Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Those sandals are awful. All sandals for men are awful.

Flip flops are okay. Women do give me shit for wearing hot them all summer, but I also get shit for wearing basketball jerseys to dinner, so clearly women aren't reasonable.

• Like 1

The most "wow" thing I read so far was southern white legislators passing vagrancy laws, where at the beginning of every year, people had to show written proof of having a job, and if they couldn't, it was an automatic conviction. You were put in labor prisons, where you were then auctioned off to the highest bidders looking for cheap labor. Unfortunately for those people, predominately blacks, as you'd imagine, was at least slave owners had a vested interest in keeping slaves healthy. These people didnt and the mortality rates were through the roof.

All in the name of keeping blacks down and keeping slavery, kind of legal. This happened in the 20th century. Just tons of things like that. So crazy to read what US Senators were saying, writing and proposing on the senate floor.

Reconstruction is one of my favorite periods, because the southern whites were so beaten down and the blacks had such momentum going that they were able to elect bunches of black people to office in the 1800s, and yet vagrancy laws and the black codes and shit were going around, and Jackson was basically allowing the south to discuss policies that were essentially slavery.

Also, this is the perfect time to mention that I'm planning to make a rap album with a NYC style but over southern beats, called Carpet Swagger, and all my verses are going to be about how wide open the southern rap game and how I'm taking all their money.

• Like 1

The quote was pretty stupid. There are tons of racist black people, and 95% of them aren't republicans.

I'll bet there are more racists in China who don't know what a republican is than there are republicans in the US. Foreign racism gets a pass, though, because the races they are are usually ethnically and culturally indistinguishable to us, so we just fine it hilarious.

• Like 1

Or, its over there and we have our own problems.

I did mention european racism, I've seen it on the pitch. Horrible. And italians and irish and all those others have plenty of hate.

Suited, not sure if that was a joke about the whole foods, but plenty of communtes try to stop businesses from going up, namely Walmarts. Your example may be true and those leaders were stupid, most likely. I dont know their reasoning. All racism is stupid but i'm just saying that black on white racism is a drop of water in the ocean of racism. It exists, but it isnt dominating.

Suited, not sure if that was a joke about the whole foods, but plenty of communtes try to stop businesses from going up, namely Walmarts. Your example may be true and those leaders were stupid, most likely. I dont know their reasoning. All racism is stupid but i'm just saying that black on white racism is a drop of water in the ocean of racism. It exists, but it isnt dominating.

I was kinda kidding. I mean it's stupid but not a big deal.

• Like 1

Went to mr good cents instead and in the car I blew my nose and apparently missed. I'm standing there with just an enormous amount of snot on my jacket. I finally notice and wipe it off. Just got this jacket too. Sick ass jacket ruined.

Or, its over there and we have our own problems.

I did mention european racism, I've seen it on the pitch. Horrible. And italians and irish and all those others have plenty of hate.

So as long as a particular form of racism is is more rare then, while it's stupid, it's not that stupid? I don't know that I believe black on white racism is much if any less prevalent than white on black. SA and my point is that there's not the same sensitivity to black on white racism (for obvious reasons), which is wrong. You cannot be against racism if you're not against all racism, no matter how "dominating" it is or isn't.

I've never heard of Mr. Good Cents. Sandwich joint?

And my tablet showed up today safe and sound. There are still good people in the world.

• Like 2

I'm just not much of a fan of sandwiches for dinner by and large. For me dinner is a reward for making it through the day without killing someone or many someones therefore I want something that takes a little effort to create especially if I'm not making it. That being said, every once in a while I'll get a loaf of good, fresh bread and some meats that lean more toward the premium side and make a nice sub for dinner but I could count the times per year on one hand.

I'm just not much of a fan of sandwiches for dinner by and large. For me dinner is a reward for making it through the day without killing someone or many someones therefore I want something that takes a little effort to create especially if I'm not making it. That being said, every once in a while I'll get a loaf of good, fresh bread and some meats that lean more toward the premium side and make a nice sub for dinner but I could count the times per year on one hand.

i don't have the time or the energy to make a fancy dinner. it was cheap and easy and delicious and baby thats me all over.

Frau, give me an artist to get into. Especially one famous enough to have a few books written about them.

How about Frida Kahlo or Rufino Tamayo?

I like goodcents more than jimmy johns. very nice bread. depends on the franchise, some of them are bad and overdo the bread.

I used to work there, it was interesting, the process for making it. dough comes in frozen, has to be progressively shifted until it hits the oven.

You would proof it--like let it rise in a slightly warm oven?

I rarely eat sandwiches and when I do they are almost always hot. A cold sandwich rarely sounds appealing. There is a little donut/sandwich (weird I know but this is LA) shop across from one of my stores that's owned by an oriental family that together can't speak 5 words of English. They make a damned good turkey, ham and bacon. The kicker is they add cilantro with the lettuce. Never had it on a sandwich like that before but it is damned good.

• Like 1

I worked by a sandwich place that sold ordinary sounding sandwiches--my favorite was a tuna salad. The family who owned it were Korean, and clearly only spoke English to customers. I was electrified the day I heard one of them switch answer the phone to take a to-go order, and switch to Spanish.

Tilt, give up on life. It's going to be in the 90s in Santa Monica. You'll be living on the surface of Mercury.

• Like 1

The Shalom Deli in the loop was run by a Japanese family.

The best part about going there was watching as Jewish tourists would walk in and instantly realize they'd been completely buffaloed.

• Like 3

I worked by a sandwich place that sold ordinary sounding sandwiches--my favorite was a tuna salad. The family who owned it were Korean, and clearly only spoke English to customers. I was electrified the day I heard one of them switch answer the phone to take a to-go order, and switch to Spanish.

Tilt, give up on life. It's going to be in the 90s in Santa Monica. You'll be living on the surface of Mercury.

I was wondering how this family dealt with the Hispanic population. Maybe they speak better Spanish than English?

You are not kidding. 104, 106, 107, 103 the next 4 days. Thankfully the A/C is working it's magic so I may not leave the house between now and Monday morning. I was thinking about going to the beach Sunday but may not bother if it's going to be in the 90's there anyway.

While we're on race, they are called Asian people, not oriental people. Objects are oriental, rugs, furniture, etc. people are Asian. Just a friendly tip. Take it or leave it.

• Like 1