Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

In defense of Napa RE: Uber, Uber is run by objectivists (Uber for Ubermensch, ya see) and there's no in-app ability to tip. Part of the selling point of uber is that tipping is not expected. People assume that's because Uber drivers are paid more to compensate that, but as I understand it, it's not the case. I have a friend that drives in Denver, has a high rating, and gets tipped about 20% of the time ( so he says). Its totally possible people could have loved Napa's driving and still not tipped him.

Me, I tip my uber drivers because **** objectivism. But mostly I take lyft in Lincoln, as for some reason it's penetrated the market better than uber has, and you can never find uber drivers on duty. You can tip in the app on Lyft, which is super nifty.

I've got nothing but 5 stars from all my passengers, fwiw.

Uber's still pretty new in town so I think people don't realize that even though Uber claims you don't need to tip it would still be pretty cool if you did because they've taken more and more fees making it less and less profitable for drivers.

• Like 1

who told you that? the unified credit is over 2 million in 2015.

posters who are most likely to have to worry about estate tax (for an amt >2mil).

Shake - hahahahahaha Ok I'll get serious.

Me - nope, I'm 90% certain I'll be filing bankruptcy due to medical bills caused by past misdeeds (drinkin, druggin, smokin and probably some weird new STD that hasn't been discovered yet). Either that or I'll be so broke I'll have to go with "Emergency Retirement Plan Delta" which is going to prison.

Ronald - noooooope. he'll tip away his "fortune." Of course he'll rationalize it by saying something like "She had great cans and she liked me."

Thera - his interest is addictions. I don't see that being conducive to wealth accumulation.

BigD - will blow it anything he gets on a live in "nurse" that owns a huge strapon.

Scroom - even money. I think the yam yam might overcome his ability to identify and exploit opportunity.

brv - depends on if he gets out of academia and starts opening businesses. Also huuuuuugely dependent upon all of his kids being moderately successful. One or two screw ups that live at home until they're 30 and he's sunk. Final factor: how many semi-functional asians he lets live in his basement.

SA - probably has a decent shot with his salary. However, I'll put it at 3:2 against because I see at least one really messy divorce in his future. A woman can only take getting 30 seconds of pleasure in a stretch for so long.

Cobalt - 3:2 in favor. Depends on if his gamble gets the better of him and he goes full Matusow.

Tilty - California living will chip away at his fortune. He's going to be paying 18.95 per quart for water soon.

Stratagem - after years of riding out increasingly shortened cycles of boom-bust. He cashes out for <100k and opens a plant nursery in Oklahoma.

Napa - pretty likely. Again, will have to watch out for the "I want half Eddie" pitfall.

Frau - doubtful given fundraising is her bag. Unless some obscenely wealthy hollywood shmuck she meets at a donor event makes her a kept woman.

Beans - no bets. it's a mortal lock.

I've got nothing but 5 stars from all my passengers, fwiw.

Uber's still pretty new in town so I think people don't realize that even though Uber claims you don't need to tip it would still be pretty cool if you did because they've taken more and more fees making it less and less profitable for drivers.

I'd tip ya

Ronald - noooooope. he'll tip away his "fortune." Of course he'll rationalize it by saying something like "She had great cans and she liked me."

I don't think they like me like me, I know they'd rather have my table than two stiffs. They'll get to laugh, be casual and get tipped.

You're a beast.

And I'm sitting on my couch doing nothing

I got gas today, 12.666666666 miles to the gallon for city travel. Probably not the best car for Uber. Flashy as fck tho

This is by no means a permanent thing. Just a way to get a little more breathing room financially and out of an apartment and into a house within 18 months. The plan is to hit the uberring hard every weekend (driving the peak hours Thurs-Sun) for the next three months and then scale back to whatever I find are the most profitable hours every other weekend or so. I'm starting to get into "holy shit I can't be missing or even slacking on any workouts if I want to even think about finishing the 1/2" stage of training and me going out drinking is not conducive for that. Plus, I'll have a lot less financial stress and I tend to "be in a better place" when I keep myself busy with stuff, so that's a benefit, too.

• Like 1

We in CA will not be paying that much for water. Because there will be no water left to buy if Mother Nature keeps trying to turn the entire state into the Mojave Desert.

Taxes though....Governor moon beam is spending $60 billion to make a,speed train go 10 miles in the middle of the Central Valley. And he wants to dig a tunnel from Northern CA to Southern CA to send water down from the delta.

I am so exhausted. Cannot wait for this move to be over so much I'm looking forward to the 8+ hour drive north so I can rest for a while.

Moving sucks. Being poor, I've done it a lot.

We had to move every year from the 9th grade through my sophomore year in college. And that's just my family, that doesn't even count my move to Mississippi. Then I moved 4 times from 1998-2003 as well.

Cobalt - 3:2 in favor. Depends on if his gamble gets the better of him and he goes full Matusow.

:)

Fwiw, I have lost about half my BR on just a few occasions, and I haven't even done that in many years. If I have a really horrid session these days, it's probably not going to be for more than 20% of my roll. As for any other Matusow comparison, I've never used tobacco or an illegal drug...I drink occasionally...maybe average a beer every two weeks?

I'm not a totally frivolous spender, but I also haven't been as budget conscious as I should be. Most of my spending tends to be bills and food. Trying to remember the last item of clothing I bought. If I'm buzzing my hair, I just do it myself. Granted, I should be saving more.

I think a portion of whether I hit that number is going to depend a little on if I can finally find a breakthrough live tourney win one day. Well, that and whether I can just get myself to be more disciplined. Worked tonight for the first time in 17 days. Hadn't intended for it to be that long, but I was on vacation for about 8 days of it...and then kind of padded that further. My wife went back to work, so I'm trying to balance playing with being a stay at home dad.

scram, what is the difference between what you are describing and just carrying a big umbrella policy?

Proactive asset protection is a fire extinguisher.

An umbrella policy is the asset protection equivalent of fire insurance.

Both useful in their own regard but one is dirt cheap and has the potential to prevent huge headaches while the other just serves to allay the consequences of it already happening.

We haven't talked about shoes lately. What are you guys rockin' today? What are everyone's shoe sizes? Do you ever wear sandals or flip flops? We need some shoe talk around here.

Don't be shy, Frau. Give us the deets. Maybe even a couple foot pics.

• Like 1

We haven't talked about shoes lately. What are you guys rockin' today? What are everyone's shoe sizes? Do you ever wear sandals or flip flops? We need some shoe talk around here.

Don't be shy, Frau. Give us the deets. Maybe even a couple foot pics.

- My current everyday shoe is still my White's semi-dress, which I'll put on later. Right now in Xero shoes.

- Size ~13.

- I'd wear flip-flops whenever weather permitted, if I didn't receive pushback from my sexual partner.

- I'm thinking about ordering a pair of these, purely as a spite move: http://www.islandsandals.com/