for TV, so it's really not how big buy in tourneys normally behave (most of the 10k's have 2 hour levels, and I believe that it changes for the final table).
Really? I think they have to state what the blind structure will be before the tourny starts. "You can't just change the rules in the middle of the game"

the new camera bubbles are retarted. the blind stucture is lame. that chick sucks.

the new camera bubbles are retarted. the blind stucture is lame. that chick sucks.
Really? I think they have to state what the blind structure will be before the tourny starts. "You can't just change the rules in the middle of the game"
I did a search, and I found the blind structure for the PokerStars Caribbean adventure in 2006. It stops at day 4 when they play to 6 players (when the WPT kicks in). At that point, they only indicate that the starting blinds are based on the average chips in play. They don't state how long the levels are, though.PokerStars Caribbean Adventure info
I did a search, and I found the blind structure for the PokerStars Caribbean adventure in 2006. It stops at day 4 when they play to 6 players (when the WPT kicks in). At that point, they only indicate that the starting blinds are based on the average chips in play. They don't state how long the levels are, though.PokerStars Caribbean Adventure info
Not too bad, at least they tell you how they will do it so you can figure it out once the tourny starts.That's a good deal for whomever goes to the final table as the short stack. In most cases, the blinds go down. The average stack has an M of 20 when the final table starts, also not bad.According to this link, the levels are still 75 minutes.I think that's a good deal for the players, and if they had a "normal" structure that went up like normal tournies, it would be more of an all-in fest at the final table than it is now.

Shana's leaving was her own decision, if I remember correctly... she thinks she's got enough name recognition to try to move up in Hollywood... good luck to her... :)Secondly, I'm sure i've read that they do in fact accelerate the blinds at the final table... as mentioned before, it goes from the standard 1.5-2 hours to something like 30-45 minutes.... they do this to keep down the production costs, and it's one of the main points of contention between the players and the WPT... the big name players don't like having to 'gamble' for the tourney win after working hard through the normal levels to get to the final table...

I've heard the arguments the wpt has made for the final table blind structure, and they just don't make sense. Because the most money is won and lost at this point in the tournament, it is of the utmost importance that the blind structure facilitate skillful play. When the blinds are raised every 30 minutes the more skilled players lose out, and most decisions become mathematical in nature. This leads to the all-in-fests that occur, and the players being at the mercy of the cards they are dealt.For this reason I have to say I favor the wsop telecasts, even if I have to put up with Norman Chad and his ex-wife jokes.

youre off a daywednesday
At 9pmEST.Also, the blinds at the WPT final tables are raised every hour, and when it gets heads-up, they get raised every 30 minutes. And the WPT sets the blinds levels they start at based on the chip average of the table (I think it's an average of 40 Big Blinds.)