I Called In Sick Today

While that sounds fabulous, I have not been and probably won't make it before we leave in a week and a half.

Your move Frau.

• Like 1
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

As long as we don't have to disclose it on the banner.

And you can think McDermott for your run of 11 straight for not being able to do anythjng with Johnson, Garret, Brackins, Hamiton, Gilstrap, Christofferson ETC

When my daughter was little, we had a car game where she would pick out any other car in traffic then upon her command, I'd pull up alongside as fast as I could, roll down my window and we'd both start hysterically screaming while pointing at their tires. They'd always freak out and pull over thinking something was horribly wrong, we'd speed off laughing so hard. Never did it for more than an hour at a time but pretty sure we could take a trip from New York to LA doing that and both be totally entertained the entire way.

Is there daughter backstory? I'd like to hear more stories about your feelings on the formal school structure, the politics of carpools, and any time you have to negotiate birds and bees type conversations.

Yeah, two pictures at week, tops. I'm a posting machine.

And I've had to look at pictures of people's stupid kids for years, they can look at my stupid dog now.

RM, I'm right here. I've been looking at stupid photos of who-cares-what for years. You've got SwagDog in and out of trunks, please post them.

Frau, if you're reading, ever since we moved to so cal my daughter has wanted to go to Hollywood to see the touristy things. We've never made it but since we only have two more weekends here and everyone is off tomorrow we figure we'd better go now if we're going to make it. Any pro tips on what to see, where to go, best places to park etc...?

I'm right in the marathon zone, so yes you're a little stuck.

Hollywood, hmm. Pay to park, and since it's hot, pay to park covered--the towing and meters are aggressive. If you go next Sunday you could check out the Hollywood farmer's market. Very, very big and cool and right by Amoeba.

Hollywood and Highland is fine, and maybe trot up the hill and peek into the Hollywood Bowl. It's a state park so the facility is open when the venue isn't getting used. I was down in Playa del Rey today, visiting a friend, and on that beach--so nice!

More LA, I went to downtown, almost Boyle Heights last night for theater. It was super awesome--the night, the company, and the performance. If I can, I'm going to see it twice.

90ZlSy9.jpg?1

So we just rescued a cat. Can't wait to get my new license plates.

Well, what's your joke?

Frau or Tilty

Have you guys ever been to or seen a restaurant called Plan Check Kitchen + Bar? It's in the Little Osaka area in Los Angeles. Oh my god. The signature burger looks ridiculous.

Please go and report back. The Plan Check Burger has homemade cheese, they make homemade ketchup and dehydrate it into a little sheet, the meat is a Wagyu and black angus sirloin blend, homemade pickles and caramelized onions made with chicken skin. The bun is brushed with a parmasean butter.

Then for dessert they have these donut looking things they make. Wow.

Of note, I haven't eaten lunch or dinner today, but still.

I live in walking distance and have been several times. I'd go more, but I find the atmosphere a little bro for my tastes. They rotate on and off one of my favorite cocktails--the Diving Bell.

• Like 2

Frau or Tilty

Have you guys ever been to or seen a restaurant called Plan Check Kitchen + Bar? It's in the Little Osaka area in Los Angeles. Oh my god. The signature burger looks ridiculous.

Please go and report back. The Plan Check Burger has homemade cheese, they make homemade ketchup and dehydrate it into a little sheet, the meat is a Wagyu and black angus sirloin blend, homemade pickles and caramelized onions made with chicken skin. The bun is brushed with a parmasean butter.

Then for dessert they have these donut looking things they make. Wow.

Of note, I haven't eaten lunch or dinner today, but still.

Yeah big guy... how about a pic or a link?! I'm too lazy to do it myself.

• Like 1

you can thank bill self for that one. maybe go zone a tad earlier when its obvious thats the only answer to the four corners penetration offense.

Hoiberg coached circles around Self in that game. I'm actually really worried about him leaving now.

That was a sweet dunk by Seldon though... so you get the moral victory on this one Suited. DAMMIT!

• Like 1

There's been a couple of salesman that I've visited more than once and when I've tried to train them they blow me off. One such asshat I just visited on Thursday and once again he blew me off, while telling his GM that he "was good" with everything. The. Today he calls me asking me to train him over the phone because he has a customer in front of him that wants to sign up.

I do it and am very nice about it because it's our biggest client. If it was one of my small clients I would have given him a ration of shit.

Salespeople suck.

Yeah, two pictures a week, tops. I'm a posting machine.

And I've had to look at pictures of people's stupid kids for years, they can look at my stupid dog now.

It's been more than 18 months since I've posted a picture to social media that wasn't intended to make people feel bad.

I started doing it almost by accident, oddly, just taking anything fun in my life and misrepresenting it to look like I was Dan Bilzarian. But quickly I realized something bigger was at play: people were hating. Specifically, the people whose status updates annoyed me most, i.e. parents.

Today I place more effort on making it seem like my partner and I love each other a lot more than we actually do, because bitter single people are an easier target and because I rarely go out anymore, but if it weren't for parents' selfish and abrasive internet habits, I never would have learned some of the easiest tricks for making people feel inadequate or unfulfilled.

Edit: now that I think about it, I think there is a non-zero chance that most parents on Facebook are just trying to piss everyone off to amuse themselves. I can't be the first person who has considered having a kid just as a troll.

• Like 1
Brutal. I'm sure she'll sleep a lot but that's a long time sitting in a car seat by herself.

Bring ear plugs.

We made it in 10.5 hours with only four stops (I can drive it straight with one gas stop if I'm going solo). Like most things with her so far, she did surprisingly well. She got a little cranky after about 400 miles, but we suspect she might be starting to teethe.

We continued our game from our last road trip. It's an alphabet-geography game. Starting with A, first person names a city that starts with that letter. Then next person names another one starting with A. Players go back and forth until someone can't name another. I probably win about 80% of the letters, so I volunteered to switch to a version that I suspect ny wife could kill me in...we did celebrities (initial letter of first names instead of cities). The bonus stipulation is that a double letter name (Alan Alda, Billy Baldwin, etc) means the other person has to name two on their next turn. Pretty sure we spent well over an hour on A.

• Like 1

As for the FB stuff, I feel like my daughter is quite cute (I post a couple of pics per week), but I freely admit I might be biased. I also remember not really caring much about seeing kid pictures until I met my wife and we wanted to have kids. I dunno if it's a switch in the brain when you get into that mindset or what. It's weird being part of the "club".

Happy Monday!

I can only assume that is a pic of napas dong. I didnt click on it because its onky for frau though, no matter how much i wanted too.

Thank you for respecting my public private message disclosure.

• Like 1

My brother bought a steel shed and I helped him start tearing it down yesterday. It was super windy which isn't exactly what you want when carrying 3'x8' sheets of steel.

I also might be going in on renting some hay ground with him for the year. Projections are anywhere from 200-350% ROI.

BIG THINGS HAPPENING OVER HERE

New fetish idea: carpetbagger humiliation. I could have my partner call me a carpetbagger in bed, and demean me for trying to exploit the terrible circumstances of the Reconstruction Era American South East.

And the best part is that all the wardrobe from our Antebellum slave fetish stuff that's now tattered and dirty from years of use is ideally repurposed here.

• Like 3