I'm A Terrible Player, But Is It That Bad?

Villian is a good multitabling TAG. 27/19/2 or something like that. He is capable of folding when he thinks he's beat. His WTSD # seemed a bit low (34%), but that may be because I only have a few hundred hands on him.This is the first time I've ever done this. I usually just fold the flop, but occassionally I will peel. and I really felt like ****ing retard when I hit the raise button. After more though, I'm starting to wonder whether it's really that bad.Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is UTG with [Qd], [Kc]. Hero raises, 4 folds, BB 3-bets, Hero calls.Flop: (6.40 SB) [4d], [7s], [8s] (2 players)BB bets, Hero calls.Turn: (4.20 BB) [Ad] (2 players)BB bets, Hero raises

i don't see a solid villain folding oftenhis preflop 3-bet has to be taken seriously since you opened UTG. of course a solid player will 3-bet a lot of hands from the BB vs. a steal, but should know that you are not stealing.his range has made top pair or is better than 2nd pair, with the exception of some hands you already beat (e.g. KJs).but if he will bet fold 99-KK here, raising is worth it.

but if he will bet fold 99-KK here, raising is worth it.
That's what I was thinking. How often do you think he folds these hands though? Do you think he is more likely to call with KK than 99?

-Villian is a good multitabling TAG.This really sold me right here. I used to do this CONSTANTLY against the weak/tighty regulars on Absolute and it really worked well.We only need it to work, what, more than 1/6 of the time for it to be profitable? I think this happens around those borders against the villain you describe.I wouldn't make a habit of this, as I assume you don't, but maybe throw it in like 1/3 of the time. We don't want to be noticed, but can do it enough to be slightly better than break even with the play, with more expectation to come for metagame reasons if the table sees the bluff.And if you are a terrible player, then I'd imagine a lot of us have a lot of work to do :club:

We only need it to work, what, more than 1/6 of the time for it to be profitable? I think this happens around those borders against the villain you describe.
Since I plan to fold the turn (its a pure bluff), it has to work 2/7 (28%) of the time.If his hand range is AA-77, AK-AT, and KQs, he has a pair of aces or better 71% of the time. That means he has to fold KK-99 nearly 100% of the time. I would guess he folds KK-99 somewhere around 75% of the time.Looks like this is a high-variance slightly -EV play. If I picked up a flush draw on the turn, I would only have to succeed 1/6 times, and the semi-bluff would be profitable against this opponent.

I don't do this against good players. Actually I let go of this on the flop against good players. This is a situation where your overcard outs must give rise to serious reverse implied odds.However there is a difference between a good player and a TAG multi tabler.A "good" player won't let you get away with this turn ace representation.Depends on the read really.

I don't do this against good players. Actually I let go of this on the flop against good players. This is a situation where your overcard outs must give rise to serious reverse implied odds.However there is a difference between a good player and a TAG multi tabler.A "good" player won't let you get away with this turn ace representation.Depends on the read really.
You're right. I usually let this go on teh flop too. I peel when I'm not playing my best.On the turn, I just started to think about all the pp hands I could get to fold, and decided to give a raise a try, and look at it afterwards. In retrospect, I think my 75% figure is way too high. It's probably more like 25%.Like you said, my turn ace representation, while I thought it was smart at first, is really bad. I'm never raising the turn if I have an ace here, so my play is either a free sd play with some pp (but why didn't I raise the flop), or a bluff.Sometimes it will be an ace, when I'm distracted and multitabling, but that's rare. Then again, so is a pp, and a bluff. But since my play doesn't really add up, villian will usually get suspicious and look me up. Unless of course, he's distracted too.

It's not really a bad play per se. I'll throw in the bluff/raise on the turn occasionally. I'm pretty aggressive player though, and I check/raise the turn quite frequently for value, so that's got something to do with it.The problem with this particular situation is that his most likely hand is really an ace. So while the play works in theory, you should probably look for a better situation, where the scare card on the turn doesn't complete villain's most likely hand.

You don't raise the turn here with AQ?
Nope. Why would I? If I think my bluff works a decent percentage of the time, then I'm just letting pp's off easily, while exposing myself to a 3-bet.

They have to have KK-99 too often for this play to be profitable. Then they have to fold it. I consider myself agressive and I fold this on the flop.You have to spike a K or Q on the the flop and then you have to worry about AK, AQ, AA, KK, or QQ, all reraising hands bringing your implied odds way down. When I have KQ I almost always want to throw it in the muck when I get reraised. Although I can't, KQ is probablly my least favorite hand.