I Called In Sick Today

I don't think I said a word but that's OK because I have a really good intently focused look and take a bunch of notes.

I did get a little feather in my cap when the CFO and another VP asked about getting to a number and the usefulness of some numbers presented when I had did basically that for our controller and my budget buddy prior to this and they basically dismissed it and did something else.

I don't think they made that connection though but I know. I know.

• Like 1
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

my dad and i had dinner at red robin. he had a free burger for his birthday coupon. his birthday is in july, but he told red robin it was in january. those saps have no idea we just gamed the fvckin system.

haven't heard about the bonus yet. probably not until the end of next week at the earliest.

haven't decided on that job yet. i'll probably send over a resume next week, but i hesitate because there should be a real good opportunity for me in the current company later this year. some inside info, but one of the people with a job i want is likely to leave very soon.

You guys are both lawyers. You know that, correct? My goodness, maybe Mexico is right about the Aces family.

• Like 3

He's saying you're a couple of cheap bastards bilking poor Red Robin out of a $7 burger like that when you easily make $200k a year plus between you.

Brvy is kind of harsh like that.

• Like 4

it's more sad than anything. But kudos, you guys beat Red Robin out of a burger. And you guys probably tipped on the value of the one meal, not two.

Do you guys go to the movies and squeeze in a "double feature" but only purchase one ticket?

• Like 2

i can't tell if you're serious, but the joke is obviously that red robin gives a free burger to anyone who joins there club thing. anyone can do that at any time. my dad did so, but gave a different birthday than his actual one because of some unknown reason, but either way they track it and you only get one free burger for your birthday per year. he just got his in january instead of july. so red robin purposefully does this to get you in. but i guess in your haste to assume the lawyers are bad people you missed the obvious joke.

hence my brag post about a free burger at red robin.

SO GOOD JOB LOSERS.

I just presumed the chiseling scheister gives one club a January birthday, another club a February birthday and so on. I mean, numerous memberships each with a unique birthday...well, the apple don't fall far from the tree...

The next 90-120 days at my gig are exquisitely horrible and overwhelming.

Accentuating the positive, here's the nicest thing that got said to me today:

Frau: I am very carrot and stick...

Co-worker: Did you say charismatic?

I'll take it!

• Like 3

I just presumed the chiseling scheister gives one club a January birthday, another club a February birthday and so on. I mean, numerous memberships each with a unique birthday...well, the apple don't fall far from the tree...

even if he did that, how would that be chiseling? if they give you a free meal once a year, what does it matter what month you get it? they wanted his email, they don't give a shit about the month.

even if he did that, how would that be chiseling? if they give you a free meal once a year, what does it matter what month you get it? they wanted his email, they don't give a shit about the month.

Oh, you misunderstand. The "chiseling" has nothing to do with this escapade, I applaud the concept of gaming marketers to get at least one free meal every month of the year. The "chiseling" should probably just be hyphenated with the "scheister" because: lawyer.

Oh, you misunderstand. The "chiseling" has nothing to do with this escapade, I applaud the concept of gaming marketers to get at least one free meal every month of the year. The "chiseling" should probably just be hyphenated with the "scheister" because: lawyer.

then we have business.

Biden got in trouble for using the term scheister.

I have little else to offer in the way of content. Literally nothing.

Work, try to eat and drink less, knee hurts, try to golf as much as possible. That's my life.

Livin' the dream.

We lost again in basketball last night. 0-6. This doucher I know from college on the other team got straight up embarrassd though when the biggest, slowest guy (not me!) on our team just grabbed the ball from him at the top of the key and then dribbled down court for the slowest fast break layup ever. Comedy.

I ate at a local BBQ place I found via help last night. I try to avoid chains for dinner so when I check into my hotel in the evening I'll pull up yelp and see what's getting good reviews. This BBQ place had 4.5 stars and was a half mile away so how could I resist?

Tri tip - this was nice and tender and flavorful.

Ribs - nice and meaty, not as much smoke flavor as I like and they were obviously taken out of the smoker earlier in the day and then kept in a warmer. Cooked perfectly but not what they could have been if they came right off the smoker.

Potato salad- standard good salad.

Baked beans - meh, nothing special, kind of bland.

BBQ sauce - good flavor. Just a little heat on the back of the throat, not too thick or too thin. But, there was a powdery feel in my mouth after eating it like some of the seasonings didn't disolve all the way or something.

Overall, definitely not any better than I make and I prefer my ribs by a lot but that could partly be just a matter of taste.

That's all I got.