I Called In Sick Today

FRAU!

Your first priority should be getting as much money as you can. And then worry about the details of what the job is or if you even want it because once you get that salary history on your resume you have a much better chance of that becoming your baseline should you decide to leave anyways. They're looking out for número uno and so should you.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Immediate Supervisor gave notice. I got called into Big Boss' office today, oh ho Frau. Don't leave--we want you to stay. We're going to have a search for a new Immediate Supervisor--we're going to create new title for you. There's money. etc. Just tell us what you want.]

I want to be successful. I want to work with a peer. I want more money. Which parts do I compromise?

I don't understand one part of this.... you want to work with A peer or this particular soon to be departed peer?

FRAU!

Your first priority should be getting as much money as you can. And then worry about the details of what the job is or if you even want it because once you get that salary history on your resume you have a much better chance of that becoming your baseline should you decide to leave anyways. They're looking out for número uno and so should you.

I partly agree with this. Money is important and you only have so many opportunities where you have the leverage to get all you can. On the other hand, what you're doing and who you're doing it with, work wise, will determine your overall happiness much more than your salary will, especially after the first couple of larger checks come in. A huge salary will make you feel better about life, give you a sense of pride and all of that but 3 or 4 months down the road if you hate what you're doing and who you're working with/for that salary will not make up for the day to day dread that will set in.

• Like 1

big boss asked my internal powerbroker and I to come up with title/salary. The job, as described by Big Boss, is enormous. I don't know if he's listening to himself, but they're putting me in charge of most revenue. The potential raise they talked about was $10k--no way.

I want a peer--I do not have anyone like that now. I went home last night and applied for a different job. The title would be the same as my current--but the responsibilities are clearer.

The potential job at current org is so big I feel like it's the Spruce Goose of the workplace.

I would not be great at Immediate Supervisor's job--that's the seven figure ask range. I have a twinge of butthurtness about not being offered it, though. I went home last night and applies for a gig at another org. My title would stay the same--and the most I would expect would be an extra $10k in pay. The scope of job seems better, though.

• Like 1

Essay, deets on the game. How was it? What did you wear? Were the clients cool and big fans?

Great time, good seats, nice view. Crowd was crazy. Clients were very thankful. I wore my j crew shorts and nike drI fit royals jacket. I looked pure and classy.

I would think 285. Either way man its all about the personality.

I'm not going to throw out specific guesses on behalf of Napa, but just so everyone knows, I would guess Napa is well under this number. Guy is probably starting to look pretty fly -30.

Nice jobs, Naps. Keep it going.

Well, they might be, I don't know. I actually pretend I make little money IRL.

Just in general though. People complaining about not getting invited to weddings, not getting calls when people are in town, talking shit about other people for no real reason...just let shit be. Try not to get to worked up over what you can't control.

I also don't like hanging out with a lot of my friends from college but not for any real reason.

People that talk crap about others are my worse enemies. I really despise people like that.

You'll get tasered 90% of the time there before you can make it into the house.

I ever tell anyone about the guys I met in prison who were in there for DUI manslaughter?

I speak for everyone in the world in saying that you never ever need to ask if you've told us a prison story. Just fire away. If it's the 10th time, I'm still reading the whole thing on the edge of my seat.

Great time, good seats, nice view. Crowd was crazy. Clients were very thankful. I wore my j crew shorts and nike drI fit royals jacket. I looked pure and classy.

I'm assuming you're going back tonight?

You know what, screw it, you guys know way more embarrassing stuff about me. I'll open up the floor to guesses.

Those who have submitted guesses can stand pat or resubmit.

Except Ronnie. I think I told him once.

Edit: Closest guess gets nudes. Can't promise they'll be of me though.