I Called In Sick Today

I'm going to marry her and Brvy will get a shoutout at the wedding for bringing us together.

How about we just go hang out with some new people first? There are way more girls than just her. She was just notable to me because no one ever seems interested in her romantically and she's super nice.

I texted Nate. He's going to text/call you at some point. (Although he's in Chicago, of all places, this weekend)

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Look, Brv. I get it. You think highly of me and think I could do better than a hot blonde with an artsy job in a dying industry. Especially when I lose the rest of this weight. But don't worry. I am not too good for her. I bet she dresses real cool, too, and we can go shopping together and people will be like whoa, those are two ridiculously good looking people dressed sharply. They need to procreate for the sake of humanity.

Can we talk about game 7 for just a second?

If Alex Gordon was actually running the bases, he scores an in-the-parker. Correct?

If that was Pete Rose, for instance, he might not even have to slide at home, because he's flat out sprinting the whole way around.

That's what separates the Hall of Famers from everyone else.

I'm still pissed at Gordon for jogging and it's been a couple days... and I'm not even a Royals fan.

So what did you tell Nate about me? How'd the conversation go? Does he think I'm some sad sack with no friends?

Yes. I told him you were a loser and he should feel sorry for you. I also warned him to not let you creep the chicks because I thought you were some sort of predator.

• Like 1

I didn't read it but there was a headline on deadspin "No, Gordon could not have made it home if he was running" or similar and so that's good enough for me. He couldn't have made it home even if he was running.

Well all the people I trust disagree with deadspin.

Even WITHOUT starting over at home and sprinting the whole way, Nate Silver postulates that the Royals should have sent him anyway.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/send-alex-gordon/

Also, I love Poz: http://joeposnanski.com/joeblogs/sending-gordon/

Well then you tell him to not single-handedly lose the Series because of a general lack of hustle.

In other sports related news, the new Cavs jerseys are amazing. I love them.

vkCpRgQ.jpg

I love all those guys but hate the Cavs. Even if LeBron's a wussy, I'm not. Dan Gilbert will never receive my fandom.

• Like 1

Well all the people I trust disagree with deadspin.

Even WITHOUT starting over at home and sprinting the whole way, Nate Silver postulates that the Royals should have sent him anyway.

http://fivethirtyeig...nd-alex-gordon/

Also, I love Poz: http://joeposnanski....sending-gordon/

You do realize Poz doesn't agree with you?

There's also this:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/alex-gordon-barely-had-a-chance/

My dream was that they send him, and then Posey kinda blocks the plate a little bit, and then they go to review, and the Royals tie it up that way, all because of the rule that was instituted because Posey got run over and broke his leg a few years ago.

Calling Gordon for out for his running isn't the right thing to do, though. The deadspin article was good because it explained his fastest times around the bases. Fangraphs is good because Sullivan uses a lot of video evidence from this year of both Gordon running, and Crawford throwing. As Poz says, because of the way it ended, you would prefer any other decision just to change the outcome.

• Like 1

on Monday, I gave the new guy a task to complete by yesterday. he didn't do it, left at 5pm. they send out an email today saying that everyone can leave at 3. I asked him, hey are you done with the task?

NG: no, but you already did most of it...

Me: OK, disregard the email. please get it done before you leave.

NG: I have to study for my test on Monday, though...

Me: OK, but you had 45 days to do that. please do the task before you leave.

can't believe it. it was a 30 minute, at most, commitment that I needed from him at any point this week. I'm literally working the whole weekend. no you cannot ****ing leave at 3:00.

Step lively fellas, its almost the freakin weekend.

I plan to purchase a garment bag fo my trip to hot lanta next week. Gotta keep my duds looking crisp.

Ill watch some football too. Possibly have some sex, although not well, but still.